Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TURN BACK THE CLOCK  (Read 18219 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:TURN BACK THE CLOCK
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2005, 11:20:57 AM »

Huzzah!

I have just purchased my ticket to see "Lestat" at the Curran Theater on Dec. 31st for the matinee!

LIFE IS GLORIOUS!

AND...best of all...I got it with American Express Reward Points!!!!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2005, 11:21:18 AM »

Oh, yes....Loge, first row (A), seat 14!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2005, 11:21:43 AM »

I would do a little vampire dance right now...if I knew one.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 11:22:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2005, 11:23:52 AM »

Now....let me hie me hence to the post office to mail my rent check...and to the drug store to pick up some nasal spray...and to the grocery store to buy a few items I need.

Everyone play nicely....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............TCB!

At least you didn't boo, Ron.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

By the by, JRand and others who've inquired, I finally sat down yesterday and watched NORTH BY NORTHWEST on TCM.  I quite enjoyed it, but I would not list it as either my favourite Cary Grant or my favourite Hitchcock.

I don't recall any particularly favourite Halloween costume.  In high school, after I really got too old to trick or treat, a group of pals and I would pass out candy at one of our houses.  We'd all dress up as various monsters...one was Dracula, one Frankenstein, I was always a disfigured Hunchback...either Igor or Notre Dame, take your pick.  One of the guys dads worked at 3M, so he always came taped up as the Mummy.

We have a Halloween walk in our neighbourhood for the kids.  So the outside gate and courtyard of the house gets an appropriately creepy make-over.  I carve what is usually acknowledged as the best pumpkin on the block, we play Vaughn Williams' spooky Sinfonia Antarctica and sit outside at the fire-pit, swilling wine with the neighoubrs and passing out candy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2005, 12:13:29 PM »

Hi all!

What a cute Alice!  And Scarlet!  I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years and years.  Our street almost never has any kids on it either so it's like any other day/night.  I keep a few quarters by the door in case I get a stray.  I don't want bags of candy sitting around to tempt me to eat them because no one showed up.

The few kids that have showed up   in years past seemed pretty impressed with getting real money instead of candy anyway.   :-\

The local Albertson's grocery store sells coupon books for donuts.  You give the kids the coupon and they can get a real donut (at a later date).  The parents love it because they can trust that it's a legitimate treat that won't poison their kids and the kids love it because...it's a donut!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2005, 12:14:18 PM »

It's Day 3 of my mission to see the soup commercial.  Friday I "power watched" the soaps all afternoon - switching back and forth to see as many ads as possible.  No luck.  Watched network dramas that evening.  Again, no luck.

Only thing I watched last night was ESPN (Michigan 33, Northwestern 17  ;D), so I didn't expect to see Lithgow advertising premium soup.

There's an hour of figure skating about to start - Campbell's often sponsors skating, so off I go.

Bye for now.

Ginny, I taped CBS's "Ghost Whisperer" on Friday and it was there.  Do you want a copy?  Let me know. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2005, 12:17:13 PM »

I'm back.  And it's gorgeous out there....again.

Pleasant temps, brilliant blue sky, autumnal colors on the trees (finally).  I took a few side trips up roads I haven't explored in my neighborhood.

There are some so-so houses, mixed in among the nicer ones, on the streets "above" mine, but they have s-p-e-c-t-a-c-u-l-a-r views!

It's good to be alive, isn't it!  To take in all the wonders arounnd us and to appreciate them while seeing them!

(All right....I'm not "on" anything...just a rush of something or other brought on by getting tasks accomplished and breathing clean air).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2005, 12:18:07 PM »

Ginny, I taped CBS's "Ghost Whisperer" on Friday and it was there.  Do you want a copy?  Let me know. ;)

I've seen it...at least, I've seen one of them.

And John Lithgow is starring in musicals?  He's terrible!!

Sadly, this commercial reflects what constitutes choreography for many people these days.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:18:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »

And I was able to listen to the rest of Donald's radio show with no problem!  I don't know if Bruce or Donald specifically did something, or if it just worked itself out, but it worked perfectly.  Yea!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2005, 12:26:17 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from New York City!

It was a perfect day for a train ride!  Not too cold, not too hot.  Clear skies.  And gobs and gobs of gorgeous fall foliage to look at outside the window.  -And, I have to say, I'm digging the Acela train.  Nice seats.  Good lighting.  And a "gourmet" cafe car.  -And double Amtrak Guest Reward points too!  -I think I just earned another free trip with this excursion.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2005, 12:28:20 PM »

...And on the Metro ride to Union Station this morning, it was great seeing all the friends and family members who were heading down to the Marine Corps Marathon to root on their friends and family.  Lots of creative signage.  And a couple of people were receiving updates from their runners on their cell-phones and Blackberries.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2005, 12:28:48 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Great costume!  -And your friend's costume was great too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2005, 12:30:05 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Alas, I won't be there on December 31, but congrats on securing your ticket with Rewards Points!  -I guess all those E-bay purchases have paid off.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2005, 12:32:29 PM »

Geri Lowe wasn't in my class - she married someone who was in my class.

