Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES AND GOMORRAH  (Read 40212 times)

MBarnum

Re:NOTES AND GOMORRAH
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »

.....I got that one too....is that proper English or am I just embarrassing myself?

MBarnum

« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »

Page 11 Helen and her beach balls dance from the movie GUMNAAM

Tomovoz

« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2007, 09:49:39 PM »

You're safe Michael.  Elmore's not on line.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56:27 PM »

MBarnum, that's the one.  Can't wait to give it a listen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »

You know, if we don't slack off tomorrow and really send February out with a bang, we have the chance to have broken every possible record since this board began.  We've already broken every record but one, despite the fact that this stupid month is two to three days shorter than any other month.  But, the one record we have never been able to best is "hits" - our all time high of "hits" in one month is 126,000 and change.  Last month, which was formerly our best month ever, we actually only got to 113,000 and change.  But, this month, we're really within spitting distance of making a new "hit" record and I say, pull it together, hainsies/kimlets and let's go for a gold record!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2007, 10:00:57 PM »

I say, let's start right now and not WUSSBURGER.  Let's give tomorrow a head start today!  Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead, mateys.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »

Oh, too late - there's only three of us to keep things going, because the others have - wait for it - WUSSBURGERED!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2007, 10:01:55 PM »

Was Miss Karen successful at leaving a review ANYWHERE?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2007, 10:02:25 PM »

And then there were two.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »

Guess we won't be getting that head start after all - well, there's always tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2007, 10:03:11 PM »

And with two whole hours to go.  What has suddenly happened to our of late late night denizens?

Tomovoz

« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:17 PM »

I'm still waiting to read life changing moments in music listening!  Perhaps most DRs are too young to have been able to look back!  Maybe too old to remember.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2007, 10:09:47 PM »

Today's topic was a good one so don't give up on us yet, Great Global Moderator.

The Monkees in 6th grade (they were all the rage that year)
The soundtrack for "Romeo and Juliet" in junior high school ( that "What Is A Youth" so romantic to an impressionable youngster back then -- still pretty romantic) and Paul Revere and the Raiders
High School -- I loved The Guess Who, The Trogs, Elton John's Madman Across the Water and his first albumn with Your Song, Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline, Cat Stevens, and of course  Van "the Man"  Morrison (Gloria and Brown-Eyed Girl) and his Tupelo Honey albumn and all his albumns hence...oh, and I remember Jesus Christ Superstar came out then and made a big splash, especially among the "Jesus Freaks" (I think that's what the term was for the Jesus/hippy combo folks)
College: Lynard Skynard, the Doobie Brothers, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and Willie, Wayland and the rest of the Outlaws (I was in Texas, so those guys were hot) and Van Morrison

To this day Van Morrison is my fav -- so the Tupelo Honey albumn would be the life changer I suppose because my two most favorite songs are on it -- Tupelo Honey (sexy/romantic slow dance to that one) and Wild Night (I just have to get up and dance around the room to that one whenever I hear it)

Tomovoz

« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »

Last night's DVD watching here was "Swimming with Sharks". Not even Mr Spacey could save it. (I suspect he had fun making it though)
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2007, 10:15:25 PM »

Was Miss Karen successful at leaving a review ANYWHERE?

Not at amazon, and I did try again and when I click on the post button it keeps taking me to this page that says I'm not a customer so I know I'm not doing something right -- I know, I'm hopeless -- BUT the good news is Cason will be here Thursday, so if I don't get it figured out on my own, he will help me get it posted -- so I promise between right this second and this weekend, my review will be posted at some point at amazon.  And I will try that baby place tonight to see if I have better luck there...

Tomovoz

« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »

My useby date arrived.  I just needed to log on again despite the fact that I was listed as logged in.
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »

ohhh, I forgot that my sister had Blood, Sweat and Tears -- they were real popular in high school -- and of course Chicago stuff was played at all the dances (remember Color My World?) oh, and I liked Creedence Clearwater Rival, too.  Except that gets off the topic since I already said Tupelo Honey was "the" one...sorry, I'll stop.. no I won't I'll just start listing some favorite musical stuff to pad the posts...

Tomovoz

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »

Another "life changing" moment.  The arrival of Mariah Carey signaled that my interest in current pop music was well and truly over!  I just do not "get" the warbles!
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »

George Harrison's solo stuff

Miss Karen

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »

Queen

Miss Karen

« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »

Some of the Stones' songs: Time Is On My Side, Under My Thumb, Wild Horses, Sympathy for the Devil and Honky Tonk Woman

Miss Karen

« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:17 PM »

U2's  With or Without You and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Tomovoz

« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »

I thought David Clayton Thomas's voice was wonderful. He does a great version of Hernado's Hideaway on one of his solo albums. I always preferred Blood Sweat & tears to Chicago.  The B S T  version of "And When I Die" is IMHO one of the truly great pop performances of that era.

The first B S & T album included a version of Randy Newman's "Just One Smile".  I knew the song from an ealier Gene Pitney version. I don't think I really "discovered" Randy Newman's work until he teamed up with Paul Simon much later.  
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »

Red hot Chili Pepper's Scar Tissue

Miss Karen

« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

Jackson Brown's Love Needs A Heart, Stay, and Running On Empty

Tomovoz

« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:36 PM »

We're trying BK!
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:18 PM »

I thought David Clayton Thomas's voice was wonderful. He does a great version of Hernado's Hideaway on one of his solo albums. I always preferred Blood Sweat & tears to Chicago.  The B S T  version of "And When I Die" is IMHO one of the truly great pop performances of that era.

The first B S & T album included a version of Randy Newman's "Just One Smile".  I knew the song from an ealier Gene Pitney version. I don't think I really "discovered" Randy Newman's work until he teamed up with Paul Simon much later.  

ohh, yeah, you are correct sir, "And When I Die" was to die for -- I got to see/hear them in concert

Tomovoz

« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:50 PM »

Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" certainly had an impact when I was in London  the Christmas it was released. I had really only known "Killer Queen" before that.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:57 PM »

Australian Rock star Billy Thorpe died today. He was reasonable well-known in the USA. Billy had the honour of having the #1 hit in Australia when the Beatles toured here in 1964.
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »

Speaking of Randy Newman, I love his Short People song -- their tiny little feet ....
their tiny little cars going beep beep beep -- always makes me laugh
and I like his I Love LA song
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up