Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18860 times)

MBarnum

Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »

Once Jane and I found the exit to 217 (I knew where it was, I just couldn't seem to find my way there) it was smooth sailing...well, except for my taking the Barnes Road exit instead of the highway 26 exit. But the upside to that is that we got to see a lot more of Barnes Road then we ever would have if I had....oh, never mind.

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »

Ok, why was tar on so late here tonight if it was on time in other areas?

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:25 PM »

However, getting Bruce back to his hotel in downtown Portland was a snap. I know Portland like the back of my hand. It wasn't my fault that 6th Avenue looked just like Broadway!

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »

LOL MBarnum....I like your attitude. One is never lost, just on a sightseeing tour

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2010, 08:07:44 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.

I thought maybe it was like the crazy cake my mom used to make.

I looked up crazy cake & am happy to see it is a vegan cake.  I'm thinking of making one for Craig only I need to find a recipe that doesn't include chocolate.

DR Jane - You can make a "poke-and-soak"/"crazy cake"/"Jell-O" cake with any cake and Jell-O/Pudding combo you like.  I just remember always liking "blue" and "green" Jell-O with White Cake.
Except Jell-O ain't vegan.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: November 14, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

My back was really hurting earlier today.  I think my pants were too tight. lol, really, I think that was the problem

MBarnum

« Reply #246 on: November 14, 2010, 08:11:49 PM »

Actually, 6th Avenue doesn't really look like Broadway, except for the tall buildings.

We had passed Broadway, which is the street that BK's hotel, THE HEATHMAN, was on but it is a one way street going south...we needed to go north to get to his hotel which was at the corner of Broadway and Salmon. So we took the next street that went south, which was 6th...only problem was that while I was searching for Salmon I somehow got distracted by the pretty lights of downtown Portland and forgot that we were on 6th...at some point I was thinking that we were already on Broadway. I blame it on the humongous amounts of food I ate, particularly the stuffed hash browns and pancakes and bacon and sausage.

But the upside is that BK got to see a lot more of 6th St at night then he ever would have....

MBarnum

« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

Yes DR Cillaliz, I take a LOT of sightseeing tours.

John G.

« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »

Been working on this online education course for six hours tonight and my system is slowing down under the weight of the pretentiousness of it all. Twaddle.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

Love that name poke-n-soak cake, td. I guess that's like a Jell-O cake? Haven't heard it called that before.

I looked up crazy cake & am happy to see it is a vegan cake.  I'm thinking of making one for Craig only I need to find a recipe that doesn't include chocolate.

DR Jane - You can make a "poke-and-soak"/"crazy cake"/"Jell-O" cake with any cake and Jell-O/Pudding combo you like.  I just remember always liking "blue" and "green" Jell-O with White Cake.

Oh, that's right.  Well, I guess if you get some agar-agar and fruit juice...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »

Here is The Heathman Hotel, where BK stayed.

Now how is anyone supposed to find a hotel this small, anyhow. It really wasn't all my fault.

And where but in Oregon would a major city street be named after a fish?

MBarnum

« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »

And for you historians, here is a shot of THE HEATHMAN hotel as it looked back in the 1940s.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »

DR MBarnum - And just how many retirement and nursing homes did you pass by during your "tour"?  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2010, 08:46:04 PM »

Oh, that's right.  Well, I guess if you get some agar-agar and fruit juice...
Agar-agar. Yum. Makes the holiday season more complete somehow.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »

Jane and Larry - so sorry to hear about the travel problems for both of you.  :(

FJL

« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2010, 08:52:26 PM »

Thanks.  I appreciate being allowed to vent about the Starfighter actor situation.  yes, it may have been one cast memebr projecting on the entire cast, but I'll likely never know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2010, 08:55:15 PM »

Jane, yes it was around seven.  The security thing was actually before we went to terminal A - I think that's the one security point for Alaska/Horizon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »

Glad to hear the Brain was fun and only wish I could see it.

FJL

« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

"Speaking of airlines and security, all the "full-body scanner" talk has pushed FLY ME IN THE NUDE (the Sinatra parody) very close to 27,000 views. 

Maybe it'll give some folks who haven't seen it before a laugh about the security system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3AcCmPL00

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »

I've had a hellacious evening.  Not bad, just intense.  I heard the first ten tracks of the master and wasn't so happy with it.  When they do these three-track mixdowns they put SECTIONS of the band on the three channels - this they do so the film mixers have some control on the mixing stage, but Carrie was a mono film so we can't get what you'd call a true stereo mix from these three tracks - we've done it many times before, however, and we've always created a pleasing sound because the instruments are where they are and don't change.

But in Carrie, the instruments occasionally do change what track they're on and when you're editing cues together it becomes, while not terrible, a little distracting.  Most people would neither notice or care, but unfortunately I do and I do.  So, I think I'm probably going to do what I did not want to do - go from the sixteen-track session tapes and remix it all - but I don't know a) how possible it is, and b) if we've got everything on the ten reels of two-inch tape I have that's on the thirteen reels of half-inch tape that we used.  If we do, and if it seems like it's not going to be horrendously hard, and if my engineer is available to do it in the next three days, then I'll pop for the dough and do it.  I'll know the entire story tomorrow.  Luckily, when I set my shipping dates it's always five to six weeks down the line, just for situations like this.  So, even if the master doesn't get to the plant for another two weeks, we'll still have discs a week or two ahead of the official ship date, so that's no problem. 

FJL

« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08:46 PM »

Hmmm, I sent you an e-mail about Datalounge before I read your post above.  Maybe I shoul;d have held off until tomorrow with the email.

Anyway, i think the CD they talked about me being assoc. producer of was probably Milla's CD after all, which would be just fine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »

Well, both of my eyes are starting to "tick", so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »

Hello I must be going.....to sleep that is...good night

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »

"I knew where it was, I just couldn't seem to find my way there."

Thanks for the memories.  ;)

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »

Great photos.  Glad everything went so well, including the missing sunglasses.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2010, 10:08:35 PM »

MEGA VIBES TO EVERYONE.   :) :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »

Night.

Happy week ahead.

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2010, 10:12:05 PM »

Hmmm, I sent you an e-mail about Datalounge before I read your post above.  Maybe I shoul;d have held off until tomorrow with the email.

Anyway, i think the CD they talked about me being assoc. producer of was probably Milla's CD after all, which would be just fine.

Ah, that would make sense at least.

Sam

« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »

Finally caught up on the last 2 weeks or so of posts.

So sorry to hear about Michelle Nicastro  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up