Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI  (Read 30207 times)

MBarnum

Re:FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2003, 03:51:36 PM »

I love my milk plain, but when I was a kid I had to have Nestle's quick in it. I think it was because we had to drink, for awhile, that horrid powdered milk. OH, my gosh but that stuff was terrible. I really don't think it had any relation to actual milk.

PS: I also did not like the Nestle's strawberry flavor. Uhg! :-X

Jed

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2003, 03:56:11 PM »

I didn't pour in more milk.  I liked that last bit of "sludge" at the bottom for a super concentrated jolt of choco-liciousness.  

Absolutely!  Same here, George!

Side note... I've noticed we no longer get quotes within our quotes.  Ah well...

Day after Thanksgiving shopping... Never have, hopefully never will!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2003, 04:00:38 PM »

DR JED= Men In Tights!

MBARNUM haven't finished the DVD yet, but haven't seen Fay or Joanna....I will let you know.  

MR BK strange that you never ran into Benjamin - kind of like Guy keeps giving you the slip now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2003, 04:06:54 PM »

Milk - I love milk.  Always have, always will.  Used to be strictly a 1% girl, but I've trained myself to like skim if there are no other options.  Chocolate milk is wonderful, of course.  Always been fond of the Chocolate Malt Ovaltine flavor.  We rarely had Hershey's or Nesquik around the house when I was a kid, so those I really can't say.  

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for a recital poster?  I need one asap...

Jason

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2003, 04:13:59 PM »

I love Nesquick Strawberry Milk. There, I've said it. I love it, love it, love it. It's the only kind of milk I really enjoy.

I love pasta. There, I've said it. I love it, love it, love it. Pretty much any kind, but I do especially love fettucine alfredo with grilled chicken and spaghetti with meatballs. Yum!

And thank you, everyone, for the congrats on the job. I found out that the bus ride will be 10 hours long, and I have to leave Port Authority at 3:45 am Sunday in order to be there in time. Bleh.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 09:25:57 PM by Jason »

Jed

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2003, 04:15:21 PM »

Recital posters... they used to be a specialty of mine, as you know, Ann.  But I don't think "Sondheim and Gomorrah: Songs about sex, jealousy, revenge, and cannibalism" really applies to yours. :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 04:24:42 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2003, 04:16:24 PM »

The very reason I hated the powder or the syrup was that it always left that ugly :sludge" at the bottom of the glass.

Speaking of childhood treats and sludge, does anyone remember junket?  I loved that stuff!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2003, 04:17:51 PM »

Hellooooo, fellow Dear Readers. Several of you IMed me to ask why I was paranoid. It is not important, so don't worry your heads off. I love you for asking though :). (If that doesn't make sense to any of you, I'm sorry, but it's a rather boring story. Just smile and nod.)

Pasta, pasta...I do not cook, you see, so I really haven't GOT a favorite recipe. I DO love MBarnums (Easy Mac is a Godsend!).

Ben and Matt H. and anyone else who responded: I hate drinking milk. Unless it's ICE cold, I feel like I'm drinking something contaminated. But I, for one, love strawberry milk. Its yummy :). However, Ron, I loath Ovaltine. The epitome of EW! for me.

BTW, Congrats on your God-like status, Matt!

BK, I love how the woman in the tub is in full makeup with her hair done. Since we all know bathing is such a glamorous affair and all.

Jennifer: When I was little, I thought Boxing Day was a day when all of the people in England brought out leftover toys and some presents to all of the homeless people who lived in boxes. It was such a touching holiday :).

I think that the recipe for Wacky Noodles sounds very good, although I can't say I'm excited about the sour cream. Unless it is completely masked by another taste, I can't eat it. Yuck!

I think that the best recipe for pasta is this: Get in your car. Drive to Virginia. Figure out how to get to Ashburn. Walk into the Ashburn Cafe. Order pasta. Sarah will bring it to you, and voila, a perfect meal. Why don't you try that sometime?

