Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE SINGULAR SENSATION  (Read 27716 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:ONE SINGULAR SENSATION
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2005, 11:40:19 AM »

This morning I went for a walk and saw something exciting. Folks are coming 100 miles to see this bird in Arizona. Here is a very bad picture (it was really out of range for my little camera):

what is it?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2005, 11:46:20 AM »

HHW Anniversary Dance!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2005, 12:12:25 PM »

Many people travel 100 miles and all we had to do was log onto HainesHisWay!

Thanks, DRLAURA!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2005, 12:20:33 PM »

what is it?

It is a groove-billed ani, very rare to Arizona, more common on the gulf in Texas and Mexico. Here is a professional picture:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

vixmom

« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2005, 12:33:12 PM »

I will try to stop by later for more celebrating but for now its getting too busy here  so byeEEEEE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2005, 12:35:02 PM »

~~~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO HAINESHISWAY!! ~~~

I have to get that in because today is the one day a month at work where we're on a deadline.  We (in the Acquisitions Department) have to get all of our invoices paid in our system so that we can give everything to the Business Department so that they can actually print and mail the checks to all of the places where we bought books and CDs and DVDs.  It's not always on the same day each month, but it's always on a Wednesday.  So I'm invoicing away....

AND I have to get everything done early because I have to leave early tonight because I'm ushering for a tour of N*gger, Wetb*ck, Ch*nk.  According to a blurb, it's:

Winner of the 2003 award for “Best Play” from the American Readers Theater Association, N*GGER WETB*CK CH*NK is an explosive comedy that charges into the dangerous territory of race in America without the predictable anger and angst. The play was developed from actual life stories of its three cast members, all recent graduates of UCLA, and has been compared to the early work of Culture Clash or Chris Rock. Called explosive and jaw-dropping, the work de-powers these derogatory terms in fresh and funny ways. The words may be uncomfortable, but the humor is real.

And because of that, I have to tape tonight's Martha's "Apprentice," "Lost" and "Invasion."  Fortunately, I set my VCRs last night...and correctly!  But don't worry about talking about it.  I'm going to watch "Lost" before I log back in to HHW, tonight.  I MUST WATCH LOST!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2005, 12:49:14 PM »

I shall now be on my way to pick up Xerox, hopefully pick up a package or three, and then drive to Hollywood Sheet Music to pick up MORE music, and then to LACC for rehearsal.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2005, 12:49:58 PM »

Happy Anniversary to us all!!

I did a google search a few years ago to see if there were any new theater cds out, and I found a certain other site. I followed that one until a certain incident. Then I found my way here a very short time after this great site began and have been here ever since. Thanks, BK.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2005, 12:54:11 PM »

Who here has had a cheese slice or a ham chunk?  Or, for that matter, a potato pancake?

I had macaroni and cheese for lunch.  Does that count? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2005, 01:06:17 PM »

I'd like to request a favor from anyone who has DVR or some sort of reliable recording device...

Could someone please record for me the Nov. 11 episode of Oprah, which will feature performances from THE COLOR PURPLE? I'll pay for the tape and the shipping to have it sent to me.

Thanks!!!

I don't have a DVR, but I have a VCR.  I was planning on taping it (I e-mailed the Playbill article to myself to remind myself) and can send you a tape if no one records it on a DVR.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2005, 01:11:27 PM »

Lunch was yum.

I couldn't make up my mind at the Shan Dong Mandarin  Restaurant, so I ordered a luncheon plate of the house special (Szechuan) Shan Dong chicken and a plate of the tomato beef.  I ate barely half of each dish and now have lots for din-din (unless I'm attacked in the late afternoon by someone with the munchies).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2005, 01:13:42 PM »

We are having the most glorious weather here today.  The air is clean, cool and breezy.  There is a hint of either fog or clouds moving in from the west (from the S.F. side of the bay).  

It's one of those lazy days that can break your heart when they end, if -- in fact -- you're free enough to enjoy them to their fullest.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »

Any "Desperate Housewives"/Broadway enthusiasts should research the episode titles for the show.

http://epguides.com/DesperateHousewives/

Here are a few:

"Children Will Listen"
"Sunday in the Park With George"
"You'll Never Get Away From Me"
"Every Day A Little Death"
"The Ladies Who Lunch"
"Your Fault"
"(Fear) No More"

Somebody's a Sondheim fan...

Marc Cherry admitted as much last season. He also said that some of the writers who weren't even familiar with SOndheim's works complained about the titles and asked that they be varied a little more, and so they have been.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »

I forget if I mentioned Happy Anniversary!

I think I will probably watch LOST live if i can get home by 9pm.  Then tomorrow i will check the internet, as i'm very curious what these spoilers are all about (how accurate they are).

And yep, I will definitely watch before reading here tonight!

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2005, 01:18:49 PM »

DR Jason, I will be glad to record it onto a DVD for you. I don't have my equipment set-up to dub tapes. Let me know if you'd be willing to settle for this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »

