Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN  (Read 33745 times)

Ben

Re:WE LOVE YOU, MISS HANNIGAN
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2003, 06:12:48 PM »

Sandra, how long have you been fencing? Do you compete? I took stage combat and fencing at University. It was through the theatre department so the competitive part was not there. Fencing is an incredible sport to keep yourself in shape. It took some time to get there (what with the posture and lunging, etc.) but once I started doing it and keeping at it, I was in great shape. I had my foil and mask for years thinking I would get involved again but a few years ago, decided it was time to pass on my equipment to someone who would actually use it. I dontated it to a Thrift Shop.

So, it's this one that put us over to Page 9.

I'm not into numerology but it's Post #240 on the board today and for my personal total it's Post #340. That has to mean something.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 06:14:39 PM by Ben »

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2003, 06:17:22 PM »

I have just spent 4 hours with my new cousin from Kazakhstan. I'm in love! She is the sweetest, funniest little kid I've ever met. She speaks almost no English, but she mimics everything she hears like a parrot, so after saying "My name is Sarah!" 5 million times, they could ask my name in Russian, and she would yell "SARAH!!" She's fascinated by almost everything in the house, including the refrigerator, the fireplace, the dog, dimmer switches, and computers. She also canot grasp the concept of a snack, so if my aunt ever puts food out, she automatically begins stuffing herself, because in the orphanage, they ate what they could grab. It's sad, but she'll catch on fast, and in a few weeks, she'll speak a LOT of English. I'm so happy right now. She's perfect! We bonded over high fives and "YMCA" (She obviously doesn't understand what she's doing with her arms, but has fun anyway.), and she cried when I left! It broke my heart. But luckily she's only an hour drive, so I can go and see her a lot, along with my other cousins.

At the moment, I'm wearing gray and pink velour sweatpants, an old maroon choir teeshirt, and black slippers with moons and stars that glow in the dark. I am the clash-master right now!

If I had a million dollars right now...I'd save it for college. I am so in need of college money right now. And a scholarship.

Favorite Food? Mashed Potatoes with melted cheese on top. Yummmmmm.
Least Favorite Food? Most seafood. Blech. And pot roast. And chicken pot pie.

:( I was looking forward to chat tonight...hmpf. I might not be able to make it tomorrow night. Ah, well. What can you do?

Ron: Henceforth, I shall call you Almighty Rod. (Ron-God mix)
...Walk in the sunshine...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2003, 06:19:02 PM »

Sandra, what I find hardest to believe is not that you were/are a vegetarian child, no, what I find hardest to believe is that you have not used BUY IT NOW to purchase the Swedish Chef Hat.  There is FREE SHIPPING with that option.  In fact, I think I shall go purchase it right now.

Jennifer

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2003, 06:22:07 PM »

DR Francois wrote:
I
also remember that the article I read was mentioning a French stage version of CHICAGO that originated not long ago in Montréal and that was heading to France, for a February 2004 opening in Paris!!!

Can our Canadian Kimlets and Hainsies confirm there is/was such a French adaptation of the musical, please?

I can confirm that it did indeed play here this summer. Although I didn't see it.

DR Andrea wrote:
DR Jennifer: I hate those coupons! We've had sooo much trouble with them. We keep going to places (as do our other friends) and have them rejected despite the fact that they shouldn't be.

My mom spent 45 minutes trying to order pizza tonight just to get someone to accept those damn coupons.

Are you sure you talking about the entertainment book? Would you mind telling me which places you've had trouble with?

I have been using them for years (as have my parents, and my sis, and my aunt and friends) and I've NEVER had a problem.  The locations are clearly marked on the back. I use them for fast food all the time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 06:24:46 PM by Jennifer »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2003, 06:24:49 PM »

Thanks, again, Karma fairy. I think I did mention my karma going up earlier today. I think it happened around the top of page 3.

Running gag!...

DR Ben,

This IS a family site!! :-[

Well, it all depends on how you define "Family" !!  ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2003, 06:24:52 PM »

More importantly, Sandra, why were you searching for a Swedish Chef Hat, which, by the way (BTW, in Internet lingo) is now mine.

Furthermore, aren't we having a posting frenzy?  It certainly is a record number of posts for a non-Tony broadcast Sunday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2003, 06:29:03 PM »

Oh I have something to aspire to!

