Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWN TO THE WIRE  (Read 24973 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:DOWN TO THE WIRE
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »

DR Ben - So... If I go to Dublin... Did you get his card?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »

OOHH!!!  And Page Six!!!

HOO

and

RAY!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »

I was just reading Playbill.com and saw that "Li'l Abner" will be presented by Goodspeed from April 21 til sometime in July.

...And it's too bad that the one production from the upcoming season that will going on a mini-tour will be Pippin and not Li'l Abner.  But ya' never know...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »

And now I need to get ready to head in for tonight's show since I need to run a few more errands before heading to the theatre.  *And once I run these errands, then I will not have to run any errands tomorrow during the day... Ahh...  -How's that for motivation?!?!

;)

And tonight will mark the debut of Mr. Craig D'Amico as Henry.  Break A Leg!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »

And continued Broken Leg Vibes to the Deceit gang! -And I'm thinking I'll be coming out to LA the second or third weekend in February.  Looking forward to seeing the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

OK...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2006, 02:42:46 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks this sounds awesome?

Julia Murney and Jason Robert Brown to Star in One-Night-Only L.A. Reprise! Production of The Last 5 Years

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/7450

I do!  I love that show!

MBarnum

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »

DR Jose,
Thankfully the water heater is not connected with the oil heater. I am going to borrow some electric heaters from a co-worker after work and who knows, maybe I will use those for the remainder of the winter.

Yes, the one consolation would be for heater guy to be, well, nice! LOL! Sadly, the one who came out today was not nice...in that way.

I did once have a cable man who was very, very nice...but that, as they say, is a whole 'nother story!  ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2006, 02:44:41 PM »

TPunk, your avatar always makes me laugh!  :D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »

I know TPunk would be all about that. She loves that show.

Hee hee, I didn't read this until after I posted.

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »

By the way, I read today that Phyllis Gates, Rock Hudson's one time wife, passed away.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2006, 02:48:45 PM »

Re: the L5Y (last 5 years)Wow, how cool is that.  I love the show too! (although i've only heard the cast recording). I really like Julia Murney though, so I think this could be neat.  Although I'm very curious to know if Jason Robert Brown can act. I wonder why he is doing the show himself?

I saw the show's last performance.  I thought it was great, and I would be so eager to see Jason Robert Brown in the role.  Perhaps it's based on something he experienced himself...

When I saw it I was most struck by the number See I'm Smiling.  I have totally had that fight before.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2006, 02:58:26 PM »

Did anyone see CLOSER the movie with Clive Owen and Jude Law?  What's the verdict?

I know that some people really hated it, but I guess I was in the right (or maybe wrong) mood to watch it.  All I know is that it very definitely touched a nerve with me and that I just about sobbed at the end.

I really like Natalie Portman's performance and Jude and Clive were good.  I didn't hate Julia's acting like I thought I would.  Be prepared not to like any of the characters.  I have a bit of a dark side, so it appealed to me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

And I even managed to get in stops at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Border's on the way home.  -And as I thought, Border's is giving out more discount coupons for next weekend.  -Last week was 30% off, this week was 25% and next week will be 20%.

How does one go about getting one of these coupons.  I have a LONG list of books I need, er want.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »

TPunk, your avatar always makes me laugh!  :D

In a good way I hope!  ;)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2006, 03:03:23 PM »

I'm all caught up!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2006, 03:05:32 PM »

Sometime in the next 26 minutes I should get a phone call letting me know whether I need to go in to work tonight.  I got a phone call this morning to see if I could come in at 7:30 to do a test for a very anxious man who came in as a walk in last night.  I said yes.  Then this afternoon I got a phone call saying they had been unable to reach him all day to confirm the appointment.  If he doesn't call back by 6:30 they're going to consider it a no go.  In which case I will go to the gym to work off my McDonald's lunch.  Either way I hope he's okay.

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »

Hi everyone!  I'm Stephanie, also one of Matt's fans from the Connotator.  That was my "review" posted earlier in the discussion, although I must admonish Michelle for leaving in the part about how good Matt looked in the suit.  Not that it's not true, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that was the only reason I'm a fan.   ;D

Anyways, Bruce, just wanted to let you know, I really did enjoy the play, it was fabulous, and as Michelle stated, I plan on coming back another time or two at least.  Great job from everyone involved, and break a leg tomorrow night!  

