Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I KID YOU NOT  (Read 13191 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I KID YOU NOT
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2006, 01:19:20 PM »

Dakota, I can't seem to be able to post a photo.  This happens from time to time.  Echo was a perfect Berenese Mountain dog except she was on the small side, only 60 pounds.  If we get another one it will be much larger.

Norwegian Forest cats are also beautiful.  Five is way too young-sorry.  It was hard enough loosing Bogie (our Main Coon), to the complications from chronic renal failure, at fifteen.

Echo sounds like a beautiful animal...

Yes, five is way to you. Ace had one bad habit - He as a huge bedhog and when he settled for the night, that was it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »

Page 3 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2006, 01:20:43 PM »

Jane, has Keith, when doing gen research ever request records from NY state and NYC? Did he ever have any luck?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2006, 01:57:16 PM »

Good day Bk!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2006, 02:00:48 PM »

Back from the editing room.  I must say, even though all I saw was the camera two stuff being transfered (camera two was the center wide shot), the image quality looked amazing, and we all looked pretty good (it's the last time anyone will EVER see me at the weight I was, let me tell you that - I've already lost five pounds and that will continue over the next two to three months), Tammy looked more than pretty good, and I think it's going to cut together easily and beautifully.   So, that was good.  I'm going to get a bite to eat now, and then maybe watch Liza With A Z.   I'm not doing dinner this evening, so that's good.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2006, 02:05:05 PM »

Glad to hear the transfers are going well and it will edit well. Good luck with it.

Go bk go on the weight loss goal!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

Came across an interesting bit for my paper...

George Burdeau was the first native American director in the Directors Guild of America

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »

Had some interesting and fun telephone calls and managed to get lunch prepared and eaten, topped off by some delicious caramels.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »

I started to watch last night's CONVICTION but it started off with a love scene featuring Eric Balfour (whom NBC is obviously pushing as a sex symbol; I think he's a fine actor but not in the least sexy), so I saved it and will go back to it later.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »

LOL Dakota, do I know about bedhogs, try five at once.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2006, 02:23:44 PM »

Instead, I put in THE NUN'S STORY and watched about 40 minutes of it, up to the point where Sister Luke is assigned to the sanitarium in Brussels.

I guess as I get older, I get more nostalgic about parents and children (both of my parents are gone now), but I started weeping in the opening scenes as she's saying goodbye to her family. Got choked up later as Gabrielle said goodbye to Sister Luke and left the convent.

Maybe some of the problems some friends are having currently are making me more emotional lately, but this movie already is doing a number on me, and we haven't even gotten to the really dramatic, sad, and climactic sections yet!

I think the transfer is acceptable. It's certainly better than the laserdisc which is all I've had to judge it on for many years.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »

A friend called and wants me to come over tonight to watch a movie that I would bring. I'm guessing CAPOTE, GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, or BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN will be requested.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »

Jane, has Keith, when doing gen research ever request records from NY state and NYC? Did he ever have any luck?

Yes and yes.  The more positive you are about the documents, the more success you have.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2006, 02:27:41 PM »

Matt H I hope everything works out for your friends.  

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »

Thank you, DR Jane. A 16 year relationship ending is very tough on them and their friends. I appreciate the kind words very much.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »

Well, I'm heading off now to finish THE NUN'S STORY and await the choice of movies from the friends who want to watch something tonight.

I'll probably put in the laserdisc of SUMMER HOLIDAY if I still haven't heard after THE NUN'S STORY concludes.

WBBL.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2006, 03:13:58 PM »

Matt H, that is hard.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »

Bruce we were forced to change our email address.  Direcway is changing to Hughes so Keith figured it was time to try gmail (google).  People we know who have made the switch are very happy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »

Yes and yes.  The more positive you are about the documents, the more success you have.

I am hoping in the next week or so to request some death certificates from NYC on Mary McDevitt and Sarah Hyde. They are the clues to my challenging line. Mary McDevitt would be a neice to my 3xggrandfather, Edward Gallagher, father.

Listening to Sweeney Todd while I am working on my paper... For some reason the images of native Americans and the demon barber of Fleet Street do not mix.... Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »

LOL Dakota, do I know about bedhogs, try five at once.

Cats, dogs or both?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2006, 03:22:28 PM »

((MattH))

Vibes to Matt's friends for better times ahead....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »

I've had gmail since it began - it's great.  I'm trying to figure out how to get my AOL address book over there, and then it's bye bye AOL forever.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2006, 03:26:37 PM »

I have my prodigy mail through yahoo... I have not tried gmail yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »

I want to be very clear about the transfer of The Nun's Story, because all these things I read where people accept stuff like this because it's better than the laserdisc (not just MattH, but everyone else on the DVD boards) bothers me in a way.  They are very hard on other transfers and forgiving with Warners transfers.  a) the transfer itself is top-notch - sharp, detailed, and the sound is excellent.  b) the color is off - completey off - brown, pasty, ugly and nothing like what Franz Planer's subtle beautiful photography should look like.  As I keep saying, I've owned IB Tech prints of this film and they do not look like this DVD.  If you want to know how far off, the proof is simple - in the same box set is The Shoes of the Fisherman - a competently shot film that in no way has the photographic artfulness of The Nun's Story.  Look at the blue skies in Shoes, then look at the colorless skies of Nun's.  Look at the fleshtones in Shoes, then look at the pasty fleshtones of Nun's.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »

I was rather upset with a transfer of a more recent movie. A good freind of mine was an extra in Miracle with Kurt Russell. The audio track does not match the video track. I was very disappointed. I thought at first it was my DVD player and I tried a different DVD and it worked fine. I checked the tracking and reset it and Miracle still played rather wonky.

I was very disappointed for it was a Disney associated picture and I expected more from them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 03:37:01 PM by DakotaCelt »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »

Back from a good rehearsal.  The new chart for Karen Ziemba is a vast improvement and we're all happy with it.  I've had a bit of dinner, and I have to head back for performance.  I will try to stop back for a postconcert-party rundown.  Ta!

DR JMK, welcome back!  I hope you're returning to us for a while.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »

Cats, dogs or both?

Both, and I'm talking multiple big dogs with multiple cats. ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »

Worst professional productions:
"Chess"
"Blood Brothers"

Most ill advised professional productions:
"The Woman In White" (Even "The Beautiful Game" was better).
"High Society:

Worst non-professional - Productions of "Camelot" and "Showboat"

Films: I'd agree with DR Ben about the "The Cook, The Thief etc"
          We watched "Crash" last night. That's right up there with other great wastes of time! Spike Lee meets McDonalds.  Was it written so that 12 year olds could "get it"? "Do the Right Thing" is way out there in front of "Crash".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2006, 04:32:16 PM »

Has any other DR suffered through "Franc D'Ambrosio's Broadway".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »

Both, and I'm talking multiple big dogs with multiple cats. ;D

Bet bedtime was fun...   :D Hopefully the cats and dogs got along well...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up