Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CLEAN AS A WHISTLE  (Read 21393 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:CLEAN AS A WHISTLE
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »

It's a little blurry, but this is the measurement of the snow in the backyard courtesy of my roomie, Megan:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

And here she is measuring the marshmallow:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2006, 02:34:25 PM »

And just came across this on the WNBC website:

By 4 p.m., the National Weather Service reported that 26.9 inches of snow had fallen in Central Park, the highest tally since records started being kept in 1869. The old record was 26.4 inches in December 1947.

And I was here for the record!

I LOVE NEW YORK!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2006, 02:38:55 PM »

Philip Carey.... I like him as an actor....

He's the object of Doris Day's affection in CALAMITY JANE, too! He's rather gorgeous in that movie. as Howard Kell refers to him, "your pretty lieutenant."
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2006, 02:40:52 PM »

Was just reading Robert Harris' opinions on BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S. I went to the website that had the comparisons, and I can see that there is less grain and with a brighter picture, the colors are more distinct (if not as saturated).

I'm still not sure I would want to buy it again. I may take another look at it tonight.

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2006, 02:53:22 PM »

DR Rodzinski is gettin' some movies watched!

I LOVE Count Three and Pray...Allison with that whip! Golly!

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »

Heading down now to do some cleaning and then watch some DVDs.

WBBL.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I still need to attend to the desk drawers and CDs and DVDs... Instead, my roommate Megan heated up some bried, poured some strawberry preserves over it, and opened up a box of melba toast... YUM!!!

Uhm, would that be cheese bread?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2006, 03:15:22 PM »

Again, if you read my comments, the Tiffany's image is brighter, there is less grain, and it's better than the previous DVD.  I'm begin very specific in my comments - the COLOR is OFF.  There are no two ways about it - the COLOR is better on the previous DVD.  Tiffany's was shot on Eastmancolor stock but PRINTED in IB Tech, and anyone who has ever seen or owned one of those prints knows that the skin tones in IB Tech prints do not resemble flat brown pancake.  Mr. Harris knows it, too, which is why I suspect that there's some other motive for him lying about these transfers (The Wild Bunch being another example).

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »

Hello.  We have been out playin inthe snow here on the Island of Long.  We didn't get as many inches aof snow here as they did in NYC "only" about a foot...

The wind was blowing so feroiusly this morning we couldn't see anything out the front window, total "whiteout" so we said a prayer at home and played hookey from church.

I had gotten in the makings of a full English breakfast so we had tea and eggs and sausage and broiled tomatoes and broiled mushrooms and toast with lashings of HP sauce
since we were then too full too move we put Into the Woods into the DVD player and watched theat while our tummies settled.  I really like that show and cast except for Bernadette Peters (who I have enjoyed in other roles) who ( IMHO ) seems to be mugging for the audience the entire time  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2006, 03:53:29 PM »

Then I found the DVD  MattH sent me a while ago and enjoyed  some songs from Forever Plaid and La Cage Aux Folles.  Thanks again  Matt!!  I would be pleased to see any oter bits and pieces of your performances you would care to share.  You have a lovely voice.

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »

Then Vixdad went out and had fun playing with his snowblower, clearing out the drive and the sidewalk and the neighbors' drives while watching the ATV enthusiasts speed up and down the street .

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »

Then I found  The Notebook playing on one of the cable  movie channels.  So I watched that while hel;ping the Vixter put together a puzzle.  

Then Vixdad came in and we had a little more tea and watched the edn of North by Northwest which was playing on PBS channel 13 and then had some lunch ( I got in some lovely cold cuts, roast beef, swiss cheese, ham, natural turkey breast,  dill pickles and fresh baked rolls) while watching  Hustle which we taped off AMC last night.

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2006, 04:03:16 PM »

Finally the Vixter and I wentout to play in the snow.  We build a big snowman.  I took some pictures but for some reason I can't get them to download from the camera.

The we had a snowball fight and finally we came in and had some hot chocolate made with Godiva chocolate powder.

I guess I should start thinking about making that meatloaf for tonight.... or maybe shephards pie......hmmmmwhich shall it be?

