Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: COMEDY TODAY  (Read 65243 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:COMEDY TODAY
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »

I now want some chocolate ice cream, but haven't any.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »

Some thoughts on "Desperate Housewives", including "why" the McDonough character wants to live on Wisteria Lane and Susan's new boyfriend:

[SIZE=8]Potential SPOILAGE[/size]

Dldkf ;lkjfliberti jibbertie jabbertie wabbertie..singdaw dingdaw ringdaw dallyjaw I liked the 5-years-into-the-future story arc jump, too, but I'm trying to remember how far into the future we saw at the tail end of last season.  That last shot in the season finale had all the ladies sitting at a table.  Gale Harold then walked into the room wearing a suit and Susan stood up, kissed him and greeted him as "Darling" or something similar.  I thought it was 7 years into the future at that time.  So..Susan getting back with Mike doesn't seem to jibe with that scene as I remember it.

Very interesting twist on the McDonough character having rage issues.  And very interesting that Edie is a bit mystified as to why they had to return to Wisteria lane.  I think I know why. djfkjljk jkflkj alkj l;kjfjkal;kj a;lfkj ;lkjlkj f;lkajsfl l; asdjflkajd flaksjf;likjjkl asdf;lkjasd;flk;l kjsdagk jasd jk;l

Possible plot SPOILAGE for future episodes

dfjklfjkl  ;ladsfl klk ;jasdlfkj ;lkasdj f;lkj slopjaw, stopjaw. ,mccropjaw...djdjkkj djk ljkljk jigger daw...kdkdkj lkj lkj dribblepaw.....jk f kj ljk akjf ;lkja;lkjf  I'm thinking that there is a great/grave probability that McDonough was the husband, or ex, of the woman -- and father of the little girl -- killed in that accident with Susan and Mike.  And he definitely gave the impression that he is on Wisteria Lane for a dour purpose. j djk jkl fjkl;kjal;kfj lkjsdafk ja;lkjasd ;lfk ;lkjasdfk;ljasd ;lfkjasd;lfkjas d;lgjas;ldgkjasg kljasd;glkjas ;lgkjs ;lkjg;lkjsdfk;ljasdf;lkjasdf;l kjsadl;kjlkjdsf..

Don't say I didn't warn anyone!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:13:39 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »

Is Nick part of the Nick and Starr team on TAR?  

Yep!

http://www.nickspangler.com/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »

I had a nice time at the library and on the way out I took a trip through the main gallery, which is featuring FOCUS ON THE 70's: THE FABULOUS PHOTOGRAPHY OF KEN DUNCAN, which was like a trip through AFTER DARK and DANCE magazines.  Lots of nude shots as well as fashion photography, celebrity shots (whatever became of Joseph Bottoms?), cast and dance company photos, and the original large photos of his "Red Shoes" series that prompted a book around 1981.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:47 PM »

Greetings from Madison Square Park!

It looks like Tree Hut #7 is going up right now, and I believe they will be completing five more for an even 12. Now I'm just wondering if they will actually be inhabited by anyone for any length if time during the month of October. *They even made it on to "Weekend Update" on this past weekend's SNL.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »

Here's a link to the Kenn Duncan Exhibit at NYPL
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

Back from my errands, one of which was going to be taking my car through the car wash.  But rain is in the forecast and I just really needed the windows cleaned, so I came home and did that myself.  Why spend the money?

I'm now cooking an English cut pot roast and it's smelling good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2008, 12:30:19 PM »

WOW!

Wachovia is being taken over by CitiGroup (too)?!?!?!?!?!?

Shocking isn't it.  I hope CitiGroup doesn't go under.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »

Sorry, but the Dow just dropped another 200 points!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2008, 12:40:22 PM »

Back from my errands, one of which was going to be taking my car through the car wash.  But rain is in the forecast and I just really needed the windows cleaned, so I came home and did that myself.  Why spend the money?

I'm now cooking an English cut pot roast and it's smelling good!

