Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BRIGHT ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY OF LOVE  (Read 30307 times)

Ben

Re:THE BRIGHT ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY OF LOVE
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2005, 12:18:16 PM »

And one for Mahler (you know, the pastry shop on the east side near to the Ladies Who Lunch)

Ben

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2005, 12:18:26 PM »

And my frenzy is over.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:32 PM »

Georeg thank you for the West Wing it arrived yesterday!!  We wer not in a TV mood last night so we shall be viewing it tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks so much!!

It was my pleasure!  I'm glad that I could help. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2005, 12:31:18 PM »

Paging Danise, Paging Danise!!!

Here is a link to a program on BBC Radio 2 hosted by Michael Ball. It airs today and will be available through next Friday. It's got to do with the Country Music Awards ceremony which is being held in Manhattan this year, at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/documentaries/balloverbroadway.shtml

A Michael Ball of Butter!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2005, 12:33:37 PM »

Good morning!

We have a REAL autumn day here. Beautiful blue skies and very cool, crisp temperatures.

Here in Olympia, it's raining somewhat and windy, but not too cool.  Not a terribly unpleasant day...I like the rain. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »

Friday greetings!

Dayton Metro Library is not closed for Veteran's Day, nor are most other public library systems.  However, when I worked for a university library, Veteran's Day was what they called a "minimal staffing" day, when the support staff had the day off, but the librarians (who were considered faculty) did not.  That meant that we were expected to provide full service with very little staff.

All Timberland Libraries (where I work) are closed today in observance of Veteran's Day.  Not to brag or anything. ;)

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »

All Timberland Libraries (where I work) are closed today in observance of Veteran's Day.  Not to brag or anything. ;)

And are you having a relaxing day off, DR George?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2005, 12:53:19 PM »

I am...so far.  Sitting at my computer catching up on the posts and holding my cat who was just starting to snore, but then she just decided to jump off of me.  UNFORTUNATELY, she had to use her claws to get off me.  OUCH! :P

George

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2005, 12:58:22 PM »

Thanks for all the great Alexis suggestions.  I have Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane and Night and Day, so that's good.  Isn't Lucy and Jessie on one of those B'way's Lost Treasures DVDs?  Or, can someone burn a DVD of just Could I Leave You off of That's Singing?

Are any of Paul Winfield's well-known films out on DVD?

BK, I just talked with my sister's boyfriend and he said that he could record Alexis' song onto a DVD today.  I could get it into the mail first thing tomorrow and if you needed it overnight (by Monday), that could happen, too.  Let me know. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2005, 12:59:18 PM »

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY,

TO ALL WHO SERVED

FROM ALL WHO WERE PROTECTED.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2005, 01:00:55 PM »

I'm BORED!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2005, 01:01:45 PM »

How unusual, the State of Washington closed all of their offices for Veteran's Day.  So, today, I can actually post during the day.

“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »

Oh everything is wonderful.

I just got an email from a man in Nigeria who needs to get $18 million to America.  I only have to send him my checking account number and he will transfer the money here and I get to keep half of it!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »

Oh everything is wonderful.

I just got an email from a man in Nigeria who needs to get $18 million to America.  I only have to send him my checking account number and he will transfer the money here and I get to keep half of it!!!

That's amazing--he and his English cousin who works for Barclay's also emailed me.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2005, 01:19:46 PM »

We're rich!

George

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2005, 01:24:41 PM »

We're rich!

I hope you don't forget us little people! ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2005, 01:33:18 PM »

I hope you don't forget us little people! ;)

Who?  ;D

George

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2005, 01:43:56 PM »

Who?  ;D

Dammit.  I hate it when that happens. :wink:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2005, 01:49:53 PM »

How unusual, the State of Washington closed all of their offices for Veteran's Day.  So, today, I can actually post during the day.

You mean you don't make a living as an actor?  I thought you were the first!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François de Paris

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2005, 01:50:46 PM »

Just want to share my "discovery" of this site that might interest some of you!

Happy listening!

Disneyland Resort Podcast Debuts

New Monthly Podcast Takes Listeners Behind-the-Magic of
“The Happiest Place on Earth”
Official Disneyland Resort Pocast Debuts

The Disneyland Resort in southern California has premiered the Official Disneyland Resort Podcast, an entertaining and informative monthly show featuring a “Behind-the-Magic” look at what’s new and exciting at “The Happiest Place on Earth.” This unique Internet-based show is free, available now and is accessible to a global audience at http://www.disneyland.com/podcast or via a “Disneyland” search on iTunes.

“Our initial podcasts in May and July were so well received by listeners that we have decided to produce a monthly magazine-style show emanating from the Disneyland Resort,” states Duncan Wardle, vice president of press and publicity for the resort. “These podcasts will be an entertaining and engaging way for people to stay connected to our great heritage, find out what’s new and hear what’s coming in the near future.”

