Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALIVE AND KICKIN'  (Read 16877 times)

Tomovoz

Re:ALIVE AND KICKIN'
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »

Only one I could find at short notice.  I'll take some new ones at the first opportunity.  The birds are staying away from the heat too! DP Colin has just filled a half dozen bird baths in the garden.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

Jane - today we walked right by the corner where the Christmas tree sales lot is set up in Christmas on Jane Street!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2006, 02:10:47 PM »

Trivia: Successful Broadway writers of "Purlie" and "Shenandoah" also wrote the beautiful "Ginny Come Lately".

I also like Del Shannon's "Ginny in The Mirror".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »

Trivia: Successful Broadway writers of "Purlie" and "Shenandoah" also wrote the beautiful "Ginny Come Lately".

I also like Del Shannon's "Ginny in The Mirror".

DR Tomovoz - I'll have to find those and listen to them!  We live on Poinciana Road and, when we moved there, a friend told me about a Manhattan Transfer song titled Poinciana.  Took me years, but I finally found a recording.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »

George that is so cute.  I didn't find the second link to the story.

Jane, you click on the word "HERE" in my previous post, but you can also click this link:

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2006/01/19/307740.html
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2006, 02:21:31 PM »

"Ginny Come Lately" was sung by Brian Hyland aprés "Sealed With A Kiss" by the same writers.

Let my know if you can't find them!
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »

DH Richard and I also received lovely anniversary presents from DR's elmore and Jose.  From elmore, a CD which coincidentally had been playing while I was shopping at Tower Records but I restrained myself from buying.  From Jose, an exquisite card and a gift card from Williams Sonoma.  At Columbus Circle Wednesday, I decided how to spend the gift card, but will wait until we get home and go to our local store or order online.

Thanks to elmore, Jose, and FJL for the presents and to everyone for the online wishes.  It has been a wonderful anniversary week.

Someone else wants to use the computer - bye for now!

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2006, 02:27:56 PM »

GINNY COME LATELY
written by Gary Geld and Peter Udell
performed by Brian Hyland
tab transcribed by Collins Crapo

A / / / 2 / / / 3 / / / 4 / / /
                      D         E7    A
I only met you just a couple o' days ago
                     D         E7     A
I only met you and I want your lovin' so
A7         D
Ginny come lately, sweet, sweet as candy
                  E
You may have come lately, but Ginny come lately
E7                 A
You're the one for me

Verse 2:
I only had to see the sunlight in your hair
Your soft soft silhouette to know I'd always care
Ginny come lately, sweet, sweet as candy
You're the one for me

A7    D                 A
  You only had to smile  a little smile
E                  A
 Nothing more than  look at me
    D                      A
You only had to smile, and in a little while
B7
  I was dreaming recklessly

Verse 3:
I only met you just a couple o' days ago
And know my love for you has no more room to grow
Ginny come lately, my dream come true
I'm in love with you
--------------D1E8737A86AF70F24E96D8D0--

James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »

DR Ginny, glad you liked SPELLING BEE. You saw one of Dan Fogler's last performances with the show (if he was in when you saw it). He's leaving the show at the end of the month, I believe.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2006, 02:37:52 PM »

I watched the rest of the SUPERMAN - Season 2, disc 1 episodes this afternoon. Always loved the "The End of Superman" episode with the synthetic kryptonite.

These discs are so clear, you can see the perspiration rings under George Reeves' arms on his Superman costume and often wet places on various parts of his chest, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »

Otherwise, I spent most of the afternoon on the phone with various dear friends. The afternoon flew like mad, but as the day has been completely rainy and gray. it was a good day to stay inside and be unproductive.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2006, 02:39:48 PM »

DR George. I got your W&G video in the mail today. Thanks in advance. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see it tonight and have a report later.

George

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »

DR George. I got your W&G video in the mail today. Thanks in advance. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see it tonight and have a report later.

I got your DVD yesterday, too!  I watched a bit of it last night, but not the whole thing.  My niece wants to watch it also, so she has it now.  She and I both thank you!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »

Off now for an evening of DVR/DVD watching.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2006, 03:52:31 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Yesterday was slow, today is slower, while last weekend we had a record number of posts for a Saturday.  So, let's get off our complacent butt cheeks, shall we, and get some postin' goin' on from the errant and truant.  We're tryin' to accentuate the positive here, you know.

