Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S  (Read 12924 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »

Page Six!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »

I just read JAN & DEAN: TO DEAD MAN'S CURVE AND BEYOND which was most interesting.

Is that written by a writer from Rolling Stone?  I remember reading "Won't Come Back From Dead Man's Curve" in Rolling Stone.  A very powerful and tragic story.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »

DR JMK is still around - he seems to be taking a break from HHW for awhile for no precise reason.

His last post was sixteen days ago. Who offended him?

Probably you!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

Everyone needs to take a break now and then.  I'm currently not tweeting on Twitter.  Not that anyone there would notice...

Yes, and I am taking a break from posting my nude photos in PLAYGIRL.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »

DR JMK is still around - he seems to be taking a break from HHW for awhile for no precise reason.

His last post was sixteen days ago. Who offended him?

Probably you!

as I said earlier, why couldn't I be a wealthy bitch instead of a cute poor one?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »

Everyone needs to take a break now and then.  I'm currently not tweeting on Twitter.  Not that anyone there would notice...

There must be a long line to see those!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »

The hits just keep coming around here - our 2.5 year old HDTV went wiggy.

I'll probably get a jury summons tomorrow...

That's crap!  I don't know how long mine will last.  It's almost two years old, but it was also a display model, so there's no telling.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

Dr Jennifer, it sounds like your shoulder hurts in the same way mine does, or at least similar.  My chiro told me that it's ok to use my arm until it feels better but not to do too much raising it over my head with any twisting motion or to put a purse or bag strap on that side.   It still hurts when I raist it, but it's better.   Aleve helps too. I haven't taken any today just to see how I was really doing.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

The hits just keep coming around here - our 2.5 year old HDTV went wiggy.

That's crap!  I don't know how long mine will last.  It's almost two years old, but it was also a display model, so there's no telling.

HDTV vibes for you both!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »

OMG Callie and Ricky seem to be nearly cuddling up, at least they are right next to each other on the couch.  Callie is looking at me like "Look, this isn't really happening.  I was here first and he just laid down next to me"

Laura

« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »

Joshie and Rex still don't get along. After all these years.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

OMG Callie and Ricky seem to be nearly cuddling up, at least they are right next to each other on the couch.  Callie is looking at me like "Look, this isn't really happening.  I was here first and he just laid down next to me"

:)

Jane

« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »

Joshie and Rex still don't get along. After all these years.

I've been there and it isn't fun.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »

LOL, maybe Callie laid down by Ricky....he woke up and jumped and then moved off the couch.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »

Rehearsals went very well.  It was so much fun to see Jonelle Allen again after all these years, and she reminded me that she'd been one of the Dinah And Her New Best Friends regulars, but bailed after show one (she was SMART) - I'd completely forgotten.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »

My shoes are water repellent so my feet are dry and my coat is also water repellent so the top of me is dry but my pants are wet from the knees down. My umbrella broke on the way to the doctor and I wasn't going to buy another overpriced street umbrella for $5.

Overpriced because they are junking umbrellas that fall apart quickly? 

Last time I was in NYC, I got caught in a downpour and grabbed a cheap umbrella off those racks that appear out of nowhere in front of every store the minute the first drop of rain falls. I used it for several years.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

Okay, I have a conundrum - a week from Saturday LACC is doing a benefit staged reading of Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman, with kind of a Latino bent - starring Tony Plana (from Ugly Betty), Elizabeth Pena, Esai Morales.  The director just called me and asked if I could come in and do a role - they were originally trying to have all Latinos but have had no luck finding anyone for this particular role - it's the neighbor Charlie - does anyone know this play well enough to know if it's something I should think about?  He's bringing a copy over for me this afternoon - it wouldn't involve more than a couple of evening rehearsals and it's just two performances next weekend, which I could definitely do - I just am always very hinky about acting stuff these days.

Only if you are allowed to play the same role when it is transferred to Broadway!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

Okay, I have a conundrum - a week from Saturday LACC is doing a benefit staged reading of Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman, with kind of a Latino bent - starring Tony Plana (from Ugly Betty), Elizabeth Pena, Esai Morales.  The director just called me and asked if I could come in and do a role - they were originally trying to have all Latinos but have had no luck finding anyone for this particular role - it's the neighbor Charlie - does anyone know this play well enough to know if it's something I should think about?  He's bringing a copy over for me this afternoon - it wouldn't involve more than a couple of evening rehearsals and it's just two performances next weekend, which I could definitely do - I just am always very hinky about acting stuff these days.

It is a reading & doesn't take up too much of your time-why not do it?  I'm a fan of Elizabeth Pena & expect only nice stories about her ;)

So you want Bruce to lie to you if she turns out to be a total witch?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »

Topic of the Day: 

In my CD player right now:  the first-time-ever-on-CD original London cast recording of Gone With the Wind by Harold Rome and the movie soundtracks to "Fear Strikes Out" and "The Tin Star," with scores by Elmer Bernstein.  They just arrived!

How cool?  Where did you get those?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:15 PM »

Topic of the Day: 

In my CD player right now:  the first-time-ever-on-CD original London cast recording of Gone With the Wind by Harold Rome and the movie soundtracks to "Fear Strikes Out" and "The Tin Star," with scores by Elmer Bernstein.  They just arrived!

How cool?  Where did you get those?

www.kritzerland.com! ;D

(as if BK needs the plug on his very own website ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2011, 06:53:25 PM »

It is a reading & doesn't take up too much of your time-why not do it?  I'm a fan of Elizabeth Pena & expect only nice stories about her ;)

So you want Bruce to lie to you if she turns out to be a total witch?

You've got it!!! ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »

My shoes are water repellent so my feet are dry and my coat is also water repellent so the top of me is dry but my pants are wet from the knees down. My umbrella broke on the way to the doctor and I wasn't going to buy another overpriced street umbrella for $5.

Overpriced because they are junking umbrellas that fall apart quickly? 

Last time I was in NYC, I got caught in a downpour and grabbed a cheap umbrella off those racks that appear out of nowhere in front of every store the minute the first drop of rain falls. I used it for several years.

I've had $5 umbrellas that I bought years ago. They end up all over the apartment, offices, wherever,because i kep losing them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »

There must be a long line to see those!

Actually there was thirty plus years ago.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »

I've had the same umbrella for several years.  I got a set of two at Costco...one regular sized and one golf umbrella.  The regular sized umbrella did break, but the golf umbrella is still going strong. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »

Time for me to leave, too. 

Addendum to today's Topic of the Day is what I have on my DVR to watch tonight:  the lastest episodes of "Glee" and "Fringe" and tonight's "Who Do You Think You Are?" (Kim Cattrall) and "What Would You Do?": Hidden cameras capture reactions to gay military personnel showing affection in public, a woman criticizing another for an interracial adoption, and an older woman falling for an Internet scam.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »

I just heard a pounding at my door.  I went to the window and there was a police officer looking in.   He asked if I'd seen any kids.  well, no, I've just been sitting here watching tv and not paying much attention to what's going on outside.  Anyway, turns out some kids set off a dry ice bomb (don't even know what that is) around the corner and the tracks ended in the street in front of my house where it looked like they got in a car and took off.  Sheesh, a dry ice bomb, people fleeing on foot then taking off in a car, then the police driving up and I didn't hear any of it. 

Laura

« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »

You must have good thick windows to keep out all that sound!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

Just looked it up on the internet.  Not surprised I didn't hear that from a block away.  The officer thinks it was a prank, but he was looking for them anyway

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »

No not good windows, but I do have good insulated shades
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up