Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MULTITUDES OF SALVOS  (Read 11918 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: MULTITUDES OF SALVOS
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »

DR JRand61, I had meant to thank you for the news about Ovation and the various versions of NUTCRACKER. Some of them look quite frightening.

Tonight is the Bolshoi from 2009, perhaps it won't be as scary as Monday night's "rethinking" and "improving".....or last night's when Clara was taken captive by Russian Revolutionaries and everything was very dark and green.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2011, 04:34:37 PM »

Yes DR GINNY it is 59 degrees here - but a little rain and a cool down are predicted for this afternoon.

Two little kids from the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre Christmas show just sang on the Fox Morning News.....they sang 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - and they were terrible.....yelling more than singing....whew!

Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »

I just received the following email:

"Did you know that there is a Susan Gordon fan club Channel on YouTube?  It's all very beautiful!"

Where it is I don't know.  Maybe someone can find it before I get a chance to search for it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

"Did you know that there is a Susan Gordon fan club Channel on YouTube?  It's all very beautiful!"

Where it is I don't know.  Maybe someone can find it before I get a chance to search for it.

Here, maybe?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlX2iA-WPc
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »

Yes DR GINNY it is 59 degrees here - but a little rain and a cool down are predicted for this afternoon.

Two little kids from the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre Christmas show just sang on the Fox Morning News.....they sang 'Baby It's Cold Outside' - and they were terrible.....yelling more than singing....whew!

Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre?

Boy, there was one of those near Louisville when I was growing up. What memories!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »

Came home to discover that the house had been burglarized during the day. Somebody kicked in the front door. The bird is OK and the house is so messy that I don't think anything was stolen. The bed had been moved, but the burglar didn't seem to want dirty dishes, books or CDs everywhere.

:o :o :o :o :o

Are you ok?

I am OK. Will write more in a minute.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »

Thank you DR's John G, JMK, Doug R, George, &  Jrand.  My session went well today.

Glad to hear that, DR Jane!

KevinH

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »

Came home to discover that the house had been burglarized during the day. Somebody kicked in the front door. The bird is OK and the house is so messy that I don't think anything was stolen. The bed had been moved, but the burglar didn't seem to want dirty dishes, books or CDs everywhere.

Sorry to hear this, DR JohnG.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »

Day 2 has been mostly uneventful.  My morning was misspent helping my aunt with her relatively "new" laptop.  She simply does not retain memory of the simple steps of "doing" anything.  I went over and showed her how to access her e-mail.  When I got her to the page where she could see she had 22 messages, she was confused over the fact that all these people had sent her one-line messages that didn't make sense to her (she was reading the subject lines).  I told her she had to open them and she didn't comprehend.  I showed her.  Once she grasped that, I sat and watched her open and delete several more.  I showed her how to access her Facebook, too, and I offered to scan a portrait of her for her avatar.

I spent two hours helping her...time during which she dutifully "wrote down" the steps to do everything we discussed.  Half an hour later, I called to tell her I had e-mailed her photo to her.  She asked how she could access it.  I told her to open her e-mail.  She didn't remember how.  I told her to refer to the notes she took.  She'd already misplaced them

SIGH!

She's two years younger than my mom, bless her heart.  My mom is 82 and sharp as a tack.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

KevinH

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »

Morning all.

That is all.

I return from a week and a half of volunteer work and I make my 11,000th post at the same time.

It was quite a week and a half. We did 3,100 bags this year. Everything went well but I am beginning to feel the intense work (of course at this time last year I was in the hospital with appendicitis). I'm feeling my 58 years. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this (not that I'm quitting, it's just a statement).

Our tree is up and decorated. All our shopping is done and from now until January 3rd I (we) have nothing to do except see friends and relax. We still have a few days on our unlimited Metro Cards so we will probably traipse around the city a bit, seeing the Macy's Windows and the Lord and Taylor Windows and we may see what exhibit is at the Lincoln Center Library, etc.

That's it for now. I need coffee and breakfast.

Bye.

Congrats, Ben!  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

:o That's horrible!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2011, 05:08:44 PM »

All this talk about drinking has made me wonder:  what is it about Bobby that reminds Harry of the Seagram Building?

??
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »

YIKES, DR John G! 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »

I am heading out for my last physical therapy appointment of the year.  I could use from excellent mega vibes I never ever have to have PT again.

PT vibes for DR Jane!
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »

Edited all night ...screened all day. Now..Follies
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »

Here, maybe?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlX2iA-WPc

Maybe???  Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »

Thank you DR's John G, JMK, Doug R, George, &  Jrand.  My session went well today.

Glad to hear that, DR Jane!

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o

Are you ok?

I am OK. Will write more in a minute.

Good & I hope you feel the same tomorrow when the shock of it has worn off.

George

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »

All this talk about drinking has made me wonder:  what is it about Bobby that reminds Harry of the Seagram Building?

??

Tom, it's a reference to a line from the musical Company.  It's in one of the songs, so it's on recordings of the show.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »

I am heading out for my last physical therapy appointment of the year.  I could use from excellent mega vibes I never ever have to have PT again.

PT vibes for DR Jane!

Thank you.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »

This has been kind of a nostalgic Christmas for me, what with getting these old TV Guides and this poster.  Who knew the 60s and 70s could hold so many memories?  :)

I wouldn't know, I wasn't born then.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work early.  I have to get below our maximum number of hours of vacation or I lose them...I'm still 6 1/2 hours over.  I'll easily be able to take more time off. :D

Until later!

John G.

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »

The police couldn't take any fingerprints, so it's not likely that anybody will be caught. The frame needs to be replaced, which is likely to happen in the morning.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »

Oh John, I am so sorry.  That were probably looking for the manuscript of your new book.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »

This is the only one I know about.  I found it on Google yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlX2iA-WPc

http://www.susangordon.info/

“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2011, 05:42:21 PM »

Oh John, I am so sorry.  That were probably looking for the manuscript of your new book.

Either that or guns and money. Thankfully, I had my laptop with me.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »

??

Tom, it's a reference to a line from the musical Company.  It's in one of the songs, so it's on recordings of the show.

I have done the show, but I sure don't remember that line.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »

Well, let's get busy.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!