Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DOWN TO THE WIRE  (Read 24195 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DOWN TO THE WIRE
« on: January 12, 2006, 12:17:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were wired, you were wired reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're down to the wire chewing their collective cuds, after which they shall return.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:26:57 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:DOWN TO THE WIRE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:17:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: TREMULOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »

PennyO posted her Deceit thoughts late last night, so check 'em out.  And, we've ordered some plants - don't think we can do the rug under the coffee table at this point, but might try to find a shawl for the white chair.  I might also hang a couple more things on the walls.

HJBJDJ

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:47:22 AM »

Hi,

I'm the administator of  'The Connotator'  We're a fan message board for Matt Ashford & his 'DAYS' character Jack.

I just wanted to tell you that we had a couple of our posters go to the Tuesday preview.

They had a great time and gave rave reviews for the play, and of course for Matt.   ;D  

One gal gave a small review on our board. She didn't give anything away though.

She liked it so well, she plans on attending one or two more performances.

The play sounds very thrilling, best of luck with it.

Michelle

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »

Welcome, Michelle.  As long as she didn't give anything away, can you post her review here?

We love Matt - terrific actor (and really terrific in this play), and a great guy.  I took him aside yesterday and told him that I'd had a very specific thing in my head for his character, and not only did he "get" that, he gave me two hundred percent more - lots of interesting little touches, and I just couldn't imagine anyone else in the part, frankly.

In Michelle's post that follows there are, I suppose, what could be slight (very slight) spoilers, so read at your own peril.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:28:12 AM by bk »

HJBJDJ

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:16:31 AM »

I sure can.

"Hey gang. Well, I saw Matt's play last night, and it was really good. I kept looking over at my friend Amy, and her mouth was just open in shock half the time! Matt was very riveting.

He asked me not to give really any plot points, because it would totally spoil it, so I'll of course honor his request. I can say, it only has a 3 person cast, and Matt's in the entire thing. He plays Michael, the childhood best friend of a man named Jeffrey, who died in a boating accident 6 months before. He comes back to the states after being in England for 10 years, and stops by to meet Jeffrey's widow Kate, and events unfold from there. As Matt said, there were definitely shades of Jack Deveraux - the darker years. He was at one moment charming and witty, the next, well, quite scary. A bit of Dr. Haver in that character, too, definitely. So yeah, it was a thriller, but with a good amount of humor in it. :) Oh, and the best part - Matt's character wore a suit through the whole thing, and looked very very good.

Matt's trying to arrange for one of the last performances in February to be an RBI benefit, which would be cool, and he asked me to spread the word and tell people to come see it, which I will do gladly because it was good. I'm going to back at least another time or two and see it again.

Steph "

things very edited here, but I posted this back

"At times like Haver huh,.... well isn't THAT Creepy! Matt was creepy & scary enough as Haver on tv can you imagine live on stage!"

To which Stephanie responded

"Oh yeah, it was definitely creepy to be mere feet away from Matt when he's acting like Haver. I don't know how Linda Dano and Bree Williamson were able to get through those scenes! And yes, I will definitely give a more thorough synopsis once it's all said and done. "

Haver.. is Dr. Stephen Haver a serial killer Matt played on One Life to Live a couple years back, who was creepy as all heck! haha

Here's our site link.
http://p207.ezboard.com/fthedeverauxclanfrm1

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:31:53 AM »

BK, nice reviews from Matt's fans!  And it's great that the word is getting out.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 01:32:39 AM »

Welcome, Michelle! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 01:34:18 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day, Book Covers...I work for a library, and have for more than 20 years!  I look at books practically every single moment that I'm at work.  There have been waayyyyyyyy too many for my little brain to remember the ones that stand out. ;)

In other words:  I love them all!

George

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 01:41:50 AM »

Good night, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 03:56:24 AM »

Good morning, all!  I so wish I could make the trek to LA for the opening tomorrow night!  Are Vinny and his cellist coming?

I think it's great the word-of-mouth is so good.  This bodes well.

TOD:  LITTLE ME and the late great Jeri Archer

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

HJBJDJ

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 04:08:39 AM »

Welcome, Michelle.  As long as she didn't give anything away, can you post her review here?

We love Matt - terrific actor (and really terrific in this play), and a great guy.  I took him aside yesterday and told him that I'd had a very specific thing in my head for his character, and not only did he "get" that, he gave me two hundred percent more - lots of interesting little touches, and I just couldn't imagine anyone else in the part, frankly.

In Michelle's post that follows there are, I suppose, what could be slight (very slight) spoilers, so read at your own peril.

Bruce, I'm glad you are finding out what a wonderful actor Matt is. I could gush about his acting all day. haha

I was reading some of your archive columns yesterday. I loved reading that it was Kevin Spiritas who recommended Matt read for the role. I remember Kevin fondly from his 'DAYS' tenure. Kevin deserves a big thumbs up for that recommendation.

