Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18769 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »

Oh, I forgot:

Jane, you said you had problems going through security. Did it have something to do with your shoulder?

I gotta tell you this extra security thing has been "interesting" especially since the latest bomb scare.  This was my first trip traveling with the injection that must be hand checked & not put through the x-ray equipment.  Leaving Medford they were very nice as well as very thorough.  It was rather laughable being lined up for the body and luggage check with all the old people, none of who even slightly resembled the "stereo type" terrorist.   

In Portland the security guard yelled at me and absolutely refused to let me enter carrying my medicine bag.  He yelled at me if I didn't put it with the rest of my stuff to roll through the machine I could not get on the plane.  He told me my doctor was an idiot and the machine was just like sunlight, or something to that effect, and could not be harmed.  He wouldn't even look at the letter I was carrying.  I admit, I was very intimidated and did not demand to speak to a supervisor & put my very expensive medication through the machine. 

That's terrible.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »

Page Six Rave in the Nave Dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2010, 03:00:08 PM »

The best thing that happened during the 3 days (even better than selling all the books):

A gentleman, probably in his fifties, came to my table yesterday.  He had been going around to the various actors and buying their autographs.  He had a bag full of them.

Including my memoir, I had five (5) different books for sale and he not only bought a copy of each one, but he bought two extra copies of my THE ART OF STORYTELLING, one for each of his kids.

But, that's not the best part.

As he walked away from my table, he said: "Finally, I've bought something here worthwhile."

Made my day!

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2010, 03:01:06 PM »

Great story, Druxy.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »

And here's BK tinkling on the piano:

Okay, this is the single worst photograph of me that I've ever seen - this kind of lighting I don't need, not a my age.

Did they PhotoShop out the noose?
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »

BK, I have worse photos of myself that I would never let see the light of day. Sometimes I even remember when they were taken.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »

I'm back home and tired.  Flight was very fast and we got in twenty minutes early.  Since my ride was still five minutes away I decided to go into the lost and found since at the Burbank Airport it's eight steps from where you come out after de-planing.  A nice policeman opened the safe - there was a laptop in there and a few plastic baggies - two or three of the baggies had sunglasses but not mine - but the last baggie he showed me were MINE!!!  So, the story of the hugely expensive lost sunglasses had a happy ending and now the trip was absolutely perfection with not a negative in sight.

How do they know they really are yours? Do they ask detailed info before you look?

Or do you just arrive and say "i lost a laptop i'll take that one" :)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »

Congratulations to Druxy on  great day at ComicCon -- I bet those Starfighter comics would have been a big hit there!

Ungrateful cretin -- proabably just the one ingrate projecting his feelings on the rest of the cast
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick?   Hmmm, Victor?

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)

Oh please DR TCB. I don't date the men in my group, it'd be too wierd. :D I'm really close with them though, to the point of Victor and I go around saying we're identical twins, regardless of gender and the fact that we're different races. :D And Nick and I have known each other since we were in kindergarden, and have heard that we were a couple since we met in kindergarden acoording to everyone else in school. We are so used to it that we laugh about it, but we don't feel that way about each other honestly. The only other guys in my group are Mike (Wierdo), Marcus (Asexual at last count), Marc (NEVER), and Brian (Who is too much of a teddy bear to date. I simply cuddle him, as is customery with Brian.) Oh and Charles and Danny. But both are in college.

cuddling?  I was not aware of any cuddling!

And we wonder why I barely comment on here. Speaking of which, I must now leave you all to do a project for Psych, or else my Mother may go to "wig factor seven" and no one wants to see THAT. Farewell, DR's. I'll do my best to get on at least once a week, but If I don't, do forgive me. Bye!

go do your Pysch paper!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »

BK glad you found your sunglasses. So are we to assume that DR Jane told you to go to the lost and found?

Jennifer

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »

I agree, DR Jane that is horrible. It's a tough call. Do you ask for a supervisor and risk making them mad.

Even if your doctor was wrong. I think it was incredibly rude for them to yell at you. As far as you knew the meds needed to be hand checked.

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

The woman who had to give me my body check was very nice and called the supervisor over.  They were both not happy about the man who yelled at me and asked who it was.  The supervisor gave me some tips on dealing with a situation like this again and a complaint card to fill out.  She also took my name & info.  I expect this will also go on the "gentleman's" record.   I know these people have a lot to deal with at that stage of the security check and can be a bit gruff.  I have never dealt with anyone that yelled at me like that or denied me my rights.

Now that is good service.

Glad you spoke up, even if it was only after.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I hope you have fun shopping tonight. -And don't forget to take any necessary measurements and/or pictures of your rooms and walls to take with you later.

Ah, the shopping trip has been put on hold. I started working on taking wallpaper off the wall and discovered a little damage that had been mostly repaired in the past but will require a little fixing from me, nothing I can't do, but a little extra work.  I did check under the carpet in a few places. The floor looks great.  But - I realized I have a ton of work to do before I'm ready for furniture and the first thing they are going to want is a delivery date.   It occurred to me that I would be silly to put that much pressure on myself when there will be other sales.  So, I'm going to wait. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »

Edith didn't want my spare bed after all.  Which is very lucky because my nephew is looking for a queen sized bed for their guest room.  I offered one free if they'd find a way to get it there and they said yes!.   I have a feeling Sundee's parents will be here next weekend to pick it up so they can sleep on it when they go there for Thanksgiving, but maybe not.   Getting the bed out of that room will make it much easier to get the work done

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

DR Jose - I did take the measurements.  Unfortunately I discovered that I wouldn't be able to get the sleeper sofa that was majorly on sale in the room. I was seriously considering it.   That's the other reason I'm waiting.  I'm sort of changing my mind about what I want in there, so I'll shop around and wait.  Of course.....I could run to the store tonight...I mean now I know I'll be getting rid of the bed and ......