Which?  Goddom or Sodom?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2003, 06:30:49 PM »

DR Ben thinking he will lose the race to 500 wrote:
DR Jennifer, this is one race I know I'll lose since I'll be away for 2 1/2 days.

You are probably 20 posts ahead of me. You have time to beat me.  And I won't go crazy posting (unless the thought of being a goddess becomes TOO tempting) :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 06:32:38 PM by Jennifer »

Michael

« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2003, 06:31:59 PM »

I was hankerin' for Dorothy Loudon's "Fifty Percent," so , I put the dvd in of THE LEADING LADIES.  Since putting it in, I've watched Dottie numerous times, but, I just can't get enough of Debra Monk doing "Everybody's Girl."  Or. . .Andrea McArdle's soft, yet effective pairing of "Look for the Silver Lining" and "Tomorrow."

I have a question about Dorothy's "Fifty Percent" performance in THE LEADING LADIES.  At the end of the song, she makes a gesture with her arms that, at first glance, looks like an "I did a great job" gesture, but the more times I watched it seemed like an "I overcame great obstacles in my life to even be able to perform this song at all" gesture.  First of all, does my long and unseemly sentence make sense and secondly, what do those of you who've seen it feel about that?  Does anyone else feel that way?  I had never known that she was battling cancer or had even been sick.

As I write thie I am reviewing this moment once again. I am not sure which gesture you are refering to, but perhaps you mean when she clenches both hands and says yes! I would like to believe that perhaps it had been about 20 years since she performed that song (and adding the cut song If Anyone Had Told Me) and she still was able to do it. The memory of seeing her perform that number in Ballroom, (I was in front center) will always be a stand out for me in my theater going. The orchestra and the conductor also applauded her and just before she left she added a little Miss Hannigan to it.

Also in that show was the late great Nell Carter doing two songs from Ain't Misbehavin'
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2003, 06:32:02 PM »

Nine hours of LOTR would be a big ask. I know to some DRs one hour is too much. Sound systems and DVD were invented for LOTR. I am so looking forward to seeing the Nemo extras that "Midnight In the Garden..." may be put on hold. Sushi or Spacey? Ah, decisions!

Sadly, Ozzie, the difference is that there is a chance for you to eat sushi.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2003, 06:34:32 PM »

Okay, here is my post on multiple topics:

What would I do with a million dollars?  Keep it and not tell anyone!   ;D  After paying off my credit cards, I’d (anonymously) send people money and just keep quiet about it.  Wouldn’t you love to open your mailbox one day and find a check made out to YOU for $10,000?  I wouldn't give all of the money to one person, that way more people could be helped and surprised.

What’s my favorite and least favorite foods (vegetables included)?  Too many of each to mention…so I won’t.  I never have a “single most favorite” or “least favorite,” actually.  I usually say "some of my favorites (or least)", but never "most" favorite.

Clothing check:  a t-shirt with the logo of a local community radio station on the front and back; shorts with one pocket in the back (on the right butt-cheek) and four pockets in the front:  two regular ones and two on top of those that are just patches attached to the outside of the legs.  Jockey shorts for unders and no socks.  I’ve been inside all day and it’s raining.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2003, 06:35:04 PM »

One last post before it's off to la-la land.  

How wonderful for you,  SwishySarah.  I'm glad to know you and your cousin hit it off so wonderful.   :D

I can't remember who said it but I did go to Amazon.com to look for my software.  Thanks.  I hope Bear gave you a Karma point when he had the wand in his paw.

I must have missed the million dollar question--it figures with my luck!  I can't win the lotto to save my soul.  It started on my B-day and I have played the same numbers all these years (15 to be exact) but have yet to win more than $30.00.  Is that a hoot or what?   :D

Still if I did win, just one million (chomp change-- I want at least 10-20--I'm joking but if your going dream make it BIG!)  I would do the usual.  Buy a house, a car and take a nice long trip to NYC then maybe London and on to Ireland.  

Oh, one more thing.  I would buy Swedish Chef Hats for everyone here.  

Bear, Brandi and I wish you all a good night.  

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François

« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2003, 06:40:31 PM »

DR Ben,

This is the recording I was referring to.
I find it even better than the OOBC, but don't tell any one!

DR TCB,
LOL, what a naughty sense of humour!

