News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I.E.  (Read 15488 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I.E.
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2005, 01:26:47 PM »

Lovely day here.  One service station in town is a NON-self serve and all the others are help yourself.  I think you pay about 3 cents extra per gallon for the service.  This morning gasoline was 2.13 per gallon which I think is the same as I reported Friday.  I THINK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:04 PM »

A Stopette Page Four Dance.  8)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 01:29:43 PM by JRand54 »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »

When I played Dr. Carasco/The Duke in MAN OF LA MANCHA, I remember there being several containers of smudge in the dressing room provided by the theater for us. I always have my own make-up, of course, but I did use this to get properly grubby for the role.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2005, 01:49:52 PM »

Well, I got to the end of PAINT YOUR WAGON today (lovely print with just some minor speckles throughout and excellent sound), and then I put in THE SOUND OF MUSIC which I haven't looked at in ages. Wanted to see how that beautiful outdoor photography showed up on the new TV. Pretty breathtaking, I'd say.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »

I did get the yard mowed, so that dismal chore is done for another few days. Also got laundry done. Sunday is always full of households chores around my place.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2005, 01:58:36 PM »

No, I did not buy anything at the Studio City Farmer's Market.  I don't know that I've ever bought anything there, except maybe some licorice and a hot dog.

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »

Thank you to bk and DR's Jose, elmore, and TCB for the info about Andy Taylor and his lovely wife, Alet.  It will be so much fun seeing people I "know" from HHW on stage in The Producers two weeks from today.

DR elmore, yes I do still have your What If? DVD.  I'd like to watch it one more time, but will get it back to you in plenty of time for your convalesence next month.  I would love to see it performed in person sometime.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2005, 02:12:06 PM »

Yesterday, in our British TOD, I mentioned the Benjamin Britten version of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, which I would love to see performed in rep with SWEENEY TODD.  A BBC broadcast from 1948 with the original cast conducted by Benjamin Britten has been discovered on acetate and if being issued on CD April 26, 2005, by Pearl Records.  I've seen several different editions of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA performed, but I think the Britten version is the most successful musically and dramatically in linking the many snippets of song to the spoken text.  It's a great work, and some of you might be interested in hearing it.

DR elmore, when you mentioned the Britten Beggar's Opera yesterday I wondered if it had been recorded.  Fond memories of helping you with that show here in Middletown (how many lifetimes ago?) and I remember how much you wanted a recording.  I'd like to hear the new one.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2005, 02:17:58 PM »

I did get the yard mowed, so that dismal chore is done for another few days. Also got laundry done. Sunday is always full of households chores around my place.

Heigh ho, the glamorous life, huh?  Our Sunday, which is beautiful, has been occupied with laundry and grocery shopping.  Later we're going to a nearby church to hear author Ann Hagedorn talk about her book Beyond the River:  The Untold Stories of the Heroes of the Underground Railroad.  We'll definitely be home by 9pm, though, to see the first installment of the new Miss Marple series.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »

Hi, DR JRand - how's the weather?

Kerry

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »

I need about 4 more hours of sleep to catch up for yesterday and about 12 more hours of sleep to catch up from the rest of the week.   Pretty exciting, huh?

I did not get a chance to post yesterday.  Had I posted, I would have wished Lon McCallister a very happy birthday.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2005, 02:45:26 PM »

This is closing weekend for a local production of MAN OF LA MANCHA, starring a very dear friend of mine.  So, last night, sore neck and all, I went to see the show.  I did get my friend Betzy to do the driving so I could take some muscle relaxers before going to the theatre.  The show was entertaining, as always, and my friend, Micheal's performance as Cervantes was brilliant.  I saw him do the role seven years ago, and I thought I wold never see a performance that topped it; but last night he was even better than I had remembered.  

The rest of the cast was the ususal assortment of community theater actors ranging from very good to dismal.  MY biggest complaint was that they were the cleanest, most well-manicured group of prisoners ever assembled in one prison.  No effort was made to make their clothing appear shabby or dirty, nor was there one speck of dirty on any on them.
It's about the Inquisition.  Cleanliness is next to Godliness, right?

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2005, 02:53:08 PM »

DR GINNY the weather is beautiful....our best day yet this year.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2005, 02:53:29 PM »

Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2005, 03:00:21 PM »

Almost 30 years ago, DR elmore cast me as the mother of all FUSSBUDGETs, Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.  My family said it was typecasting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2005, 03:23:25 PM »

FUSSBUDGET!

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  You'd think it was a Sunday afternoon or something.

Michael

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2005, 03:44:51 PM »

Listening to Harold Sings Arlen (with Friend) Very typical 60's style arrangements by Peter Matz
Never stop dreaming.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2005, 03:45:24 PM »

I've been stuck in Tarnation writing a History paper. You would not believe how boring this is. I'm just taking a break now from my coma.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2005, 03:50:45 PM »

Re: the gas stations, are you saying that they have to serve you?

Like I said, pretty much EVERY station here has both, but most people serve themselves.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2005, 03:59:07 PM »

Took my usual two-two and half hour Sunday walk and poked my head into several open houses with all the million-plus dollar homes in Los Feliz...the last seemed to be Danny Bonaduce's home...if not, one wonders why all the photos of him and family on the bedroom dresser.

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2005, 04:12:44 PM »

MBarnum, do you have any idea what accounts for your interesting choices in movies, music, and television?

Ha, ha! No! Just special, I guess!

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »

Also, MBarnum, do you have any relatives in the Tacoma area?  Yesterday there was a PT Cruiser in the grocery store parking lot with the personalized plate, BARNUM.

No relatives that I am aware of.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2005, 04:17:07 PM »

DR. MBarnum, someday, you will wish for an old lady in the living room, watching John Wayne movies and that couch won't seem as uncomfortable as you remembered.  

LOL! Actually I already do appreciate it. I enjoy having my mom stay with me. Usually she stays at my sisters house when she visits, as there is more room. But I have fun visiting with my mom and watching movies this time was a real treat...but out of my hundreds of DVDs she only wanted to watch the old John Wayne films....and you know...he was quite a hunk back when he was in his 20s!!

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »

Hey BK, have you ever seen the Japanese movie from the 50s called ZERO FOCUS? I was looking at it on Amazon.com and it sounded interesting.

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2005, 04:27:31 PM »

DR Kerry, my mom very much enjoyed that YVONNE DECARLO cd! She was quite impressed when we were listening to it yesterday...especially since she does not care for Yvonne DeCarlo as an actress.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »

No relatives that I am aware of.

Hmmm, well then perhaps, it was that sucker that keeps getting born.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »

Well, it does seem a bit dull around here. So, with apologies to Charles, here is my favorite photo of the WSMA:
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2005, 05:04:32 PM »

Anyone else read DR Pogue's magazine interview regarding the upcoming Herules mini series?
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

Good Evening!

Once again, Greetings from Steve's new place.  We got almost everything out of his old apartment today.  All that's left are his boxes of Christmas ornaments and other decorations.  In other words, stuff that can wait.  We got a few more boxes unpacked, but the big project for the afternoon was putting together a few more shelving units, and moving other ones around.  Slowly, but surely.

Now we're about to head out to dinner.  I think.

-Hey, how about a Lively Chat tomorrow night?  Just wondrin'..

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2005, 05:16:23 PM »

Michael Shayne, no.  Is there a chance the magazine has a website?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up