Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I KID YOU NOT  (Read 13252 times)

Cillaliz

Re:I KID YOU NOT
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2006, 08:04:26 PM »

Thanks Francios.  During one of the times I was letting him calm down, I got on the net and researched aggression and pain and I reached the same conclusion.  I'm hoping it's just his teeth. It's something known and hopefully having them pulled will take care of it. He's always been my gentle soul. To see him so angry and aggressive was really a shock. I'm hoping he won't remember the hours spent trying to get him in a carrier.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »

Nilla's favourite ice cream is VA!

Va Nilla ice cream!! :D   (I know! I know! That joke is a cat-astrophe! ;))

LOL. No it's purr-fect

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »

Nilla's favourite ice cream is VA!

Va Nilla ice cream!! :D   (I know! I know! That joke is a cat-astrophe! ;))

Good try Francois!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2006, 08:11:36 PM »

Thank you! You're all too good for my ego!

François de Paris

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »

Oh... new page!

Cat Dancing?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070363/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 08:14:22 PM by François »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »

Cilla, if we meet in Fargo, we could go on a buff hunt and see the artsy beasts?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »

Thank you! You're all too good for my ego!

Francois, you are a gent!

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »

Cilla, if we meet in Fargo, we could go on a buff hunt and see the artsy beasts?

We had prairie dogs here one year and "discovery dogs" the next. They  called them discovery dogs because they were afraid of what people would say about Seaman (the dog on the Lewis and Clark expedition) on the sidewalk

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement for my friends, DR DakotaCelt. Much appreciated.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2006, 08:20:55 PM »

We had prairie dogs here one year and "discovery dogs" the next. They  called them discovery dogs because they were afraid of what people would say about Seaman (the dog on the Lewis and Clark expedition) on the sidewalk

Interesting!! One of the artists on the previous page, Monte Yellow Bird did two horses called "Paint Horses" that were sold as a fund raiser for tribal colleges in the state.

BTw, are you being affected by teh flooding down in Iowa?

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2006, 08:21:45 PM »

Well, about THE NUN'S STORY, I never saw it in the theater, so TV showings and the laserdisc are all I have to use as a guideline, and it's always looked devoid of strong color in the copies I've seen. I've had nothing else on which to base any comparisons. With that in mind, the DVD is superior to anything I've seen up to this point. I wish it could be otherwise (a LI'L ABNER film reference), but that's all I have.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2006, 08:21:53 PM »

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement for my friends, DR DakotaCelt. Much appreciated.

You're welcome. I hope everything works out for them and things will settle peacefully.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »

Interesting!! One of the artists on the previous page, Monte Yellow Bird did two horses called "Paint Horses" that were sold as a fund raiser for tribal colleges in the state.

BTw, are you being affected by teh flooding down in Iowa?

No, how about you and the Red River?

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2006, 08:23:02 PM »

One more word about THE NUN'S STORY, have you watched the entire DVD, bk? I see the point you're making very clearly, but I think the last half of the DVD looks better than the earlier scenes for what it's worth.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

Cilla we are suppose to have temps in the 70s by the end of the upcoming week.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »

No, how about you and the Red River?

No real problems here in Fargo but north Grand Forks they are getting whacked big time. Matter of fact Oslo, MN is basically an island. A lot of overland flooding by my parents near Thompson and Reynolds, ND. They are small towns just southwest of Grand Forks.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2006, 08:25:52 PM »

We're looking at 79 by Thurs. We had 86 one day last week

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2006, 08:26:27 PM »

Gorgeous here today and even had the windows open for a bit. Needed some fresh air.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »

After leaving the convent with Audrey, I put in the laserdisc of SUMMER HOLIDAY. I hadn't watched this laserdisc in years, and it was nice to see it again. I'm looking forward to hearing the soundtrack CD which I got this week featuring many of the outtakes and deleted songs that didn't make it into the picture. I had that private issue LP of the SUMMER HOLIDAY soundtrack years ago, but as I hadn't seen the film at the time I bought that LP, the songs didn't make much of an impression on me.

The quality of the print used on the laserdisc is quite variable. Most of it is deep, rich Technicolor, but there are sequences that are very pale in color, and there's some print damage here, too.

I am not holding my breath for Warners to ever release this film on DVD, so the laser will have to be it, I suppose. I did enjoy "The Stanley Steamer Song" and "Independence Day" in the score very much.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »

We're looking at 79 by Thurs. We had 86 one day last week

Lucky girl!! I am ready for summer.

François de Paris

« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2006, 08:29:08 PM »

Hunting in the nude??? :o ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »

I finished the evening with last night's CONVICTION. Once again, I got involved in the FOUR cases that were ongoing during the show, but the personal life stuff really leaves me cold.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »

MattH, I have a question for you....

Have you ever heard of the musical Johnny, Come back to the Five and Dime?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2006, 08:33:05 PM »

Hunting in the nude??? :o ;)

LOL Francois!!

Francois, I have a small confession.... I hope you do not kill me

As a few of you know, I am a big fan of Matt Ashford. Well I have a few old clips of him when he was on Days back in the early 1990s. There is a scene between Jack (Matt's character) and a character named Frankie Brady and Jack was calling him Francoise... Francoise was a pet name Jack had for Frankie for FRankie also had desires on Jennifer.

More than once I nearly posted your name as Francoise... But I have always caught myself...

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »

MattH, I have a question for you....

Have you ever heard of the musical Johnny, Come back to the Five and Dime?

I've heard of the play and film COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN. Is this what you mean. Despite having Cher in the cast, it wasn't a musical.

I found it a very interesting film, rather fascinating how it was done. Of course, the big surprise concerning the Karen Black character was pretty obvious from about 20 minutes into her introduction.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »

Well, I'm going to head off to slumberland now.

Have a good rest of the evening, everyone!

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2006, 08:43:32 PM »

I've heard of the play and film COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN. Is this what you mean. Despite having Cher in the cast, it wasn't a musical.

I found it a very interesting film, rather fascinating how it was done. Of course, the big surprise concerning the Karen Black character was pretty obvious from about 20 minutes into her introduction.

That is what it is. From some reason I had Johnny stuck in my head. I did like Cher in Silkwood and Moonstruck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »

Penny find out the name of the restaurant.

Got it! TONINO'S, in Westwood!!
PennyO

François de Paris

« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »

LOL Francois!!

Francois, I have a small confession.... I hope you do not kill me

As a few of you know, I am a big fan of Matt Ashford. Well I have a few old clips of him when he was on Days back in the early 1990s. There is a scene between Jack (Matt's character) and a character named Frankie Brady and Jack was calling him Francoise... Francoise was a pet name Jack had for Frankie for FRankie also had desires on Jennifer.

More than once I nearly posted your name as Francoise... But I have always caught myself...

Don't tell me!

When Burgess Meredith gave me his autograph he wrote my name with an E at the end in spite of my spelling it to him!
Besides, in English, people tend to pronounce the S which makes it sound feminine...
Oy! :D

François de Paris

« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »

That is what it is. From some reason I had Johnny stuck in my head. I did like Cher in Silkwood and Moonstruck.

Johnny STUCK IN YOUR HEAD???? Call 911! Quick!

Errr.... Johnny who? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up