Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHORT AND SWEET  (Read 15370 times)

Jennifer

Re: SHORT AND SWEET
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2010, 07:22:57 PM »

If I have read the info correctly there will not be any ice skating until Valentine's Day.

I think I'll program ice skating into my DVR instead of Olympics.  Has anyone else done that?

From the schedule it looks like the pairs short program will be sunday at 4:30pm pacific time.  The pairs free skate on monday and the men's short on tuesday.

Can you program skating into your DVR? I know i can't do that. But mostly because a) the show will be scheduled simply as olympics and not as skating and b) NBC will probably go back and forth between a number of events in that timeslot.

If you guys have alternate channels showing just one event at a time then maybe it would work.

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »

Vibes for DR Jane. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes for DR TCB. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »

Wow, SURVIVOR was crazy tonight!

Especially the preview for next week. I really want to know what happens but don't want to know any other spoilers.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »

Thanks Jenifer.  I just returned cuz I think I forgot..
From Matt H:
Are you interested in all four disciplines or just the men's and women's singles?

I don't have a list (yet), but I'm sure I can find one.

Singles are my first choice.  I also like the pairs skating & some of the dance.
Thanks Cilla, Ginny & Jennifer for the links.

FJL

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »

Another tax-heavy day, but we finally made some decisions about a confusing return - so based on those decisions, i was able to finish preparing it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

I got the bonus features all watched on STARGATE UNIVERSE. The second disc had the same set-up as disc one: 17 very short featurettes about various aspects of the show's production and interviews with some principal actors. And some especially staged scenes by the cast in character as a spy orb circles around the ship eavesdropping.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

I skimmed through today's ATWT first. Nothing of interest at all and nothing in the previews for tomorrow. It's good CBS is putting this show out of its misery in September.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »

Cute Officer Fish was present on today's OLTL (but not enough for my satisfaction). Still, I watched all of his scenes.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »

Next I watched this week's WHITE COLLAR. I enjoyed the show very much,

and even though I guessed immediately that the weeping woman was the culprit in that early scene, I still found the episode most entertaining.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

Last night's UGLY BETTY was next. I thought the designer Betty discovered had NO talent at all, and the burned, ratty look was even worse. Yikes!

I did enjoy seeing Claire's son again. I guess he'll be with the show for the rest of its run. I hope so, anyway. Might even make a good boy friend for Amanda. Or Betty. (Those are not spoilers. I know nothing.)

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »

Then I watched tonight's BONES rerun, the episode in which Angela first hooks up with the intern. I remembered all of the clues and identity of the murderer, but I still enjoyed seeing things fall into place.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »

I finished out the evening with tonight's GREY'S ANATOMY. I enjoyed this week's show much more than last weeks mainly because the patient stories this week were gripping and poignant.

Alex and Lexie jumping on each other and Miranda being paired up with that obvious love interest were VERY predictable and par for the course for GREY'S. Still, I hung around because I did enjoy the patient stories.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2010, 08:01:35 PM »

TOmorrow I get to have my three easy review days with repeats on Blu-ray of the last three Criterion releases I've watched on regular DVD. I'll start with LOLA MONTES on Blu-ray tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »

Last night's UGLY BETTY was next. I thought the designer Betty discovered had NO talent at all, and the burned, ratty look was even worse. Yikes!

I did enjoy seeing Claire's son again. I guess he'll be with the show for the rest of its run. I hope so, anyway. Might even make a good boy friend for Amanda. Or Betty. (Those are not spoilers. I know nothing.)

I don't remember seeing Claire's son before.  When was he on?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »

She went to see him in South Dakota to identify herself as his mother, but she couldn't go through with the revelation even though she did see him and left him a big tip where he was working. I think that was late last season.

George

« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »

She went to see him in South Dakota to identify herself as his mother, but she couldn't go through with the revelation even though she did see him and left him a big tip where he was working. I think that was late last season.

Ahh...too long ago for me to specifically remember him.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

Well, I need to head down now and get some sleep.

Good night!

