Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ANTICIPATION  (Read 11390 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: ANTICIPATION
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »

Good morning, DR TCB! I'm happy to see you back. Someone's got to keep DR MBarnum in line and I can't do it alone. I was itching to comment about his cold shower post on Facebook (has he mentioned it here?) but he handles criticism so poorly.

I meant to ask you, as well, if you were able to retrieve all your files from the old computer?

Thank you everyone, it is nice to be back.  Isn't it strange how you can miss people, many of whom you have never met personally?  I felt incomplete without being able to share with all of you, our good times and our bad.  I am very grateful to be home.

There is a man in town who apparently is very good at retrieving files from the dead.   I will probably take my late computer to him in a few weeks.  I suppose I should warn him about some of the photos that he may come accross.  I understand this gentleman is a little strange, but not in that way.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »

Hello all - I heard the call and as one of the errant and truant, I have returned, my tail between my legs. 
Just started my first official day as the Americorps member/Technical Director for the Prescott Fine Arts Association, although I've been working here "unofficially" for the past two months.  In the midst of "Ghost Talk" rehearsals along with rehearsals for "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" as well.  On top of concerts, events, doing inventory of 40 years' worth of donations/props/costumes/equipment. 

...but a job in theatre is nothing to complain about!  :)
Congrats on the job.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »

hello again. It was another good day. We had George Dvorsky first thing this morning on two solos, and he then recorded with Daniel Marcus a number written for the 1905 tour of BABES IN TOYLAND called "Don't Be A Villain." Following that Mr Ron Raines showed up and Ron and Daniel recorded a comedy song for sailors, "A Nautical Song In High C," which was written in D-major! Ron left and Daniel recorded an unpublished comedy song, "She's A Doggone Lovable Girl." Tomorrow he comes back to record the remainder of his songs. After a short break, Rose Sullivan arrived and recorded one of the German lied, Du ahnst is nicht, and two arias written for Jessie Bartlett Davis from his first operetta, PRINCE ANANIAS of 1894. Miss Davis' claim to fame is that she was Alan-a-Dale in the premiere of the operetta ROBIN HOOD and became famous for singing "O Promise Me."

Tomorrow we need vibes because I am not sure how to handle a situation: one of my tenors was still a tenor in April when he hired him and he's now a baritone. He's got a couple of numbers to be recorded tomorrow that he wants lowered and i want a second tenor on this recording. Since I'm fond of the singer, I'm not sure how to proceed. He's got a couple of things that will be fine but there are a couple of numbers that I am not sure I now want him singing and I'm a little miffed that the musical director waited until today to drop this on me.

I'm thinking this: we record him tomorrow, pay him and hire another tenor to come in at the end of the year and re-record the numbers. I need to call the producer and discuss this with him tonight.

But isn't it better to deal with this outside the recording studio than during a scheduled time?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »

I got a phone call last night saying that I'm one of the eight "finalists for the Fred Ebb Foundation award."  Highly unlikely for me to win, but after talking to Jose - who seems to know of such things - and then on that basis knowing what to look for in doing some searching on the net, it does seem that "Fred Ebb Award finalist" (while obviously not anywhere near the value of getting the award) is included on the sites and such of some up-and-coming writers, so "finalist" could be an end in and of itself.

And DR Julie, if you're reading this, thanks.  Julie basically picked out which songs I should include on the CD out of so many I gave her to listen to.

I was wondering whether i should take off some of my Kander-and-Ebb parodies on the net lest someone happen across them while deliberating, but they're so much more tribute-like towards Mr. Ebb and Mr. Kander in their commenting than anything else, so i haven't done anything like that yet.

Congratulations, FJL!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »

MSN has been really wonky this morning, so I switched to IE.  Interestingly, when I access HHW through MSN's proprietary browser (which is a built-in version of IE), I get on fine.  When I access HHW through IE alone, I get this message from Norton:

Threats found: 4
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name:  HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 

Threat Name:  Direct link to HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 

Threat Name:  Direct link to HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 

Drive-By Downloads (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Ever since Comcast switched from McAfee to Norton as their preferred free anti-virus software, I get that message when I go to the HHW homepage, but only on IE.  I don't get that when I use the Flock browser, which is what I use most often.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2010, 04:13:56 PM »

Favorite golden age westerns:

BONANZA (the earlier seasons)

BUFFALO BILL JR

FRONTIER DOCTOR (wish more episodes would get released)

NORTHWEST FRONTIER

THE MONROES

CHEYENNE

I don't remember Frontier Doctor.  I put volume 1 on our NetFlix queue. 
I wish more episodes of Buffalo Bill Jr. would be released.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »

Hopefully today the water boiler (or whatever it is) in our building will be fixed. This is day two without any hot water.

I am home sick with a sore throat so no need for me to take a shower today, thankfully. A cold shower is not my idea of a good time.

No cold showers if you are sick.  FELL BETTER!!!

Jane

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »

Did anyone watch CASTLE last night? I can't recall if there are any viewers on HHW other then me and former DR MattH.

Jason Beghe was the guest star on this week's episode. It was really nice to see him. Hadn't seen him onscreen in quite awhile, especially since he took to criticizing Scientology.

