Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JEWS AND BASEBALL  (Read 18968 times)

Ginny

Re: JEWS AND BASEBALL
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »

DR der Brucer - Thanks for asking!  I will graduate from Cardiac Rehab Phase 2 on Monday and now have a routine established - just have to keep up my motivation.  I'm not obsessing about the diet, but still have lost almost 20 pounds. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »

And how are YOU, DR der Brucer?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »

Wisconsin 48, Michigan 28  :P

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2010, 12:32:47 PM »

I just picked up the new Criterion version of THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER at my local Barnes & Noble for 50% off.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »

And how are YOU, DR der Brucer?

I'm hanging in there.  Spent a nasty few weeks just fighting off a damnable cold - not bad enough to be be of real concern (no high fever, no chills, no aches) but a never ending cough and continued mild nasal congestion. My almost healed cracked sternum advised me to treat the symptoms aggressively which I did with every-four hour swigs of Tussin DM - which worked on the cough but kept me groggy for the entire time.

After my "Doctor, I had a chest pain the other day" saga you'd think I'd learn not to complain, but NO! On my last visit to my GPs officer (he moved on to greener pastures) and I now see a really nice Nurse Practitioner to whom I voiced my continuing concern with my inability to stand upright in one spot ( I can walk fine, but if I try and stand still, my lower body starts to tremble and crumble - unless I hold on to something, then I'm fine. That business resulted in my shuffling off to a Neurologist who was distressed by my over-all physical weakness (hey, I'm a coach potato, not a farmer!) so she is passing me off to the hospital for back Xrays and a lumbar MRI on Monday and she has set me up for a month of three-days/week of physical therapy (on a nice day, the PT office is within walking distance).

Your tax-dollars at work!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:37:01 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »

That was on heck of a hockey game!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »

I am packed and ready to go. I do need to run out and purchase a new key and lock for my luggage. I ruined the old key trying to break down a door at Toyland and now it won't work. Oy, don't ask!

I thought it was sopranos who couldn't find the key and didn't know when to come in.

And tenors.

Does that mean Larry's a tenor?   ;D

My singing beats description. I took a hammer to the key and now it works fine. I blame Jose. And Arnold, our cleaning man at Toyland.

Has anyone seen this Logo "reality" show, THE A LIST? What a bunch of whiney shallow people. Compare to these moronic queens  Sarah Palin seems deep and intellectual.

Elmore-

I swear I've never cleaned at Toyland !
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:47:28 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2010, 12:47:26 PM »

I am packed and ready to go. I do need to run out and purchase a new key and lock for my luggage. I ruined the old key trying to break down a door at Toyland and now it won't work. Oy, don't ask!

I thought it was sopranos who couldn't find the key and didn't know when to come in.

And tenors.

Does that mean Larry's a tenor?   ;D

My singing beats description. I took a hammer to the key and now it works fine. I blame Jose. And Arnold, our cleaning man at Toyland.

Has anyone seen this Logo "reality" show, THE A LIST? What a bunch of whiney shallow people. Compare to these moronic queens  Sarah Palin seems deep and intellectual.

Elmore-

I swear I never cleaned at Toyland !

And the check's in the mail, Arnold!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »

That was on heck of a hockey game!

der Brucer

An offense that can score 4 touchdowns should be able to win games, but they need a defense that can keep the other team from scoring so much.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »

DR Ginny, is there a Middletown Symphony concert tonight? If so, do you know the program?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

DR Elmore - it's the Middletown Symphony's conductor auction pops concert tonight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2010, 01:30:37 PM »

OMG!!! The Film Society of Lincoln Center is "The Apple" tonight at 11:00pm?!?!?

Hmmmm...

That is all.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »

DR Elmore - it's the Middletown Symphony's conductor auction pops concert tonight.

Thank you!

Jennifer

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Elmore. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe how much that oaf gets on my nerves. Happy we won't have to hear about him anymore. But why is he so active at night? Shouldn't he be sleeping?

Since I doubt he's working as a realtor between midnight and 5 am, I think he's selling pharmaceuticals in the clubs.

Don't forget: my gain is Canada's loss!

Wow I didn't know you could get a greencard for doing that. ;)

Maybe he can move next door to me. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »

There is a big craft fair today in the same building as the library. Yeah!

There's a big craft fair here today too.