Good vibeage to Jose and his Richmond. I'm not sure if I know exactly what you're talking about, but if it IS what I THINK it is, I'm shooting vibes to you with my vibe-laser.

Also a very belated CONGRATULATIONS JASON!!! I can't believe I kept forgetting to say it yesterday, I even wrote it down in my "things to comment on" list that I make while reading the notes. That is tres, tres exciting for you!

Good vibeage as well to DR Jay on your job outcome!

Tonight, my little sister is trying out for a All-VA and MD indoor travel soccer team. She's VERY nervous and told me so, which is weird, as she's usually pretty fearless. So, as much as we loath little sisters, let's send her some good vibes. It's a pretty big deal. She's been watching Bend it Like Beckham for 2 weeks straight, memorizing the moves.

Today in History, we had to do a DBQ. DBQ's are like fast paced, timed essays where you're given 20 sources, and you have to write a 6 paragraph essay on a given topic in under 20 minutes, citing at least 11 of the 20 sources. But, of course, my teacher decided that it would be best to start 10 minutes before the bell rang. And it counts. Big time. I got to paragraph 4 and citation 7 when the bell rang. If she makes that a big grade, I'm going to throw myself a hissy fit; she is eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

Best recipe ever: Take chili, Fritos, and grated American cheese. Get a bowl, do the bottom layer Fritos, middle layer chili, and top layer cheese. Use Frito's as "spoons". If chili is spicy, it tastes much better.

Off to do Algebra Homework *sigh*.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2003, 04:18:58 PM »

DR Ann what is the theme of your recital?

Jennifer

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2003, 04:19:28 PM »

Matt H. looks to be the next Hainsie to attain God-like status. He's only a few posts away. Keep the drum roll on cue...

But I wanted to be the next Hainsie to reach 500 :(

I need to post more!

Jason

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2003, 04:20:55 PM »

Ann: For my senior recital, I did a poster a la Playbill, like you would see on a show poster or title page of a showbill, listing all the composers, lyricists, myself, my voice teacher, my accompanists (yes, I had two), my guest vocalists, etc.

In graduate school, I made up all kinds of interesting posters just to get people's attention. I was kind of mean...I put up one poster that had HUGE letters spelling out AUDITIONS FOR LES MISERABLES! In the fine print I put, "well...not here, but somewhere! But since there's no audition, why not come to my recital...blah blah blah..." People looked at it! They were all disappointed that there was no audition, but they all agreed that they were the most clever recital posters they'd ever seen. :-D

Jennifer

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2003, 04:21:15 PM »

MBarnum wrote:
Jennifer, I don't know if they sell the peanut butter M&Ms in Canada or not  

They are better then Reeses Pieces, I think!! Yum, yum!
Really, better? Okay now I need some of these!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 04:24:32 PM by Jennifer »

Jason

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2003, 04:23:08 PM »

By the way, something died in my apartment and I can't find where the remains are. I'm glad it's dead, but it smells, and I can only imagine that it will get worse. :-\

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2003, 04:27:02 PM »

MBARNUM - neither of those episodes were on my Navarre DVd 8-(

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2003, 04:27:45 PM »

LOL Jason, what a wonderful idea!

Jennifer

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2003, 04:38:51 PM »

Wacky noodles sound weird to me too.

Green milk sounds interesting. Although I am not a big fan of milk, except in cereal.

Jennifer

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2003, 04:45:40 PM »

DR Emily has not commented on whether we have MBarnum's new kind of M&Ms here. I guess she doesn't care enough to respond :)

Emily

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2003, 04:45:42 PM »

Jennifer: When I was little, I thought Boxing Day was a day when all of the people in England brought out leftover toys and some presents to all of the homeless people who lived in boxes. It was such a touching holiday :).

