Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18848 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »

I need some stupid right now to help me through my online course work in learning how to Moodle. So, I've got "Aliens vs. Predator" playing right now. Just what the doctor order. Stee-you-pid. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »

Page Seven Stee-You-Pid Dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2010, 04:29:28 PM »

Only 45 minutes till TAR. Yeah!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

Back from Maplewood, NJ, I had a horrid fight with two employees of New Jersey Transit who were rude and complete and utter pigs on the way out to Maplewood. I may call NJ Transit and file a complaint. That's all I will say for now, but it was a humiliating and needlessly ugly situation. Ithink Bruce Pomahac is also going to lodge a complaint.

After an unpleasant ride, Maplewood was a delight: a small town looking much like Central Avenue in my hometown 50 years ago, with a nice stationery shop, a toy store, bookshop, several nice restaurants, and Bruce and I had fun walking about and wndow shopping until we met his friend Carol, who choreographed the show, at a wonderful restaurant - Lorena's, Lenora's, Leona's -  where we had a delicious lunch.  The show is in its thrid of four weekends and the house was very light today. They had the full band, and it was quite good; there were a couple of shaky flute notes in "Things Are Gonna Be Changing Around Here," but the reed player was a good player. I met the band before the show and they loved the charts and the music. Bruce, as a representative of Rodgers & Hammerstein, was happy there were no prblems or wrong notes in the books.

As to the show, the small audience loved it and I liked a lot of the cast, especially Donna, Rod, the Brain, and General Mills. The actors playing Yoni and Zubrick got lots of laughs, and the Zubrick was closer to the source in PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE than to  Cason, but their scenes got lots of laughs. Joyce was good, too, very Barbara Billingsley in apron and pearls, and I wish Fred had had more of a handsome Daddy look, like Hugh Beaumont. He had a few pitch problems, too. Everyone I met - and I didn't get to meet everyone - seemd to love the show and their good time was contagious.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »

You are very sweet Vicky, but then I have always know that. :)

I just realized that if I don't get my act together soon, The Vixter will be getting Social Security before I even meet her in person!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »

BK glad you found your sunglasses. So are we to assume that DR Jane told you to go to the lost and found?

Before he opened the safe where the lost stuff is kept, he asked me what they looked like - I said amber/brown with amber lenses and more square-shaped than rounded or thin - he asked me if I remembered the brand and I said probably not but Tom Ford was coming to mind.  When he showed me the baggie, there they were, just as described and, best of all, Tom Ford.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »

It's rainy and chilly here.

Made and early dinner for six people, sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, hot dogs, applesauce and Poke-N-Soak Cake.
Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

td, why did you have pork AND hot dogs?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

Made and early dinner for six people, sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, hot dogs, applesauce and Poke-N-Soak Cake.
Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

What is poke-n-soak cake?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for the Brain in NJ report.  I'm glad to hear that the show has been treated better that you and Bruce P were on the train.  Looking forward to hearing the story when we see you soon!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick?   Hmmm, Victor?

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)

Oh please DR TCB. I don't date the men in my group, it'd be too wierd. :D I'm really close with them though, to the point of Victor and I go around saying we're identical twins, regardless of gender and the fact that we're different races. :D And Nick and I have known each other since we were in kindergarden, and have heard that we were a couple since we met in kindergarden acoording to everyone else in school. We are so used to it that we laugh about it, but we don't feel that way about each other honestly. The only other guys in my group are Mike (Wierdo), Marcus (Asexual at last count), Marc (NEVER), and Brian (Who is too much of a teddy bear to date. I simply cuddle him, as is customery with Brian.) Oh and Charles and Danny. But both are in college.

cuddling?  I was not aware of any cuddling!

Oh please, mother, he is a teddy bear!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »

Back from Maplewood, NJ, I had a horrid fight with two employees of New Jersey Transit who were rude and complete and utter pigs on the way out to Maplewood. I may call NJ Transit and file a complaint. That's all I will say for now, but it was a humiliating and needlessly ugly situation.