AOL is completely down, I can't log into my Adelphia home page, but can get onto the Internet via Safari.  I am so over these losers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2005, 12:36:46 PM »

I'm back from the run-through of The Drowsy Chaperone - or two-thirds of a run-through.  About sixty-five minutes into the ninety minute intermissionless musical, Sutton Foster accidentally fell and hurt her wrist.  It didn't look bad from where I sat, but they stopped the run-through and gave her an ice pack and took her to the hospital just to be safe and have it x-rayed.  I'm sure she'll be fine, and they're not back until Tuesday or Wednesday, so that will give her time to rest.

The amazing thing about that is the just ten minutes earlier she'd done her big solo number, I Don't Want To Show Off, in which she does cartwheels, flips, backflips and the splits.

I won't comment on the show, but will say the performers are all excellent.  I've never seen Sutton before but she's very good in this show.  I had no idea my pal Danny Burstein was in the show, as well as Lenny Wolpe, so I had a nice chat with both of them.  I sat next to Judd Hirsch.  

I'll be at the orchestra read-through on Thursday morning, too.  That should be fun.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2005, 12:37:27 PM »

Topic of the Day - My best Halloween and Halloween Costume happened while I was on tour with Anything Goes.  I believe were were in Grand Rapids, SD.  (ND?)  Everyone on the tour was into it.  We even had a "Secret Satan" program going on during the weeks preceding the Big Party.

For the party, the company manager booked a large suite at the hotel we were staying at that night.  *And even paid the "cleaning fee" in advance.  Everyone dressed up.  Lots of creativity went into everyone's outfits.  And some people even spent a nice chunk of change too.  *We had made a stop at the Mall of America a few weeks before, and that turned into Halloween Costume Central for many people.

Myself, I put together my costume the day of the event.  I went to Target and raided the maternity clothes Clearance racks, and then I went to Wal-Mart and picked some fuzzy slippers and my make-up - eye shadow, lipstick, nail polish, etc.  -Of course, nothing coordinated.  I ended up going as "Imeda in Exile".  -I believe I posted a pic last year, so...

;)

But it really was a great Halloween all around that year.  One of the more surreal moments of the evening was hanging out in the hotel bar, singing karaoke, while real cowboys (who were wearing their hats not as a costume) were walking in for happy hour drinks.  Needless to say, we all gave the locals something to talk about.

:)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:37:49 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2005, 12:39:34 PM »

AOL is completely down, I can't log into my Adelphia home page, but can get onto the Internet via Safari.  I am so over these losers.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

;)

-And you do know, that the more you "publicly" complain about AOL, the more problems will just happen to "occur".

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2005, 12:40:29 PM »

Hello, DR elmore - I'll give you a call in a few.  I'm just waiting to hear from the conductor to make arrangements to pick up a copy of the score.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:40:52 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2005, 12:41:53 PM »

OH!

And a Very Big Thank You to DRs Rodzinski and TPunk for providing me with a place to stay this week.

And to Kilbot and Walty for letting me invade their space.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2005, 12:42:44 PM »

DR PennyO - Yes, a Broadway show!

So, if you happen to head back to NYC next year...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2005, 12:50:03 PM »

Bruce that is so cool you found the ashtray.  Next time I’m in town I would love to see it.  Hey, maybe my parents even used that same ashtray.

It was fun reading about your evening.  Did you forget we also know Ron Baum?  In fact we will see him in April at his niece’s wedding.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2005, 12:57:11 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I loved your costume!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »

Halloween is not celebrated in Japan, either.
So I don't have to buy candies for children.

My favorite costume(?) is... E.T. covered with white sheet in E.T.

;D

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2005, 01:01:56 PM »

From Matt H:
It was a beautiful day for it, afternoon or evening. Hope he enjoyed himself.

I will find out when he returns.  His girlfriend was expecting the wedding to be very nice.  She was also excited for her family to meet Bryan, and Bryan to meet them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 01:10:48 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2005, 01:11:17 PM »

Cillaliz  you look darling-great costume!  Is there a photo of Paul or did I miss it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2005, 01:13:59 PM »

I know you knew the Baum's.

AOL SUCKS, AOL IS CREEPY, AOL IS RIDICULOUS.  There, that felt good.  Had nothing to do with my cache.  It's a combo platter of AOL's complete ineptitude and Adelphia's close second.  If it's not one, it's the other, and sometimes it's both.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2005, 01:15:18 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to see a local production of City of Angels.

I saw the first go at a design for the Deceit set today - not bad, and it does solve the biggest concern, so that's good.  I'll be speaking with the designer tomorrow to go over the details and to suggest a few changes.

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »

Four hours later and I'm awake again.  Where is everyone?  Where is my breakfast reading material?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up