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »

Dan (the Man) how did the blizzard treat New Jersey?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »

Here's a close up of the "marshmallow"

Actually, it's been reminding me of a Hostess Snowball cake.  Yum!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2006, 04:20:48 PM »

Back from seeing the last Hairspray performance in Dayton - their 4 semi's were lined up outside the theater with their motors running.  The show was fun (I'd seen it in NYC in 2004, but DH Richard hadn't seen it before).  He went on to Cincinnati for shape-note singing and I went to Target before coming home to eat a sandwich and watch the Olympics.

DR Vixmom - your family snow day sounds delightful.  The Vixter won't have school tomorrow, will she?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Then I found the DVD  MattH sent me a while ago and enjoyed  some songs from Forever Plaid and La Cage Aux Folles.  Thanks again  Matt!!  I would be pleased to see any oter bits and pieces of your performances you would care to share.  You have a lovely voice.

You have a dvd of Matt performing in Forever Plaid and La Cage? I can't even get him to post a photo!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2006, 04:37:24 PM »

I've just now caught up with all the posts.  It hasn't snows in Olympia for a few months, and even then it didn't last very long.  

~~~ Be Safe In the Snow Vibes ~~~ to all who need them!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

DR TPunk - the photo of you on the park bench gives a whole new meaning to "chilling out."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »

Hi, Danise!  How'd you like to be in New York NOW?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »

Dan (the Man) how did the blizzard treat New Jersey?

Remember how the country house in DR ZHIVAGO looked during the winter?  That's what the House of Mom resembled when I awoke this morning.  The trees, shrubbery and house literally looked like they were sprayed with wax.  And it's been cold enough that the snow clung to the trees and shrubs all day.  Simply beautiful.

Shoveling is another matter.  My body is aching all over from two and a half hours of digging out the sidewalks and my car.  But Mom has shown her appreciation by making me a favorite apres-shoveling lunch (grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup and a cup of hot chocolate) and extra-strength Tylonel caplets.

Overall, the South Jersey area had about 12 to 14 inches.  According to the news, NJDOT seems to have the situation under control and all the major roads are clean.  I'll find out tomorrow when I head out to work and home.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2006, 04:55:41 PM »

Evening all!

My goodness some people have been very busy with their photo software since we all know there is no such thing as snow!  ;) :D  I still haven't seen it.  

Per our local weatherman, we are in for a "chilly" morning--33 degrees F.  I think you all know my view on that.

We toped out at about 45F while I was out and about today with my coat, hat, scarf and mittens while others were out in shorts!  No kidding.  Shorts!    :o

We're in count down mode (T minus 10 days) for my surgery so I am making every effort to keep myself as heathy as possbile.  

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  Mom fell but is ok then I looked over at Bear the other night and saw his right eye was blood red.  I took him to the vet the next night.  Four hundred dollars later for shots and meds, I think he is going to be ok as well.  His tear duct was blocked.

I hope everyone else is doing well.   :D  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2006, 05:01:31 PM »

~~~Pre-Surgery Vibes for DR Danise!!~~~

~~~Eyeball Vibes for Bear!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2006, 05:03:28 PM »

I'm digging the NYC pics and stories.  I was in the city only once during a snow storm and that was way back in 1980.  I was visiting two friends who lived up there and just as the storm was starting, the three of us carried a sofa bed from 60th and 10th to their place at 45th and 9th.  That was an adventure.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »

Tonight is a 2-hour "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and I still need to watch last Wednesday's "Lost" and Friday's "Battlestar Galactica."  After that will be tonight's ABC line-up. :)

Danise

« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2006, 05:03:57 PM »

Hi, Danise!  How'd you like to be in New York NOW?

I think I'll pass!

Well, I really would like to see if for a little while.  Like go up on the plane, get off the plane then get back on the plane and come home!

I don't honestly know if I could handle it or not.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2006, 05:04:47 PM »

Thanks, DR George.  Eyeball vibes--I think that's a first!  LOL!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD NEW JOB VIBES FOR DR AND DS JED![/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

Howdy. DR Danise!  I've missed your cheery presence early in the mornings lately!  You would have had a fantastic time in Manhattan today, and it would have been fun watching you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up