Actually Swishy, Boxing Day is when we all throw on our yuletide gloves and hit one another senseless à la Mike Tyson.  It's a very good way to rid oneself of Holiday stress. :)

Last year I tried to do the big Boxing Day Sales downtown where everything is supposed to be at least 50% and you have to start lining up outside of stores at dawn to fend off the crowds but I couldn't really find anything I wanted.  I DID want to buy a new computer game since they can be so expensive the rest of the year, but when I got into FutureShop I discovered that they weren't on sale at all!  I was shocked and appalled and, appropriately enough, felt like boxing with the store's employees.

Can you all tell I am procrastinating?  I reaalllly don't want to start paper writing session #2 for the day on the Mad Mahdi.  

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2003, 04:45:48 PM »

Dear BK and Dear Readers JRand and Sarah, the Swishiest of them all:  Thank you for the good vibes and other musical instruments.  (Oh, a Babs reference.)

Dear Reader Emily:  Sorry.  If they haven't been fried, they're not latkes.  And they're oughta be a law against those new-fangled latke flavors.  (Same thing with blueberry bagels.  Please.  Blueberries make sense in muffins, not bagels.)  Call me a purist (All Hainsies and Kimlets, in unison:  "You're a purist, Jay"), but I like my latkes traditional, with sour cream or apple sauce.

Dear Reader George:  Thanks for sharing.  You, too, Dear Reader Jason.

One more thing, Dear Reader Jason:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Congratulations![/move]

Dear Reader Charles Pogue:  I remember Junket and I loved it, too!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 04:47:29 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2003, 04:46:26 PM »

I am peanut-phobic Jenn, so I wouldn't know :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2003, 04:48:05 PM »

Jay you a purist! ;)

I like baked latkes although I know they are sacreligious to some.  The newfangled carrot ones are mainly disgusting though...

Jennifer

« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2003, 04:48:08 PM »

DR Emily the malls are the place to be on Dec 26th. You don't have to wait outside. And there are sales in EVERY store.

Emily

« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2003, 04:48:26 PM »

somebody ask me something else so I can procrastinate more! :D

Emily

« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2003, 04:50:20 PM »

DR Emily the malls are the place to be on Dec 26th. You don't have to wait outside. And there are sales in EVERY store.

this year I'll do Fairview with my West Island friends :)

Jennifer

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2003, 04:50:22 PM »

I am peanut-phobic Jenn, so I wouldn't know :)

Ah right. But you don't have to eat them. Just see if they are there! ;)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2003, 04:51:26 PM »

It occurs to me, Dear Reader Emily, that if instead of frying the latke mixture in oil, you bake it in a casserole, what you have, essentially, is a kugel.

Kugels, good.

Baked latkes, bad.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Emily

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2003, 04:52:56 PM »

It occurs to me, Dear Reader Emily, that if instead of frying the latke mixture in oil, you bake it in a casserole, what you have, essentially, is a kugel.

Kugels, good.

Baked latkes, bad.

Jay is not only a purist... he is a linguist too! ;)

[procrastinate procrastinate procrastinate spin procrastinate procrastinate procrastinate spirit fingers]

Jennifer

« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2003, 04:54:27 PM »

DR Emily wrote:
Quote from: Jennifer on Today at 04:48:08pm

this year I'll do Fairview with my West Island friends

I live so very close to that mall. Although I like Place Vertu for Boxing Day.

Btw, i'm seeing if I can do the double quotes manually.

Jennifer

« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2003, 04:57:46 PM »

Btw, I don't eat latkes very often for Chanukah. And I also have NEVER put applesauce or sour cream (are those the two things you mentioned?)

I'm off now. Am I at 500 yet?

BTW THIS IS FOR DR MARK: I REALLY HOPE THAT FEMALES HITTING 500 POSTS WILL BE GODDESSES.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2003, 04:58:04 PM »

My used-to-have favourite(u for all of u)

A quart of very very cold milk and a pound of assorted cookies(yes I said a lb.)

sadly---no more
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up