Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THINK SYSTEM  (Read 13131 times)

Ben

Re: THE THINK SYSTEM
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07:50 AM »

I gotta scoot also. Time to leave for my meeting at Ford. Oh, if only they would give a sweet, non-threatening "special interest" couple a grant to allow them to live the rest of their lives tax free so one could pursue his interest in theatre and the the other could travel to see the first one and then they could travel together when the first one is not pursing his interest in theatre ;)

But that is not what this meeting is about so that ain't gonna happen!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »

Tonight we will watch the last episode from season 1 of Cheyenne.  We are very sorry there aren't anymore seasons on DVD :( 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »

I found this article on the possible swine flu epidemic & why WHO has not called it a pandemic, yet.

td

• td
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2009, 10:37:23 AM »

Oh, I like the new headshots from both TCB and TD.

Aw, shucks. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »

Tonight we will watch the last episode from season 1 of Cheyenne.  We are very sorry there aren't anymore seasons on DVD :( 

Did you watch LITTLE DORRIT?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »

Here's the larger version:
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

BK, I still mulling over the TOD.  I've been very lucky to have seen a lot of magnificent theatre and to have to pick just one single show is well-night impossible.

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

Perhaps it needn't be the best show but the one that sparked something within you for the first time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

Here's the larger version:

Goodness...looking at your "plate wall", I'm thinking you'd better hope you don't have a sizable earthquake!    :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:24:29 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2009, 10:54:41 AM »

I saw in the Best Buy flyer that there is a LITTLE DORRIT on sale this week--I wonder if it's the Masterpiece Theatre version you've been watching, DR Elmore?  If it is, I'll order it from Amazon based on your raves.

I have no idea why I didn't start watching this myself...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »

I've been trying to think of a play that would fit the TOD and I keep coming back to FIFTH OF JULY.  I enjoyed that one in every aspect.  It's also one of those plays that I've always hoped to act in, but now I'm too old to play any of the characters except Sally (so I guess my dream is not completely out of reach.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2009, 11:02:12 AM »

Back from the long jog and must now have a long telephonic conversation with the author of the long musical to give the rest of my notes.  And then I'll be telling him that I cannot look at changes or give more notes until after the Nudie Musical reading.  I'll continue to work with the composer/lyricist for an hour or two every few weeks as they finish new material.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »

Interesting flu article - lots of words in there like "potential" and "could be" and like that - still only twenty cases here and every single one of them involving people who'd visited Mexico.  I'd be all for shutting down all travel to and from that country.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »

I gotta scoot also. Time to leave for my meeting at Ford. Oh, if only they would give a sweet, non-threatening "special interest" couple a grant to allow them to live the rest of their lives tax free so one could pursue his interest in theatre and the the other could travel to see the first one and then they could travel together when the first one is not pursing his interest in theatre ;)

But that is not what this meeting is about so that ain't gonna happen!

You know and I know that you're kidding, DR Ben, but that's not too far from the kinds of questions I got frequently as a CC supervisor!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »

I saw in the Best Buy flyer that there is a LITTLE DORRIT on sale this week--I wonder if it's the Masterpiece Theatre version you've been watching, DR Elmore?  If it is, I'll order it from Amazon based on your raves.

I have no idea why I didn't start watching this myself...

Yes, it is the Masterpiece Theatre production. It goes on sale tomorrow. I have to order it this week. After I order HOUSE OF FLOWERS.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:41 AM »

I've been trying to think of a play that would fit the TOD and I keep coming back to FIFTH OF JULY.  I enjoyed that one in every aspect.  It's also one of those plays that I've always hoped to act in, but now I'm too old to play any of the characters except Sally (so I guess my dream is not completely out of reach.)

You as my friend Helen Stenborg? It boggles my mind!

The idiocy on AS THE WORLD TURNS today is really hitting major highs as the repitition ONE MORE TIME! continues.

When Lucinda asked Holden why he wasn't relying on the police (on this show?) I thought I had gone to nirvana on the idiocy scale!

How these perverted demented twins gallop through the hospital with no security and offices with no police guards boggles my mind. In New York, after 9/11, you need a security pass to go anywhere in an office/hospital.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:38:57 AM by elmore3003 »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »

***FIRST REHEARSAL VIBES***
for DR George!!!!!!

Thanks DAW and JRand for the vibes! 

However, it turns out that there is no rehearsal tonight. ::) It all starts tomorrow.  But, your vibes should still be good for then. :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:44:24 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »

I love TCB's new headshot and TD's new pictures!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »

Addition to the Topic of the Day:  "Robeson" with Avery Brooks.  I saw this on a whim the one time I went to NYC in 1995.  I was just walking around mid-town Manhattan and someone was standing in front of the theater with a ticket to sell, so I bought it for $40 cash (it was in the fourth row, center and that was the actual price, too).  I didn't know what to expect, except that I liked Avery Brooks from "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine."  IT WAS FANTASTIC!  It was just Avery and his piano player telling and singing the life story of Paul Robeson.  That was truely one of the best theatrical experiences of my life! ;D

Laura

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »

Good morning. I was naughty today; I left the house early and went birding for the first time in months. Then I ate food I shouldn't eat. It's been fun so far, but now I must get to work.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »

Wow, nice new avatars!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2009, 11:56:15 AM »

Had the telephonic conversation which was, in fact, fairly short, so that's good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2009, 11:56:45 AM »

Now I have forty whole minutes all to myself, and then I shall head over to rehearsal, after which I shall pick up tapes.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »

I woke up to the sad news that one of my favorite Bollywood stars is no more. Feroz Khan, who started out in 1960s B movies and went on to become a major star in the 1970s died of cancer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greeting from Hamilton Heights!

I'm HOME!!!!!!

:) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »

And after a brief "Did they lose my other bag scare?" at the airport... There were two planes that came in one right after the other.  Some bags were put on the other planes "truck" which didn't arrive at the baggage claim terminal until a few minutes later after most of my flight's luggage had been put onto the carousel.  They also seemed to randomly put some bags over in the "special handling" section where golf clubs, strollers, and ski equipment usually are. Even the Delta associate who was keeping watch over that section was wondering why so many "regular" bags were coming his way.  But I digress...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »

So, I head to the taxi stand at LGA, and get into cab.  Less(!) than 20 minutes later I'm back in front of my apartment unloading my bags from the taxi.  No traffic on the bridge, and my cab driver knew that there was some construction down on 125th Street today, so he cut up a few streets to avoid all of that mess. Needless to say, he got a great tip.

Then when I stepped into my apartment, I noticed that the four boxes I shipped up from Charleston on Saturday morning, were "waiting" for me in the living room.

And Rachmaninov's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" was playing on WQXR when I turned on the radio.  I happened to tune in right before the famous - and gorgeous - 18th Variation (the one featured in "Somewhere In Time".

Now that's a great Welcome Home!!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »

Welcome home DR Jose!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »

I did do a little double-take when I walked in.  Two of my roommates are in the process of moving out, and there's a subletter upstairs - who's not in right now.

I also had to set up our wireless network again, which I managed to successfully do after only one or two "trial" setups.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »

Thanks again for the all the Travel Vibes!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »

Thanks again for the all the Travel Vibes!!!!

You're welcome! Glad to have you back with us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up