Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PINK  (Read 18993 times)

Laura

Re: PINK
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »

How is your dear sister doing, Laura?  She continues in my prayers

She has finished the radiation treatments and the rest of the chemo will begin early in May.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »

JRand, we were on the freeway heading westbound. I saw a sign that said Moorseville.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

JRand, we were on the freeway heading westbound. I saw a sign that said Moorseville.

That was me!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

Here is a handy tip -  do not sneeze repeatedly when you have stitches in your abdomen

OUCH!  You poor baby!

Jane

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2009, 11:57:28 AM »

I could never understand those mothers that bought those items for their girls - why do you want to attract every passing eye to your daughter's posterier?

Well, if they are with their daughters in public, it takes attention off the mother's behinds many of which certainly call attention to themselves for different reasons!

(Now THAT's a snark!)

ROTFLOL

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

Dental vibes for DR Jeanne!

No more sneezing vibes for DR Vixmom!

DAW

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

Just remember:

We are not a codfish.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »

Getting ready for rehearsal.  We lost another ensemble member today.....who wanted a lead....and now after two weeks just can't "justify" the time spent driving for so little to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

I got a TDF ticket for Next to Normal next Thursday, May 7th. I'm excited. I really liked it at Second Stage last year and I'm looking forward to this new production.

Now I just have to get a ticket for 9-5.

From what I heard about 9 to 5 at the meeting, I'd say save your money.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

Ginny - good luck to you and your aunt today!

Well, we've survived the appointment with the gastroenterologist, who told her exactly what she didn't want to hear:  that he cannot diagnose her without a certain diagnostic procedure that requires an icky preparation.  She's putting it off for now, until her 4-week treatment for anemia is completed.

I think she needs another kind of -ologist. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »

Happiest of brithdays to our Dear Reader Sandra! Time for some pink birthday floop!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

DR EDISAURUS!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

You are being a very good niece, DR GINNY.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »

Well, we've survived the appointment with the gastroenterologist, who told her exactly what she didn't want to hear:  that he cannot diagnose her without a certain diagnostic procedure that requires an icky preparation.  She's putting it off for now, until her 4-week treatment for anemia is completed.

There was nothing he could give her or suggest she do to possibly alleviate her symptoms?  There are plenty of problems that don't show up from that test that requires a yucky prep.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »

It was a little too cool to sit on the porch while lunch was cooking, so I sat at the laptop in the kitchen and surfed the net instead.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »

I watched last night's RESCUE ME while I ate lunch. A little more comedy on this week's show than usual, and it was very funny indeed.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »

I also went back and rewatched some of last night's performances from IDOL (which I hadn't yet erased from the DVR). I guess people are voting for Lil Rounds because the judges have been so snarky toward her, but honestly, she's not very good at all. She has a loud voice; that's about it.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »

Last night & this morning I used a very expensive over the counter product called Zanfel.  It is a gritty wash for poison oak.  I actually think it helped.  My right arm is still very swollen so today I called the dermatologist for a prescription ointment.  I will be picking up the prescription as well as another tube of the Zanfel.  It is only a 1 once tube & there seems to only be one tube left at any of the pharmacies I checked with.  I hope I never need it again, but better safe than sorry.

The pharmacist also suggest I purchase Ivy block.  Of course I would never have thought to use it the night we were exposed.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon with A PLUMM SUMMER. It's an OK family comedy-drama. A little too much of a hodgepodge to score well in any area: there's a mystery, there's a first love story, there's family angst with the ne'er-do-well father not pulling his weight with his family responsibilities, there's comedy with a couple of humorless FBI agents.

Some fairly big names in the cast: Henry Winkler, Jeff Daniels, William Baldwin, Peter Scolari, Brenda Strong.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

I had time to get to the bonus features, too. A talkative audio commentary (it was the director's first film, so she's very enthusiastic about it), a gag reel, some deleted scenes, the trailer, the premiere party, and some behind-the-scenes video set to "They're Gonna Put Me in the Movies."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »

BK I know what you mean about those shorts -- for the past several years sweats, shorts, etc for girls and teens have been emblazoned with lettering across the seat.

I could never understand those mothers that bought those items for their girls - why do you want to attract every passing eye to your daughter's posterier?

Because they want their daughters to understand early in life what it means to get a bum wrap?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »

DR SWW will soon have his regular driving license which is a good thing.

And of course we must have photos of the coucher l'orange.

The only way der B is going to take pictures of that couch is if one of his favorite birds perches on it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Just remember:

We are not a codfish.

Of course not.

"We" is plural.  "A codfish" is singular.

The correct phraseology would be "We are codfish."

Unless, of course, you are a carp.  But that's a different kettle of fish.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »

I'm hopping off-line now to do some writing. Then, it's back downstairs to watch some stuff for fun before tuning in to the usual shows tonight.

WBBL.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »

It was a little too cool to sit on the porch while lunch was cooking, so I sat at the laptop in the kitchen and surfed the net instead.

I am very jealous.

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »

You are being a very good niece, DR GINNY.

Maybe so, DR JRand, but a great niece wouldn't be getting so weary from these trips.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »

There was nothing he could give her or suggest she do to possibly alleviate her symptoms?  There are plenty of problems that don't show up from that test that requires a yucky prep.

Yes, DR Jane, he did tell her to continue the prescription and OTC meds that he's prescribed in the past.  He also ordered an interim sequence of testing that you don't really want me to describe.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2009, 02:26:38 PM »

I have filled 8 HUGE trashbags of stuff to dump.  And that's just from one teeny corner of one of the many rooms that need to be de-cluttered.      :P

But it's earth day, shouldn't you be donating or recycling this stuff ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR SANDRA

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »

Hi, DR Vixmom!  How are you feeling today?

Better now I have stopped sneezing

A nurse once advised me to hug a pillow if you feel a sneeze approaching.

After my mom's heart surgery, the hospital provided her with a "therapy bear".  If she needed to cough, practice her breathing, sneeze, etc., she was told to hold the bear in a particular way in order to help prevent any sort of injury. 

*My niece, Emily, liked it too. :)

They gave my dad a big heart pillow when he had is quintuple by-pass
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up