I have to stand up and shout out for all the world to hear that I am thrilled beyond measure about yesterday's election returns in California.

I wish some newspaper had pasted the banner:

Arnold's Props Flop

but I can settle with the knowledge that all the propositions failed.

There may have been one or two that should have passed...Arnold sponsored only four of the eight, from what I'm told.  But....the message was sent.  It is very clear to those who sent it.

Word out of the California GOP is that the message received was MUCH different and that Arnold is absolutely certain he is on the right course and that the majority of Kah-lee-FOR-nyuns are with him.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:24:29 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2005, 01:23:05 PM »

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY was very entertaining. Totally different in look and feel from WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, and I'm sure the budget for this new one was twenty times larger than the penny-pinching budget for the first version.

The color in the first part of he film is very desaturated so that once they get inside the factory, the color is startlingly bright, very WIZARD OF OZ-ish.

Johnny Depp's performance as Willy is odd in its own way and didn't bother me at all how different it was from Gene Wilder's earlier creation.

Jason

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »

LOL...MattH, I suppose I could stomach a DVD over a videotape. If you could do that for me, I'd be eternally grateful!

And DR George: Thank you for the offer. I appreciate it. My VCR's a little weird lately - it won't record and the playback is awful. It makes a clicky sound while it plays, which always makes me think the tape is about to break.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2005, 01:25:18 PM »

Isn't it just a FANTABULOUS day?

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2005, 01:25:52 PM »

Also watched last night's MY NAME IS EARL. Very sweet and sentimental story. Not especially funny (a couple of good lines plus a funny running gag with brother Randy's carving) but very feel good and precious last night.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2005, 01:26:46 PM »

I could take a nap right now.

Oh, yes.  A napl

I'd love to find a hammock in some nice grove or other, off the beaten path and secluded.

I'd love to nap as gentle breezes caress me.

I want a nap.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »

LOL...MattH, I suppose I could stomach a DVD over a videotape. If you could do that for me, I'd be eternally grateful!

Consider it done and expect a little surprise tacked onto the end of the DVD since there will be some room left over once I edit out commercials.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2005, 01:29:32 PM »

"Commander in Chief" was pretty good last night, too.

I'm not quite sure how long they can sustain this scenario of Donald Sutherland vs. Geena Davis and the weekly one upsmanship each pulls over the other.

Sometimes, it gets to be a bit much.  And then something unexpected and quite wonderful happens.

Next week's show should be fun...Geena apparently gets some "leverage"!

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »

Hopefully I will be able to get to last night's SUPERNATURAL and THE OFFICE before LOST comes on tonight. It helps that there is nothing on at 8 p.m. that I care to watch.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »

It is a groove-billed ani, very rare to Arizona, more common on the gulf in Texas and Mexico. Here is a professional picture:

"ani" -- a crossword "solution" to the clue "cuckoo."

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2005, 01:31:51 PM »

"Commander in Chief" was pretty good last night, too.

I'm not quite sure how long they can sustain this scenario of Donald Sutherland vs. Geena Davis and the weekly one upsmanship each pulls over the other.

Sometimes, it gets to be a bit much.  And then something unexpected and quite wonderful happens.

Next week's show should be fun...Geena apparently gets some "leverage"!

Has the gay character been introduced yet? Supposedly, there is to be one joining (or being revealed on) the show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2005, 01:33:31 PM »

I think I will probably watch LOST live if i can get home by 9pm.  Then tomorrow i will check the internet, as i'm very curious what these spoilers are all about (how accurate they are).

And yep, I will definitely watch before reading here tonight!

I haven't read a thing about "Lost" being "live" tonight.

Frankly, I don't see how they could possible do a live episode.

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:33:49 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2005, 01:35:18 PM »

Has the gay character been introduced yet? Supposedly, there is to be one joining (or being revealed on) the show.

Well...yes.  One of the aides informed the chief of staff that he was concerned about the mandatory blood testing the presidential staff was having.  He wasn't worried about being positive for drugs, but that he is HIV positive.  The CoS said, "I didn't hear that, and you never told me that."  Then he told the aide that HIV isn't part of the test...that it would constitute an invasion of his privacy to test him without his permission.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:36:52 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »

This morning I read this very touching story about POTO star Anne Runolfsson running the NYC marathon:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=520951

Jennifer

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2005, 01:44:08 PM »

I wrote:
I think I will probably watch LOST live if i can get home by 9pm.  

I haven't read a thing about "Lost" being "live" tonight.

Frankly, I don't see how they could possible do a live episode.

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

It's not being done live.

I mean I will watch it live vs on tape.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up