Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NUT CLUSTERS  (Read 16338 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: NUT CLUSTERS
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2011, 03:14:17 PM »

Well, as DR KevinH suggested, I have received the letter from the Department of State telling me that I need to order another type of Oregon birth certificate.  Maybe I'll have to fly to Portland to pick it up in person...

If you didn't have the proper seal on your birth certificate the woman who took it should have been able to tell you that.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »

Well, I just got off the phone with Lorraine (operator #3) at Oregon vital records and she will mail my birth certificate today.  So, no trip to Portland for me, I guess.

:)  That was fast & easy.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »

Another TYPE of birth certificate......most unseemly.

It is interesting that the one I had was satisfactory for obtaining a Social Security card when I was a teenager and for obtaining a marriage license 30 years ago, but not for obtaining a passport last month.

At least it should be the same the last 30 years or someone goofed & your marriage certificate isn't official ;)

Laura

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »

Am I the only one who wonders why states even issue a birth certificate that won't be accepted?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »

Well, I just got off the phone with Lorraine (operator #3) at Oregon vital records and she will mail my birth certificate today.  So, no trip to Portland for me, I guess.
So, do you also have proof of Obama's birth?

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »

Gut Yontiff!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »

Am I the only one who wonders why states even issue a birth certificate that won't be accepted?

Do they?  There are certificates from hospitals & copies of birth certificates which appear like the real thing.  An official certificate must have the proper seal not it, not a copy of the seal.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »

Keith's birthday is on Maundy Thursday.  I noticed my calender said it was Maundy Thursday & had to look up what that was.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »

I think BK might be happy to read this...No Tickets Will Be Available to General Public for 2011 Tony Awards.

Great news.  I'm sure that the producers who are allocated seats, however, will fill them with people who've either been paid or been told to scream and whoop it up, so that we will not be without that nauseating business.

I'm sure that that's a great possibility.  Gotta have noise for the TV.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2011, 03:36:29 PM »

When DR Sandra was born, we sent in a check to pay for two copies of her birth certificate. They sent us four copies that didn't have the official seal and therefore weren't accepted anywhere. They were issued by the State.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »

When DR Sandra was born, we sent in a check to pay for two copies of her birth certificate. They sent us four copies that didn't have the official seal and therefore weren't accepted anywhere. They were issued by the State.

LOL so Arizona doesn't know how to send a proper birth certificate. ::)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »

Did they re-issue new ones free of charge?

Laura

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »

Of course not.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »

Keith's birthday is on Maundy Thursday.  I noticed my calender said it was Maundy Thursday & had to look up what that was.

It's the opposite of Thursdy Monday.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »

Was your son's birth certificate ok?  It seems you had a clerk who didn't know how to do it.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »

DR JMK, you are lucky groaning ins't permitted here. ;)

JMK

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »

Just got a 1937 Saturday Evening Post (I'm doing a little research project on the side).  This has a full page ad touting the benefits of visiting San Francisco.  Included is this priceless line:  Anytime you come you will find it the same.  Sunny, hospitable, gay.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

I sort of got my errands done today. Sort of.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »

And then I came back to the apartment and took a brief nap. Well, a couple of brief naps.

Meh
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »

It is interesting that the one I had was satisfactory for obtaining a Social Security card when I was a teenager and for obtaining a marriage license 30 years ago, but not for obtaining a passport last month.

At least it should be the same the last 30 years or someone goofed & your marriage certificate isn't official ;)

When I applied for my passport back in 2002, I dug up my birth certificate. Lo and behold, it had my name listed as "Jose Simbulan, Jr." (or something like that). However, since my middle name is not the same as my father's middle name, I'm technically not a "Jr.". It's also listed differently on the certificate from the hospital.

??? ??? ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »

Oy! Such a day. Like Sherlock Holmes, I am on the search for the missing song. A Victor Herbert song "Blarney Is Our Birthright," while not published in the vocal score for HEARTS OF ERIN, did appear in the Boston and Cleveland performances of the operetta before it was shut down for overhauling. It did not make the final version of the score for EILEEN, and I can find no record of the song being published as a single sheet with the HEARTS OF ERIN logo. To complicate issues further, the Ohio Light Opera recording of EILEEN includes the song and I have no idea where the hell they found it. It might be a fake song written by the OLO production team, though I doubt it.

There's no copy of the song at the NYPL, and I've been through the show programmes as well as the show music folders. I am not happy at the moment. I'm determined to find this number.

Do you know anyone at OLO you could contact? If not, I might.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

Just got a 1937 Saturday Evening Post (I'm doing a little research project on the side).  This has a full page ad touting the benefits of visiting San Francisco.  Included is this priceless line:  Anytime you come you will find it the same.  Sunny, hospitable, gay.

Well, advertising is a powerful thing....although I don't think it is always sunny there.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

When I applied for my passport back in 2002, I dug up my birth certificate. Lo and behold, it had my name listed as "Jose Simbulan, Jr." (or something like that). However, since my middle name is not the same as my father's middle name, I'm technically not a "Jr.". It's also listed differently on the certificate from the hospital.

??? ??? ???

Are you now a Jr. or did you get your birth certificate changed?

Jane

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »

Well, advertising is a powerful thing....although I don't think it is always sunny there.

That is for sure!  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »

??? ??? ???

Well... My mom said that my real name is my real name, so... -Which happens to be on my Social Security Card.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2011, 04:21:19 PM »

OK, I've just received, via email, the agenda for Thursday's meeting, so I guess my Wednesday trip to Cleveland is a "go."

Ah, well... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »

It's OK, DR Jose.  I think I can even stay in one of my favorite hotels on loyalty points...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

Bruce, I think you are really enjoying your work with Melody.  You always sound so upbeat after a session (and a dinner) with your young star.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

??? ??? ???

Well... My mom said that my real name is my real name, so... -Which happens to be on my Social Security Card.

And you never knew this until applying for a passport, didn't you ever look at your S.S. card or school documents? ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up