George

« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

Well, now it's time for me to go home.  I've decided to not watch "The Deep End," so I'm not worried about not being there now.  I'll certainly be home before "Grey's Anatomy" starts.

Until later!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2010, 08:22:31 PM »

Slept in late this morning. Felt good to do that for a change. Woke up to near-freezing rain and blech outside. May go back and pull the covers over my head again.

I can't remember the first dressy occasion or the most lavish, there have been a few that I have had to cover as a journalist, so renting a tux for an opera gala, etc. happened once or twice. For my prom, I was the only one with white tie and tails, while the rest were in powdered blue and burnt orange tuxedos. I do recall that being strange. I also recall covering the opening of the Armand Hammer exhibit at the University of Kentucky a few years later. Hammer and his wife were there, as was Phyllis George, then the first lady of Kentucky. I thought that was something spectacular, but more because of Hammer's beautiful art than the people. If you have a room full of Corots and Fragonards and even a Rembrandt or two, who cares about the people?

That said, give me jeans any day.

John G., I thought you wrote near-freezing rain and bleach outside.

That would have been a more white-washed day than it actually was. And it never warmed up and it never stopped raining for very long. Tomorrow: More of the same.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »

Good Evening!

Fried dough rules!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »

Oh...

And so does hot chocolate!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

Before I headed out to lunch, I had time to watch last night's MODERN FAMILY, another hilarious episode. The real strength of the show is that all three families have the potential to be hilarious. You aren't ever stuck on one hoping for the switch to another of the families. One third is equally as strong and funny as the other two-thirds.

We are in total agreement :D  Extremely funny episode.

Another "agreement"!  -And the kids - young actors - on the show are amazing (too)!
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »

I would like to see any photos of you men in tuxes, please.

Yes, Ma'am:

der Brucer

1960 Annapolis Ring Dance
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »

Speaking of eyes.....

Around 1:30 AM I woke up with a terrible pain in my right eye.  You know how much it hurts when you accidentally get poked in the eye, well that is nothing compared to what I felt.  It was so painful I had to fight not to cry, until I thought go ahead tears will be good, and cry I did with deep sobs.  Just so you know, I never cried throughout the shoulder ordeal, yell out yes ;D.  This really hurt!!!  Of course I upset Keith & Sherlock. 

After half an hour in the bathroom alternating drops & a hot washcloth on my eye, I finally sent Keith back to bed & shortly followed him once my vision returned enough to calm me.  Keith had been able to pry the eye open & couldn't see anything.  At first it was very red and then it was fine, not even any swelling.

My eye still hurts, though very tolerably & the right side of my nose keeps running.  It was very stuffed last night.  Keith thinks maybe the pain is from my sinus.  It is the most logical exclamation I can think of.  At first I thought I had poked my eye while sleeping, until I remembered I can't move my right arm to do that.  It would be difficult to do that with my left arm.

DR Jane - Sounds like severe sinus pain to me.  If it recurs tonight, call you doctor first thing in the morning. (If you haven't already done so by the time you read this post). ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »

Ahh...too long ago for me to specifically remember him.

Wasn't he just on at the end of the first half of this season? ??? ???

Anyhoo... My friend who works as Becky Newton's stand-by on the show says that he's even dreamier in person.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »

The previously mentioned hot chocolate:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2010, 10:35:01 PM »

*That was City Bakery's "Tropical Hot Chocolate" - pineapple, orange and lemon.

Hot Chocolate Festival
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »

And the previously mentioned fried dough:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »

*And that was from a restaurant out in Flushing, Queens, called "Northeast Taste Cuisine" - or something like that.  They just got a nice mention in the New York Times in an article covering food from the Dongbei region of China.

The fried dough - which is like a pâte choux dough - is stir-fried(?) in a wok with a generous sprinkling of granulated sugar.  The sugar eventually melts and caramelizes.  The dish is then brought to your table along with a bowl of ice cold water. You take a piece of the caramel-coated dough, dip it into the cold water, and... The sugar coating becomes crackly and crispy, while the dough remains hot and doughnut-like.  DEE-LISH!!!  There's also a version of this done with battered and coated pieces of apple, sweet potato and/or taro root.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up