We watch CASTLE and still have last nights episode to watch.  DR Jennifer also watches.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »

I don't remember a thing about the storyline of Branded, but I remember the opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmJPnAGUJk

Thanks for that.:)

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »

We also watch CASTLE.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »

Well, you know the music, so you know what's best.  Too bad Guy Haines is not a tenor. 

If Guy Haines sounded like Dennis Day, I'd hire him in a second for this job! But since Guy Haines is one of my favorite singers, I'm perfectly happy to listen to his song stylings any day, for his pitch, musicality, and his way around a lyric.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2010, 04:31:23 PM »

Did anyone watch CASTLE last night? I can't recall if there are any viewers on HHW other then me and former DR MattH.

Jason Beghe was the guest star on this week's episode. It was really nice to see him. Hadn't seen him onscreen in quite awhile, especially since he took to criticizing Scientology.

I watched it last night (and regularly).  I like this show very much. :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »

So . . . the crisis is over. I called the producer and we talked about the situation. Her advice: call the singer or the MD and confront the issue now Her question to me was, which do you want to hate you less and I realized it was the MD since I need him happy at the sessions because he's a fantastic pianist and artist. So I called the singer, who told me that he had decided several days ago that the original keys we good, and he was sorry that the lower keys had been brought up. I think (hope) we're fine now. The producer's happy, I'm content, and we'll see how it goes tomorrow
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »

Hopefully today the water boiler (or whatever it is) in our building will be fixed. This is day two without any hot water.

I am home sick with a sore throat so no need for me to take a shower today, thankfully. A cold shower is not my idea of a good time.

Then don't expect me to drop by with chicken soup!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

So . . . the crisis is over. I called the producer and we talked about the situation. Her advice: call the singer or the MD and confront the issue now Her question to me was, which do you want to hate you less and I realized it was the MD since I need him happy at the sessions because he's a fantastic pianist and artist. So I called the singer, who told me that he had decided several days ago that the original keys we good, and he was sorry that the lower keys had been brought up. I think (hope) we're fine now. The producer's happy, I'm content, and we'll see how it goes tomorrow

~~~VIBES FOR STRESS-FREE RECORDING SESSIONS FROM NOW ON!!~~~

KevinH

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »

Welcome back. DR TCB!  I missed your witticisms!

George

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

Hello all - I heard the call and as one of the errant and truant, I have returned, my tail between my legs. 
Just started my first official day as the Americorps member/Technical Director for the Prescott Fine Arts Association, although I've been working here "unofficially" for the past two months.  In the midst of "Ghost Talk" rehearsals along with rehearsals for "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" as well.  On top of concerts, events, doing inventory of 40 years' worth of donations/props/costumes/equipment. 

...but a job in theatre is nothing to complain about!  :)

Welcome back, Cason!

George

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

1 errant and truant reader hereby reporting in.   :)

Happy anniversary to HHW and all who inhabit its environs.

Welcome back VinTek!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »

Unbelievable punchline department:  some of you (both of you who read my posts LOL) may remember my internet mishegos.  We thought it was fixed but it's been spotty for the past couple of days so I called the Qwest tech in Boise.  He looked and said we had some major problems, that it looked like there was a short in our line.  He was about to dispatch a tech when he said, "Wait a minute--check one thing.  What input do you have the phone cord going into?"  I told him and he said it had been put in the wrong input by the original tech who came out and set up our internet months ago.  So I switched it and suddenly I have really fast internet with no service interruptions.  I simply can't believe it.

I'm glad it was solved so "easily".

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »

T.O.D.

Westerns were definitely not my favorite type of TV series, or movies.  I think my favorites have more to do with my sexual persuasion than my love of Westerns.

THE RIFLEMAN (Chuck Conners)

WAGON TRAIN (Denny Miller, Terry Wilson, and briefly Robert Horton)

THE VIRGINIAN  (James Drury - One of the world's most handsome men)

And yes, DR CP, I did tell Denny, when I worte to him,  that I had the hots for him when I was young.  I seriously doubt I was the first man who ever confessed that to Denny.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2010, 04:49:11 PM »

Welcome back, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »

I went to Massachusetts over the weekend and saw our own Brent Barrett in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the North Shore Music Theatre.   It was really hilarious!   I had seen the original Broadway cast, but I think this cast was as good, if not better. It goes without saying that John Lithgow's singing cannot compare to Brent's!

There are really 6 substantial roles and they were played to perfection by Brent, D.B. Bonds, Jennifer Cody (very funny as Jolene), Brynn O'Malley, John Scherer and Lynne Wintersteller.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

Oregon State University's diversity awareness campaign resulted in this wonderful Flash Mob moment of Bollywood dancing!

It really is very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnZTkTTRZ4

Some people should not be in the front row if they didn't practice the dance.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »

TOD:

I suppose Bonanza because the whole family watched it.  My aunt thought that it was inappropriate for my sister to watch, for some reason!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »

Congratulations to DR FJL!

Congraulations to DR Druxy!

Congratulations to DR Cason!

And continued recording vibes to DR elmore!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »

Rain!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Rain!
"That's a lotta hamsters."