It was sort of hard to look around with my niece there.

Thank goodness she wanted to go see the cupcakes right away (they have a huge cupcake sale with very beautifully decorated cupcakes). There were less than 50 left when we got there (they had sold 2000). And they were about to run out (hours before the end of the fair).  They have tons more for tomorrow. So i'm not sure why they didn't send someone get more and then make more tonight (it's for charity). I felt so bad for all the kids who got their to find no more cupcaktes.

It never occured to me that they would sell out and to go right away.

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

Hmmm, I'm sure Black Friday does exist, but I'm sure we'll be fine.  It's only twenty minutes per person.

Well, I guess you're not rehearsing near a shopping mall.

That is the biggest shopping day in the US. I wish i could partake!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Elmore.

And I hope you enjoy "Bells." I just don't get Ben Brantley's excitement over Kelli's voice.

Dame Ben Brantley has his likes and dislikes, as do we all, but I do agree with him about Kelli O'Hara.
I don't dislike her voice, but it doesn't thrill me to write valentines that way. Rebecca Luther's is more exciting to me.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »

Hmmm...

After this morning's exchange between DR vixmom and DR the vixter, I wonder if they would consider auditioning for "The Amazing Race".

Well the Vixter is not old enough. But what a great idea!  Or how about DRs Laura and Sandra!

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »

And for some reason there were hundreds of cars parked on the grass (at the fair). Granted it was cold out. And it is far to the back parking lot. But where would people get the idea to park on the grass?

John G.

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »

Well, after all these many days. I am finally up and about, the computer is back from the shop after a complete system re-install, the myriad of software re-installation and web-site re-registerimg complete - and, last but noit least, the wildlife attended to:

Rcoky with his stare in the window "Where The Hell Have You Been" look:

der Brucer
Welcome back. Great photos.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2010, 01:53:30 PM »

DR der Brucer - Thanks for asking!  I will graduate from Cardiac Rehab Phase 2 on Monday and now have a routine established - just have to keep up my motivation.  I'm not obsessing about the diet, but still have lost almost 20 pounds. 
Congrats on the weight loss.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am addicted to ebates.  I have amassed almost $50 in cash back over only about a week, and I really haven't spent very much to do that.  In fact I got DW Wife Betsy two wonderful presents at Piperlime, a gorgeous top and a really nice cardigan, and with their sale and the cashback, I spent around $20.  TOTAL.

Hi Jeff

I am willing to be likewise addicted - please IM me an evite so you get  credit for signing me up
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »

Hmmm...

After this morning's exchange between DR vixmom and DR the vixter, I wonder if they would consider auditioning for "The Amazing Race".

Well the Vixter is not old enough. But what a great idea!  Or how about DRs Laura and Sandra!

I have never seen Amazing Race - do we have to eat bugs?  I am not going on any show where I have to eat bugs

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »

or sushi

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »

How old do youhave to be?

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »

It is so noce to see Der Brucer back!!

Strength Vibes!!

(and send Woody back too!)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »

Good to hear about JEWS & BASEBALL....

Vibes for Craig and Craig's Cat

Thanks for the vibes, they worked along with water & canned cat food.  Seems our guess she needed fluids was correct.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »

Jane, Spats has a cold. He'll be ok in a few days. He has ten days of medicine to take before he can go back.

Vibes your son and the critters make it home safely!

Enjoy Spats while you have him. :)

Thanks.  Watching the weather report Craig might be stuck in Redding for a couple of nights.  At the moment travel north of there requires chains.  We will know more in a couple of hours.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

I'll have gotten under three hours of sleep.

Oh look Mom. You have sleep-deprived buddies. Will someone tell her to stop working herself to death? It's not working from me, and my Dad and Nana have been yelling at her for it. And then at me, because she's not there and too busy to be yelled at at night. I don't see her at night anymore!!! I need an intervention!!! DX

DR Vixmom, do you hear your daughter?  SLOW DOWN!!!!

Jane

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »

I'll have gotten under three hours of sleep.

Oh look Mom. You have sleep-deprived buddies. Will someone tell her to stop working herself to death? It's not working from me, and my Dad and Nana have been yelling at her for it. And then at me, because she's not there and too busy to be yelled at at night. I don't see her at night anymore!!! I need an intervention!!! DX

great now I have guilt issues

;D  Comes with the territory ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up