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »

Thanks Vixter :D  I really am surprised I let him intimidate me like that.  It really was the entire situation was so shocking and he mentioned something about new equipment which made me doubt myself.  I won't let that happen again and in some ways it was a good learning experience.   At least I was on the way home where I knew I could get more medicine.

I searched the drug website & it does say the x-ray machine "might" be a problem so I think I'm safe to use it until I can talk to someone at the drug company tomorrow.

Ok, but if you turn green or something, we're going back and suing his butt.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »

Vixter you would have enjoyed last night.

? What, the Rave?

Bruce's talk about show biz :)

Jane

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »

DR Jane - >>>>>hugs<<<<<

Thanks. :)

Jane

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

I've never heard of Flicks.

I don't like them.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »

One interesting thing about today's trip to Lima:  we drove the rental car that our insurance is providing while Rob's car is in the hospital.  It's a Kia Sorrento - bigger than anything I've ever driven.  I drove about halfway home and then let Richard take over to drive through Dayton's construction zone.  It has satellite radio and we enjoyed the On Broadway station, which is kind of like having your iPod on shuffle without a menu.  I knew most of the selections, but some were unfamiliar and I'd have liked to have them identified.
I have a screen that identifies the songs along with the singer or band.  The problem is they usually don't show the entire names & I often have to guess the rest of the name.  If there is more than one name it will read Bing Crosby/J  Now who the heck is J and couldn't they have typed Bing along with the second name.  Or it will be B Crosby/  While the last name where there was only one Bing.  It drives me up a wall.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »

Jane I am so sorry that the security guy gave you sucha hard time - I am glad that the supervisor was sympathetic - I only wish he had gotten involved before your meds were x-rayed

I'll will know tonight if the injection pen works properly & the little sting feels normal.  Tomorrow when I call the company I will know if it was safe to have done the shot.  I think if it was a serious problem there would be more warnings about it.  I am definitely going to have the drug company send me an official letter about this.

I think I'm more annoyed at myself for being a wus but one does hear stories of what happens if you protest.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2010, 03:42:33 PM »

Glad the Portland trip went well.  Sorry DR Jane had to go through that garbage.   His yelling was probably such a surprise you just didn't react right away.  I know that happens to me sometimes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »

Ok, I'll admit it.  I'm going to watch Sarah Palin's Alaska tonight on TLC

Jane

« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick?   Hmmm, Victor?

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)

Oh please DR TCB. I don't date the men in my group, it'd be too wierd. :D I'm really close with them though, to the point of Victor and I go around saying we're identical twins, regardless of gender and the fact that we're different races. :D And Nick and I have known each other since we were in kindergarden, and have heard that we were a couple since we met in kindergarden acoording to everyone else in school. We are so used to it that we laugh about it, but we don't feel that way about each other honestly. The only other guys in my group are Mike (Wierdo), Marcus (Asexual at last count), Marc (NEVER), and Brian (Who is too much of a teddy bear to date. I simply cuddle him, as is customery with Brian.) Oh and Charles and Danny. But both are in college.

cuddling?  I was not aware of any cuddling!

And we wonder why I barely comment on here. Speaking of which, I must now leave you all to do a project for Psych, or else my Mother may go to "wig factor seven" and no one wants to see THAT. Farewell, DR's. I'll do my best to get on at least once a week, but If I don't, do forgive me. Bye!
Funny. :)
I hope those teasers haven't chased you away.;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »

Time to medicate tha cat and decide if I'm going to run down to the sale.   I may not buy....but I could get the refreshments and the free limited edition Christmas ornament.  It would be a good gift for someone.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »

BK glad you found your sunglasses. So are we to assume that DR Jane told you to go to the lost and found?

I did.  Of course I don't know if he remembers ;)

Jane

« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

I agree, DR Jane that is horrible. It's a tough call. Do you ask for a supervisor and risk making them mad.

Even if your doctor was wrong. I think it was incredibly rude for them to yell at you. As far as you knew the meds needed to be hand checked.

And how could he be so right.  He didn't even know what the meds were or look at the letter.  In truth the letter from the doctor doesn't say it shouldn't go through the machine, not that it should matter.  It is my understanding anyone can request a hand inspection for any item.  The supervisor read the letter and suggested I get that fact included.  I think a letter from the drug company will be better though the guy didn't care when I told him the drug company & not the doctor said not to put it through the x-ray. 

I'm not upset about it anymore but I assure you I will be filing a complaint.  I'm sorry I didn't get the guys names or the supervisor who was so nice.

Jane

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »

The woman who had to give me my body check was very nice and called the supervisor over.  They were both not happy about the man who yelled at me and asked who it was.  The supervisor gave me some tips on dealing with a situation like this again and a complaint card to fill out.  She also took my name & info.  I expect this will also go on the "gentleman's" record.   I know these people have a lot to deal with at that stage of the security check and can be a bit gruff.  I have never dealt with anyone that yelled at me like that or denied me my rights.

Now that is good service.

Glad you spoke up, even if it was only after.

I gotta tell you, so far, every one who has had to give me a body pat down as been very polite & apologetic about it.  I think they are a bit embarrassed to have to do it.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »

Glad the Portland trip went well.  Sorry DR Jane had to go through that garbage.   His yelling was probably such a surprise you just didn't react right away.  I know that happens to me sometimes.

LOL I think that is it.  And Bruce just went on his merry way to the gate. :) We were at the same gate which was very convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up