A new episode of the Official Disneyland Resort Podcast, hosted by podcast pioneer Michael Geoghegan, will debut every month and will be available online for three months each. As the official podcast from the Disneyland Resort each show will feature interviews with the people who make the magic, from Disney Imagineers, animators, entertainers, authors, celebrities, Resort Cast Members and artisans of every kind.

The premiere podcast features interviews to celebrate the autumn season. Michael Geoghegan scares up some frightful fun with Jason Surrell, Disney Imagineer and author of the book “The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies.” Geoghegan also conjures up a conversation with master Disney animator Andreas Deja, who has drawn a rogues gallery of Disney villains. The podcast closes as Geoghegan takes listeners to the 50th anniversary of "The Mickey Mouse Club" celebration at Disneyland in October.

The innovative Disney podcast made its initial debut in May, 2005, during the launch of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth,” the 18-month global commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, continuing throughout 2006. It was the first time that any Disney resort in the world utilized the rapidly growing medium of podcasting.

Jason

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2005, 01:57:33 PM »

I just caught the cast of THE COLOR PURPLE singing the title song of the show on Oprah.com (not that I'm surfing the net at work or anything). I cried. How embarrassing...

Jason

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2005, 02:00:25 PM »

And theatre producer extraordinaire Mr. Cameron Mackintosh is visiting the office right now. Five years ago I would have been all aflutter, but after having worked with him, it's not such a huge deal.

See how sophisticated I'm trying to be? ;)

macchus

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2005, 02:01:02 PM »

I notice several references to the state of Washington.
I'm seriously considering buying a home within an hour's drive of Seattle.  If anyone has any advice about property values, and preferred areas, I'd be most appreciative for the input, either on this forum, or by e-mailing me at macchus999@aol.com.
Thanks

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2005, 02:08:49 PM »

You mean you don't make a living as an actor?  I thought you were the first!

Well, of course I do, my friend, the State job is just my charity work.
“One thing’s universal,

François de Paris

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »

And theatre producer extraordinaire Mr. Cameron Mackintosh is visiting the office right now. Five years ago I would have been all aflutter, but after having worked with him, it's not such a huge deal.

See how sophisticated I'm trying to be? ;)

I guess for you he's just theatre producer ORDINAIRE! ;) :o

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2005, 02:11:57 PM »

I'm seriously considering buying a home within an hour's drive of Seattle.  If anyone has any advice about property values, and preferred areas, I'd be most appreciative for the input, either on this forum, or by e-mailing me at macchus999@aol.com.
Thanks

Well, Macchus, if you'd consider being within 2 hours' driving time to Seattle (maybe speeding just a little  ;D ), I can tell you about a lovely daylight ranch on .64 acre that has been the site of many a H/K get-together.  It's for sale by owner CHEAP!!!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2005, 02:25:25 PM »

Here is the link to the article DR Jason mentioned:

Arrested Development gets the boot, 7th Heaven dies:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/11/television.shows.reut/index.html

Gosh I love 7th Heaven. :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2005, 02:25:52 PM »

I am home on this Veterans Day after having been out, but hardly about, since 9:30 a.m.

Oh, woe!  Oh, woe! I took my car to AAMCO for a diagnostic.  The signs were grim that I'd need my transmission rebuilt.

I had to leave the car two hours, so I took a little walk in a nearby neighborhood where I stopped at Peet's Coffee for a nice latte, strolled leisurely past shop fronts, and then took a bite in a bistro called Cato's -- it specializes in sandwiches and ale.  I partook of a reuben sandwich and drank water.

Returning to AAMCO, I learned that there was good news and there was bad news.

Now, I already knew something was bad, cuz that's why I took my car in the first place.

The good news, though, was that I do not need either a new transmission or a rebuilding of my current transmission.  Rather (and this is what was considered the bad news), a gasket needs replacing and a transmission mount needs repairing.

The good news is that I won't be spending $3,000.  The bad news is that the repair will cost just under $1,400, $864 of which is labor!    

I'm relieved and a bit bemused.  The work will be done Monday.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2005, 02:26:49 PM »

Thanks

macchus, I don't even think I have welcomed you to this site yet.........  

Welcome!

......... You mention wanting to buy a home within an hour's drive of Seattle, do you have an area you are interested in already, or just anywhere within an hour?

The property values are pretty high in the whole metropolitan area around Seattle.  If you travel east an hour you would be at the top of a ski resort (pricey).  If you travel west to the Bremerrton / Kitsap County, you are getting into a more rural area.  If you go north about an hour, you would be around the Everett area, which is still rather expensive and the winter weather is a little colder and snowier.  If you travel south from Seattle about an hour to the Thurston County / Olympia area, there are still some good property values to be had.  Olympia (as George can tell you) is a beautiful area right at the southern tip of Puget Sound.  That would be the area I would look at first.

I would suggest going to http://www.cbba.com/ for more detailed information regarding the Puget Sound property market.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:29:44 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »

I think I will watch the Carol Lynley version of HARLOW.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up