Michael

« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

D

You're going to Los Angeles?
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

When Colin and I first saw "The Shipping News" it was in a cinema in a country town. The audience applauded the film - no-one does that in the city. Maybe country folk are more in tune with the pace of the film and its characters. Just a thought.

Maybe those country folk were just applauding because the lights came on again?
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

Posted by: Michael Shayne       Posted on: Today at 09:42:00pm
Quote from: Danise on Today at 09:35:04pm
D

You're going to Los Angeles?

Only in my dreams!

Good night, all!

;)

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

François

« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2003, 06:45:02 PM »

Hummm... i think I forgot something, Ben!

http://www.castalbumdb.com/rec.cfm?RNumber=263

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2003, 06:45:42 PM »

Hey DR Ben, I'll race you to 500! You have one week!

If I cannot be a queen for a day, I at least deserve to be a goddess :)

Hmmm, I doubt that Ben can say the same.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2003, 06:59:38 PM »

I myself was/am a vegetarian child, and I can tell you with certainty, BK, that we do exist.

Good for you Sandra and you get a karma for that. :) :) :) :) :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2003, 07:03:06 PM »

Hey, I wanted that Swedish Chef hat! I was so close to convincing my daddy to buy it for me.

Clothing check: Really cool Harry Potter Quidditch shirt. It looks like a baseball shirt. Pants of some kind. Saddle shoes.

Favorite food: Floop.
Least favorite food: Meat.

I finished my Geology sonnets today. Boy, am I glad that's over.

I've been fencing about two years and I don't compete because I'm not all that good. But I'm getting better. Just last Thursday I finally beat that ten-year-old girl.

The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2003, 07:05:27 PM »

SwishySarah, Anastasia is very lucky to have her new family and such a wonderful new cousin.  I’m very happy for all of you.

George

« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2003, 07:18:32 PM »

The very first recording of Gypsy that I ever had was Angela Lansbury’s recording.  I fell in love with her and with the score because of that, so it will always have a special place in my heart.  I have all the other recordings except for Bernadette’s...yet.  Even if she's wrong for the part, I still want to have the CD.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 07:18:46 PM by George »

Michael

« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2003, 07:22:39 PM »

The very first recording of Gypsy that I ever had was Angela Lansbury’s recording.  I fell in love with her and with the score because of that, so it will always have a special place in my heart.  I have all the other recordings except for Bernadette’s...yet.  Even if she's wrong for the part, I still want to have the CD.

Did you have the UK release or the US remixed version?
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2003, 07:23:04 PM »

François, ahh, that's a completely different recording, from 1968. Didn't even know it existed. But, as I said, the 1989 is disappointing.

TCB - You funny man. Me laugh. Ha Ha   ;)

Off to bed for me. I've got a busy schedule.

I'll get up tomorrow and find another 2 or 3 pages at least, I'm sure. We beat yesterday and a couple of days ago. No reason to believe we won't set some kind of Sunday record.

Nite all.

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2003, 07:23:33 PM »

i'm wearing a national wildlife "save the wolves" t-shirt and khaki shorts.
if i had a million dollars would i still be a hainesie?  ;D
if i did have a million dollars, for sure, a lot of that money would go to taxes; but, after that a lot would go to film preservation, wolf preservation and a trip to new zealand as well as other far away places.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ben

« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2003, 07:24:50 PM »

Michael, I was never able to find the U.K. version. I only have the U.S. re-mix. Was it widely available? I'll put it on my list of CDs to look for when I'm in London.

Michael

« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2003, 07:25:25 PM »

Did anyone see the film version of PS Your Cat Is Dead based on the book.play by James Kirkwood? It stars Steve Guttenberg who I also think directed.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2003, 07:26:18 PM »

Michael, I was never able to find the U.K. version. I only have the U.S. re-mix. Was it widely available? I'll put it on my list of CDs to look for when I'm in London.

Probably in England only. try Dress Circle.

The only differences were  a different take of Some people and tap dancing added to All I Need Is a Girl
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 07:29:47 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2003, 07:27:19 PM »

A million bucks? I would produced cds of up and coming cabaret performers like Anthony Dale
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2003, 07:27:22 PM »

I want to thank everyone for their graciousness today, and for sharing karma and being good-natured in my push toward breaking the 500-post barrier to see what was "beyond."

It's very roomy up here.  So y'all start posting, get your fourth and fifth stars, and I'll start decorating for the party.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 07:29:21 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up