DR Ginny, thanks for the newspaper article! It just arrived.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »

It is like watching a soap opera.  Unfotunately, it is my retirement that is going down the toilet.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2008, 12:45:01 PM »

DR JRand, I’m pleased you are enjoying the links.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »

T.O.D.

There are 3 people standing in front of a magic mirror. The mirror gives you anything you desire if you tell it the truth, but you disappear if you lie. The first person to talk to the mirror was a very fat brunette. She walked up to the mirror and said "I think I am the thinnest person in the world." and poof, the mirror gobbled her up. The next person to come up to the mirror was a very ugly red head. She told the mirror "I think I am the prettiest person in the world" and poof, the mirror gobbled her up. Lastly came the blonde. She walked up to the mirror and said "I think..." and poof, the mirror gobbled her up.

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

Here's some bi-partisan fun:

Time for Campaigning

Cute.  If only it weren't true.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »

While our carpets are getting cleaned Sherlock has been banned to his deck area.  Occasionally I hear him barking for me to open the door. I'm sure he knows that isn't about to happen anytime soon since he is lying down with his back to the door.  Poor sweet boy.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »

Back from a delightfully delightful brunch with someone I haven't seen in a very long time.  This gal was a production assistant on The First Nudie Musical.  She also wrote Tron, and has done all sorts of interesting things in her life.  She's writing about theater for Footlights (the LA Playbill) and we had a very good time catching up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »

I did indeed have my poached eggs on an English muffin, and a tiny side Caesar salad, which had so little dressing on it it was basically just leaves of lettuce - I didn't ask for extra dressing, though.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »

Time for Campaigning

It's obvious that the Jib-Jab folk spent a lot of time and expense and love and care on this one.  It's strictly middle of the road subject-wise, but it's a visual treat and uses the music to terrific effect, too.  One of the few "viral" vids I don't mind seeing again and again.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

I cannot seem to concentrate on my work today.  My mind is somewhere else, far, far away...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »

Well, there goes my spot at The Home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2008, 01:05:43 PM »

Sorry, but the Dow just dropped another 200 points!

And George W looks scared!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »

Well, there goes my spot at The Home.

Maybe they'll just leave you on the mountain for wolves.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »

I agree that i really enjoyed this show.

But i wonder if they will make it accessible for people who did not watch season 1. Or exactly how that will work.

I am very excited to see season 2. I really loved season 1.

From everything I've read, NBC has made some changes to make the show more viewer-friendly. Charlie is supposedly being toned down and made less eccentric. There is a new boss (I assume replacing the terrific Robin Weigart). Can't wait to see the show to make up my own mind.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »

Time for Campaigning

I have tried watching this three times, but each time it gets stuck in the middle.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2008, 01:20:56 PM »

I believe you're mistaken, DR Ron Pulliam, about DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES jump at the end of last season. I believe it was stated five years then, and last night's episode just picked up where that left off. I didn't get the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES DVD set to review this year, so I can't check it, but I do not remember anything about seven years at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »

It is a perfectly beautiful day, but I'd really prefer it a bit cooler. Hopefully, we'll see a downturn in temperatures starting tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2008, 01:22:59 PM »

I got a good bit watched this afternoon. I began with THE SHIELD which was actually last Tuesday's show, but the DVR screwed up the recording, so I had to get Saturday night's rebroadcast. Superb episode with a great surprise revelation at the end which tightens the noose ever-tighter around the neck of the Strike Team (especially Vic and Shane).

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »

I got three more episodes of NUMBERS watched. The last one had two excellent guest stars: Michael O'Keefe and Jill Eikenberry whom I haven't seen guesting on shows for years. Nice to see her again.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »

I have two more NUMB3RS episodes left, and that's it for the set. There are no more bonus features remaining.

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »

DR Ginny, thanks for the newspaper article! It just arrived.

You're welcome, DR Elmore.  Yesterday at Kroger, we saw the actress who played Vera Charles in our infamous Auntie Mame.  She was working as a product demonstrator for a product whose website just almost crashed my computer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up