George

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2006, 04:16:18 PM »

You want some news?  Here's some news:  For the last four years, I've been paying off my credit cards through an on-line debt counseling service and next month, I make my final payment!  It's official!  It's all been figured out and I will be totally debt free for the first time in many, many, many (that's three many) years!!  

HOO and RAY!! ;D

And that's my news. ;)

FJL

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »

It was so great seeing Ginny, Richard and Elmore last night at Artie's.  Safe trip home, Ginny and Richard and again, happy anniversary.

I also enjoyed the Barbara Cook concert a great deal.  I've seen her live close to a dozen times, and the love for her is palpable, especially the way her various flubs of lyrics were treated last night.  She's always flubbed lyrics, every time I've seen her, and she handles it with such aplomb that one almost thinks she plans to do it.  (Almost.)

Here's the thing, though. She kept on reminding us that she had to start this or that number over so many times that I wondered what the point was, to entertain the audience who spent  Broadway prices to see her live at the Met, or was the crucial thing to accommodate the recording needs.  I think the recording needs won out, at least in her performance.  And I'll bore people one more time and say that this just points out why it's unfair to compare Chita Rivera's accomplishment in her show to a show like Barbara Cook's - Chita Rivera's show is a well-oiled Broadway revue, and she doesn't have the freedom of a do-over the way Barbara Cook has.   I think Ms. Rivera's abilities at her current age have been unfairly knocked relative to others like Cook and Stritch, and Ms. Cook's constant stops-and-starts, while delicious because we all love her, reinforced that point in my mind.  Both Cook and Rivera (and Stritch, too) are great, especially for what they can do at this point in their lives, but it's simply unfair to compare Rivera unfavorably to Cook.  End of plea for tolerance. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 04:20:32 PM by FJL »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Yesterday was slow, today is slower, while last weekend we had a record number of posts for a Saturday.  So, let's get off our complacent butt cheeks, shall we, and get some postin' goin' on from the errant and truant.  We're tryin' to accentuate the positive here, you know.

Well, BK, if you could plan on opening a new and original play each and every Friday night, I could (just about) guarantee that you would all of us busily chatting about your opening (pardon the expression) every Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 04:39:01 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2006, 04:56:46 PM »

Five o'clock and I'm the only one in the jernt.  You know, there's an expression I like very much - when you can't beat a dead horse anymore, walk away.  I'm walking away and perhaps we'll have some lovelier than lovely postings upon my return.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »

Oh, and that's an excellent idea, TCB.  I'm already writing a new one and we'll open it next week.  And there'll be a new one every week thereafter - in that way, I shall drive all the LA critics to certain madness.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2006, 05:05:54 PM »

Break a Leg!!

I have had a slew of projects I have been working on...

Tomovoz, like the sulfur-crested cockatoo!!

Presently I am arguing with new program on my computer. It is being very, very temperamental!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »

Hello!
today i got a bunch of stuff sorted and 11 more boxes packed. Paul and I went to Brokeback Mountain. Loved it. it was amazing that in Sioux City the 1:00 pm matinee was full.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2006, 05:45:57 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the theater.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:18 PM »

I had a huge craving for fried chicken and apple pie tonight. So I fried a chicken and bought an apple pie.  I really need to get on a diet, but man did it taste great

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

Break a leg BK and prayers for Rosemary's Baby

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2006, 05:50:11 PM »

I do have a friend visiting LA on business right now. I suggested he see DECEIT. I didn't hear back after sending the email so I won't know until he gets back, but hopefully he'll be there at some point

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »

George have you toured the Wolf Haven?

I still don’t see the snake and hamster article when I click HERE.  I did enjoy the articles on the runaway camel and the dog who saved the sheep from a barn fire.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »

Ginny did you go to Bruno’s for marzipan?

Did you take a photo of the corner?  I’m looking forward to returning together when we meet in NY again. :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »

bk - greetings from Evan Pappas.  He asked how you were and I told him about Kritzerland and such.  He signed a photo from my vocal selections of "My Favorite Year" and the cover, and he also signed the cover of the "Lucky Stiff" CD.  He is quite a nice guy and was very nice, and helpful, to those who auditioned today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:51 PM »

That damned pelican stole my baby.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up