It sounds worse than my experience.  Had I not backed down my comments might have more more like yours.  I'm sorry this happened to you.

Jane

« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »

DR elmore I'm glad the rest of your day was extra nice :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.

I thought maybe it was like the crazy cake my mom used to make.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »

Bruce will you please send me the photo you took of cute little Eli and me.

I wish I had a photo of Eli when Bruce showed her the special App on his iphone.  He said "Hi Eli" and then showed her the phone.  I didn't know what what happening except she broke out in this huge grin, as did her mother who was holding her.  Seems some funny looking creature in the phone said "Hi Eli". :D

Jane

« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.

I looked up crazy cake & am happy to see it is a vegan cake.  I'm thinking of making one for Craig only I need to find a recipe that doesn't include chocolate.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »

The woman who had to give me my body check was very nice and called the supervisor over.  They were both not happy about the man who yelled at me and asked who it was.  The supervisor gave me some tips on dealing with a situation like this again and a complaint card to fill out.  She also took my name & info.  I expect this will also go on the "gentleman's" record.   I know these people have a lot to deal with at that stage of the security check and can be a bit gruff.  I have never dealt with anyone that yelled at me like that or denied me my rights.

Now that is good service.

Glad you spoke up, even if it was only after.

I gotta tell you, so far, every one who has had to give me a body pat down as been very polite & apologetic about it.  I think they are a bit embarrassed to have to do it.

The two guys who gave me pat downs in London last year, coming and going, were a bit more intrusive than the last three men I dated.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »

Either my reaction to women giving me a pat down vs men giving you one was very different or yours was incredibly invasive. ;D  Did you go to a private room? ;)

td

• td
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »

Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

I just love hot dogs with my kraut. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »

Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

What is poke-n-soak cake?

It is a cake with JELL-O.  Quite moist.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

I just love hot dogs with my kraut. . . .

Funny, I Love hot dogs with my kraut.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »

I looked up crazy cake & am happy to see it is a vegan cake.  I'm thinking of making one for Craig only I need to find a recipe that doesn't include chocolate.

My mother made a vegan cake!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »

Either my reaction to women giving me a pat down vs men giving you one was very different or yours was incredibly invasive. ;D  Did you go to a private room? ;)

I have beeen patted down many times when I travel, but the two British gentlemen were a little friendlier with my crotch than any other screener.  After the one on the way home was finished, I told him that I was afraid I was going to be buying him dinner.  He laughed!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »

I have beeen patted down many times when I travel, but the two British gentlemen were a little friendlier with my crotch than any other screener.  After the one on the way home was finished, I told him that I was afraid I was going to be buying him dinner.  He laughed!

Both guys apologized for the attention.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:02 PM »

I need some stupid right now to help me through my online course work in learning how to Moodle. So, I've got "Aliens vs. Predator" playing right now. Just what the doctor order. Stee-you-pid. 

If you need stupid, you could just read my posts.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »

Sorry to read about your experience, Elmore.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »

TCB, there's stoopid and there's stee-you-pid and, well, then there's your posts. They all help in their way.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »

TCB, there's stoopid and there's stee-you-pid and, well, then there's your posts. They all help in their way.

Thanks........................ I think!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »

DR Elmore, sorry about your experience. Glad you liked The Brain

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »

Well, I went to the event.  I'm glad I did. There was a gift bag with $55 worth of gift certificates and a 10% off at the meat shop.  And a nice Ornament.   I had to wait awhile for my salesman.  He's quite possessive and got a little ticked at another salesman who tried to wait on me one day.   Anyway, i didn't buy anything, but found out the sleeper sofa that is on clearance is in their clearance store It's a full size, which would be nice for the room.  The clearance store is only open on weekends but Kyle will take me there during the week if I call him.   It's new and about 1/2 price. It's basic beige.  I'm going to take a look at it.  I decided that since it will be used as a sofa much more than a bed, this will be better than a futon.  Futons aren't as comfortable to sit on,.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:07:02 PM by Cillaliz »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up