The 'interesting little touches' you speak of,  I know just what you mean. Matt has an incredible ability to add these slight little nuances that really go to defining and fleshing out a personality for a character. They are not big things, and often times can go unnoticed, just very subtle little things that really round out the character and bring him to life.

There was a scene Matt did on One Life to Live a couple years back, as a serial killer, where all he had to do was sit in a chair and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. There wasn't any dialouge. It was just him eating a sandwhich. Somehow, Matt made something as innocent as eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich into something incredibly sinister.

I'm sorry if I posted anything above that was vaguely spoilerish.  :-[ I didn't think there was anything in there for story that wouldn't have been already known from playbill.com

Hope everything goes well tonight, and "Someone" isn't 'out to sea' again.  ;)

And thanks for the Welcome George.

Michelle

Ben

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 05:10:39 AM »

More pictures.

Here I am standing at one of the famous landmarks of Dublin, the gate to Trinity College. We took a walking tour and it began at the gates of Trinity. The Book of Kells (illuminated manuscripts) is also located at Trinity, unfortunately, due to holiday scheduling, the Book of Kells exhibit was closed so we couldn't see it.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 05:11:28 AM »

Here I am standing on the steps of City Hall, one of the stops on the walking tour.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 05:12:55 AM »

The Coat of Arms of the City of Dublin. Rough translations from the Latin mean "obedient citizens make a happy city" or "Happy the city where citizens obey" or "Citizens' Obedience is City's Happiness"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:19:04 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 05:20:33 AM »

And finally, a picture of Anthony and me with our tour guide outside of the National Photography Museum in the Temple Bar area.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 05:21:03 AM »

BREAK A BIG ONE TONIGHT!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 05:25:03 AM »

I collect though not a compusively the Michael Shayne Detective series (for obvious reason) The latter ones have photos of girls on the front and are not as interesting as the ones that have art work.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 05:26:17 AM »

DR BEN

"I believe in the theatre; I believe in beauty in the theatre; I believe that in the theatre lies one of the roads back to sanity. I want to give the people the chance to dream again" - Ivor Novello from The Proscenium

What a great quote!!
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 05:29:26 AM »

Thanks, Michael. I'm a big Ivor Novello fan and when I saw this quote it seemed to sum up my feelings about theatre.

Michael

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 05:35:39 AM »

Thanks, Michael. I'm a big Ivor Novello fan and when I saw this quote it seemed to sum up my feelings about theatre.

Thank you for thanking you. It's nice to be thanked.
Never stop dreaming.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 06:02:13 AM »

And just what is wrong with seeing Tammy's BUTT CRACK, may I ask?  Seems to me it would make the thriller even more thrilling.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 06:06:54 AM »

BREAK A BIG ONE TONIGHT!!!
Leg, not wind.   :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 06:12:59 AM »

Our citizens are happy to obey the city.

The city is happy to obey it's citizens.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 06:14:46 AM »

For a happy time in town, call Ursula, the citizen you will obey!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 06:20:14 AM »

Time to head off for work again.

Yesterday was interesting.  I was supposed to have a four-hour shift, but one of the other cashiers called in (she had to take her mother to the hospital  :() and I was asked if I could stay late...doubling my hours.  

Vibes for Cindy's Mom:
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Laters.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 06:26:41 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  It's supposed to be a beautiful spring-like day here today.

TOD - As DR George already knows (and I hope DR Jed is about to find out), people who work in public libraries are surrounded by thousands of book jackets.  When I worked in a college library, we didn't keep the jackets on the books, so I was able to use them for some fun projects.  The two that come to mind are:

For a "Season's Readings" bulletin board, I made cut-out snowflakes out of book jackets.

For a visit from elementary-age children who were in the campus' Kids in College program, I made a jigsaw puzzle for each kid out of book jackets.  Each child received an envelope containing the puzzle pieces to take home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »

Good Morning!

It looks like a beautifully sunny day outside, and I'll be heading down to the Tidal Basin in a few to get my run in.  -There's been a lot of fog this morning, and they just showed a very shrouded view of the Washington Monument on the news, so...  But it's supposed to get up to the lower 60s.

In the meantime, I've sent some e-mails and taken care of my banking stuff online (ugh).  And I've already had my breakfast.

-Who knew there was so much "day" before 10:00am?!?!?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 07:17:22 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The most "iconic" one for me would have to be the paperback version of J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye".  Not the current version of it, but that deep marroon one with the orange-gold lettering.  No pics, just text.  But instantly recognizable.

Otherwise...

And even though the author has very recently come under much scrutiny...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 07:19:19 AM »

....And those Gordon Merrick covers were very interesting, eye-catching, alluring, enticing while in my early adolescence.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up