Oh, and I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up, Tammy's butt crack was a little obvious on Tuesday, too, but I imagine you guys will figure that out by Friday.   ;D    

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2006, 03:13:08 PM »

I had a very nice experience this afternoon.  My academic advisor (the person controlling my fate at Fordham) paid a visit to my field supervisor (the person controlling my fate at my internship).  Some very complimentary things were said and my field supervisor said that not only was I doing well for an advanced year student, but that she thought I was doing better than some beginning social workers. :)  Which means, barring any unforceable disaster, that I will graduate without a hitch and get an excellent recommendation.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2006, 03:13:48 PM »

Welcome Stephanie!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »

Thanks to DRs MATTH, JOSE, and TPUNK for their words about CLOSER.  Yes, I seem to remember MR BK talking about it.  I am about half way through it, and I like it....  I like Clive Owen and Julia Roberts in particular....their scenes are jolting....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »

Hmmm....there are people in LA getting ready to go see DECEIT tonight, and have NO idea what they are in for!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2006, 03:37:48 PM »

Just got the call, and I don't have to work tonight.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2006, 03:38:33 PM »

Which maybe is a good thing, because the cats are at each other's throats right now (literally).  It's probably best that I stay here to supervise and give them disapproving looks.

HJBJDJ

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

Thanks for all the warm welcome everyone!   :)

Hi everyone!  I'm Stephanie, also one of Matt's fans from the Connotator.  That was my "review" posted earlier in the discussion, although I must admonish Michelle for leaving in the part about how good Matt looked in the suit.  Not that it's not true, but I wouldn't want anyone to think that was the only reason I'm a fan.   ;D

Anyways, Bruce, just wanted to let you know, I really did enjoy the play, it was fabulous, and as Michelle stated, I plan on coming back another time or two at least.  Great job from everyone involved, and break a leg tomorrow night!  

Oh, and I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up, Tammy's butt crack was a little obvious on Tuesday, too, but I imagine you guys will figure that out by Friday.   ;D    

Stephanie, the way Matt looks in the suit is very important feedback.   ;)  They need to know the actors look good in what they are wearing, unlike  Tammy's wardrobe malfunction.  ;D

Michelle

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »

By the way, I read today that Phyllis Gates, Rock Hudson's one time wife, passed away.

Rest her soul.

And may that be the end of the "I never knew" story she told, including for years after her marriage crumbled.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »

Yes, Fargo....

I was actually an extra, uncredited, in it... It was fun...

There is a 7ft tall statue of Marge Gunderson standing outside of the FArgo Theatre in Fargo, ND
I had a customer in my line today, who was wearing a Minnesota sweatshirt.

And, I kid you not, he said "Okey-dokey" at one point in our conversation.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »

I have so many book covers I love.  There are many Edgar Rice Burroughs' novels with great covers done by J. Allen St. John; John Coleman Burroughs; Frank Frazetta; and Roy Krenkel.  I love my Rafael Sabatini covers...always slick and swashbuckling.  Many of the covers to my P.C. Wren novels are great.  Though most of Rider Haggard's novels weren't issued with dust jackets originally.  My of the later books and re-issues of the earlier ones are terrific!  Sax Rohmer's Fu Manchu and other novels usually had mysterious, exotic jackets or covers.  Unfortunately, the books are still in boxes (the library comes in next week) or I would post some for your delectation.  Many times I've bought a book strictly for the cover art alone.

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2006, 04:05:04 PM »

Thanks for all the warm welcome everyone!   :)Stephanie, the way Matt looks in the suit is very important feedback.   ;)  They need to know the actors look good in what they are wearing, unlike  Tammy's wardrobe malfunction.  ;D

Michelle

Poor, Tammy!  Here we are, new posters, and picking on her wardrobe malfunction!  Hey, for the record, Tammy did a bang up job, and to be honest, I was less concerned with her butt crack than I was with my feelings of jealousy towards her for... wait, better not spoil anything!   ;)

Steph

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »

Welcome, DR Stephanie, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up