Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I.E.  (Read 15522 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:I.E.
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2005, 05:18:20 PM »

We use to fry Bologna and eat it straight from the pan or have it as a side dish with eggs.  Once in awhile we ate it in a sandwich-never fried though.

Danise my sister gave her St. Bernard a very large bone which the dog splintered and punctured his heart or some other serious organ with.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2005, 05:19:32 PM »

Jennifer shocking as it is, it is illegal for us to pump our own gas-something about it being dangerous.  ;D

It is funny to watch the expression on the Californian’s when they are firmly corrected not to touch the gas pump.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2005, 05:43:59 PM »

Just back for a second...

I just finished reading the wonderful - and painfully touching - article/interview with Barbara Cook in today's New York Times Magazine.

Most definitely worth the read.  And re-read - which I will most likely do later.  And definitely worth registering with NYTimes.com if you can't get a hold of the print edition.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2005, 06:00:22 PM »

I have been meaning to mention that the musical director that BK is working with on Kevin Spirit's act is the talented John Boswell. In addition to being a talented painist he is also a composer and I have three of his cds which are an enjoyable listening experience. I recommend them
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2005, 06:02:39 PM »

Michael Shayne, no.  Is there a chance the magazine has a website?

Your wish is my command

http://www.scriptmag.com/http://

The Great Idea™: Hercules
By Kate McCallum
The Herculean labor of writing the NBC television mini-series Hercules is de-mythologized in this candid interview with veteran screenwriter Charles Pogue.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 06:04:31 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2005, 06:06:33 PM »

New Jersey is the same way. You are NOT ALLOWED to pump your own gas there. I kinda like not having to get out of the car.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

Oh my gosh, I am watching the kookiest Bollywood movie ever! CHAR DERVESH (1964)...

takes place in ancient Arabian times and the hero (a very cute, and hairy chested Feroz Khan!) has so far fallen in love with a princess (of course), travelled to an underwater kingdom...fought a two headed giant...met a half human/half stone women...battled an evil sorcerer who is holding a pretty girl prisoner (in the underwater kingdom)...and befriend a gay 50ft tall genie! LOL! And I am only half way through the film...and it is all in glorious Eastmancolor!

JRand54, you would love this one!

Oh, I forgot the flying horse and the German Shepard dog who rescues people!

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2005, 06:20:04 PM »

Feroz Khan, the Bollywood Clint Eastwood (!), as he is referred to...

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

Rodzinski, I  told Elmore that you should show him your GREY SKIES movie!

Actually, any DRs who wish to see Rodzinski in a movie should get GREY SKIES! Fun movie!! And funny, too!

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2005, 06:24:39 PM »

This link will explain that Oscar Meyer Weiner Funeral picture! It seems that the Oscar Meyer Weiner mascot/actor passed away.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-obit-little-oscar,0,2732355.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2005, 06:29:07 PM »

Funny you mentioned Zero Focus (were you reading Video Watchdog, too?) - I'd just ordered it and The Demon.  I do find the reviewers in VW to be wrong as much as they are right, so who knows whether these will be good.  I also ordered A Tale of Two Sisters - supposedly the BEST horror film in years - horror in the style of The Haunting, that is - no blood or anything.  Of course, Dreamworks has already bought the US remake rights and will, I have no doubt, screw it up royally.  Isn't it funny that these Korean horror movies, which are all basically reworkings of US films in one way or another, are now considered to be the hottest things being made (starting with The Ring, and then The Grudge).  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2005, 06:30:18 PM »

I've been invited to go to the Improv with Miss Tammy Minoff to see her friend do standup.  I'm feeling a bit logey right now (the result of a heavy pasta lunch) but I might try to get up the energy to do it - even though I basically cannot stand standup nor the Improv.

Michael

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2005, 06:30:59 PM »

New Jersey is the same way. You are NOT ALLOWED to pump your own gas there. I kinda like not having to get out of the car.

Why aren't you allowed to pump your own?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2005, 06:33:36 PM »

Listening to the wonderful Laurie Beechman on my Ipod including two cds BK produced and two solo tracks from Broadway Christmas and Unsung Berlin.

What a beautiful voice she had.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2005, 06:40:31 PM »

Michael Shayne-thanks.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2005, 06:47:37 PM »

MBarnum thanks for the link.  

Jane

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2005, 06:48:43 PM »

THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY is by far my favorite F. Bros. film.  While visiting a friend in Michigan we saw it together while her husband went to a different show.  It was too raunchy for him. ;D I returned home and immediately saw it again with Keith knowing he would think it was hysterical.  Craig loved the movie but thought we wouldn’t approve of it.  Boy was he shocked. ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »

...and the German Shepard dog who rescues people!
That's just what we need, German Shepard dogs who are televangelists!

::)

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2005, 06:54:52 PM »

That statement can be taken a variety of ways! :o ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2005, 06:56:34 PM »

Growing up, two of my favorite sandwiches were American cheese and mayo OR bologna and mustard.  Then, in my first year of college, my sister's then-husband (for some reason) made me lunch and made me a chesse and mayo AND bologna and mustard sandwich.  It was quite tasty and I highly recommend it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2005, 06:58:15 PM »

Oh my gosh, I am watching the kookiest Bollywood movie ever! CHAR DERVESH (1964)...

takes place in ancient Arabian times and the hero (a very cute, and hairy chested Feroz Khan!) has so far fallen in love with a princess (of course), travelled to an underwater kingdom...fought a two headed giant...met a half human/half stone women...battled an evil sorcerer who is holding a pretty girl prisoner (in the underwater kingdom)...and befriend a gay 50ft tall genie! LOL! And I am only half way through the film...and it is all in glorious Eastmancolor!

JRand54, you would love this one!

Oh, I forgot the flying horse and the German Shepard dog who rescues people!

Forgive my ignorance of Bollywood, but they also sing and dance in this film?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2005, 06:59:35 PM »

Gee, I am sure I did when I lived in New Jersey!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2005, 07:00:36 PM »

That statement can be taken a variety of ways! :o ;)

Never mind!  There is a TCB in every crowd!

“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2005, 07:00:46 PM »

It's considered obscene, or something like that.

No, more seriously, the stated reason was that it is too dangerous for people to pump their own gas, that it should be done by a trained professional.  Basically, it boils down to a gimmick where the gas pumpers can guarantee their employment.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2005, 07:10:40 PM »

I guess I'm going to go to the Improv.  Hopefully, the time will pass quickly - keep the home fries burning until my returning.

FUSSBUDGET!

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2005, 07:16:17 PM »

Forgive my ignorance of Bollywood, but they also sing and dance in this film?

And how!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 07:16:46 PM by MBarnum »

George

« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2005, 07:19:28 PM »

Dammit!  I was typing a very long post (maybe this was a good thing) about my day today and my housemate's cat got up on my keyboard and stepped on the F5 key, which is "refresh" and I lost it.  Grrrrrr. >:(

Jane

« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2005, 07:21:33 PM »

I’m getting my car detailed tomorrow which explains why we are suddenly getting so much rain.

‘night.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2005, 07:22:29 PM »

Dammit!  I was typing a very long post (maybe this was a good thing) about my day today and my housemate's cat got up on my keyboard and stepped on the F5 key, which is "refresh" and I lost it.  Grrrrrr. >:(

;D Something Bogie would do.

George

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2005, 07:30:37 PM »

Okay, I'm going to post this before I lose it again!:

I'm back (duh!) from the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train.  Actually, we had lunch.  And it was quite good!  My sister's boyfriend Larry and I both had the Monte Cristo sandwich (I'd actually never had one before...it won't be the last time ;D), my sister Diane had the eggs Benedict and my niece (Hilary, the birthday girl) had the crab cakes.

I have to admit (and gladly) that the food on the train was much better this time than the last time I went.  My sister and I took our parents on the train for their 37th or 38 anniversary (their 41st will be this year) and I had a stuffed chicken breast with some kind of apple stuffing. :P I didn't think it was very good.  But today's meal was.

Hilary ordered her very first legal drink (in the US, she's been to Canada and ordered legally there).  She and I both had the Banana-Loco drink (Our special recipe, banana liqueur, cream de cacao, and amaretto topped with whipped cream) and my sister had an apple martini.  She discovered them in Vegas last year and loves them.  I don't drink but thought that the Banana-Loco sounded good...and I wasn't driving...or paying!  It was okay and since I don't really like the feel of alcohol (and there wasn't enough banana flavor), I won't need to order it again...anywhere.  I'll taste drinks if anyone else orders something that sounds halfway decent, but it just doesn't do anything for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up