Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33739 times)

Jennifer

Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2004, 09:54:42 AM »

I like chicken recipes! I will be making chicken fajitas for dinner!

An ice cream maker sounds great.

I tried to go to the dvd site in the notes, but it never loaded. I am trying the link given in the posts. But it hasn't loaded (i've been trying for like 5 - 10 minutes).

Are others having this problem? Are too many people trying to access it?

Now it just said "cannot find server" :(

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2004, 09:56:08 AM »

...he scanned in the tag from our Paddington Bear and added it to my coat.

Speaking of Paddington Bears, their Daddy, one Michael Bond, has written a series of mystery stories featuring one Monsieur Pamplemousse, a restaurant critic with a wardrobe similar to yours, and a wonderful Bloodhound named Pommes Frites.

der Brucer (who discovered the MP books brousing through the bookstore shelves while BK was intoning from some Kritzer or other.)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

AllAccessWorld.com

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2004, 09:59:20 AM »

MattH:

There's no record of your account. Please re-register.  First day kinks... Thanks for your patience!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2004, 09:59:45 AM »

Just wrote a long post which got nuked because the work computer wasn't logged on.  How annoying.  Anyway, I forgot to tell my internal clock when I needed to wake up so I didn't get out of my home environment until eight-fifty.  I'm here, but they've got actual work for me to do immediately (I have to write some stuff for other people's episodes - whatever will they do without me next week).  

Meanwhile, keep the home fries burning and the recipes coming.  And please be patient with The DVD Place.  We literally just went live last night without any testing at all, so there will be hiccups, but they'll get everything to work as quickly as they can.  It's gonna be great.  Yes, there will be new release info via the home page links.  If you have continuing problems post about them here and they'll get answered and/or addressed.   Thanks, and I'll be back in a mo or a mo and a half.  I haven't even had time to do a fershluganah triple lutz yet.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2004, 10:02:49 AM »

Well, a little shaved truffle would be nice!

der Brucer (saying "goodbye" to "inexpensive".)

Shave?  You don't like your truffles "au naturelle"??????

What's a hairy truffle ever done to you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2004, 10:05:34 AM »

Just demonstrating some of our fun features to someone.

This text will move.[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

This text will be BOLD

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2004, 10:06:08 AM »

Well, it's only my site, why should I know how things work

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2004, 10:06:34 AM »

Yes, but DR JRand still looks a bit un-civilized, maybe one of we dear readers, we few, we precious few, could try to tame his savage beast.

If not, perhaps we could beat upon his savage breast!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2004, 10:09:13 AM »

It's apparently a Mac issue.  Damn them, damn them all to hell

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2004, 10:10:35 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Figure Skating A L E R T[/move]

The short program for men's and women's figure skating will be aired on ESPN2 tonight at 7 (pst)/10 (est).

Will there be a showdown between Michael Weiss and Timothy Goebel or will one of them make a mistage (REMEMBER!  You can't make a mistake in the short program and hope to medal).

Or will someone totally unexpected "arrive" and set us on fire?

And will it be Michelle Kwan vs. Sasha Cohen?  Will Michelle prevail?  Will Sasha get the narrow edge?

Or will some little baby ice princess spring up out of nowhere and dazzle the world?  

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Naomi Nari Nam?  (sp?)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:12:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2004, 10:16:34 AM »

Naomi went through the same muscle disorientation that Tiffany Chin went through, I believe, and she left skating behind. She's talked about in INSIDE EDGE, so maybe I can dig that book out and read up on her.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2004, 10:18:14 AM »

Yes, bk, I am not a Mac fan. They're undoubtedly cool looking, but I'm just so accustomed to the PC interface and Windows that I just can't warm to them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2004, 10:20:04 AM »

MBarnum -- if your house has no electricity, perhaps you should consider moving to another state.  I can say with confidence that Washington State not only has homes with electricity, but indoor priveys, as well!

I am so excited about the DVD site.  I hope this means that there is hope that someday soon we can have an Eight Track site.

Welcome DR Evil Twin!

And finally, may I be the first to tell you publicly, DR td, that you have a very attractive member.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2004, 10:24:18 AM »

Watching some of our Dear Readers grow up in front of our eyes will be quite interesting.

I had a delicious lunch. In fact, it was fantasmagorical (the word I should have used yesterday when describing our time in London, since we did see Chitty, after all). I will now go back to work, return home after that and do our laundry (since we have Friday evening plans) and then have our pork chops with wild rice for dinner.

DERBRUCER, I remember CP/M. My ex's brother had a KayPro and we used to try it out at family gatherings. I remember it was considered "portable" but I also remember that it weighed A TON!

Monsieur Pamplemousse, sounds like fun. I'll look for the books.

Ben

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2004, 10:27:56 AM »

8 Tracks. Oh, my such memories are on this site today. I remember listening to an 8 track of Funny Girl, I think, on my sister's state-of-the-art sound system in her car. Ant actually has a couple of unopened 8 tracks out on LI. He found them at yard sales. Even with the camp value, I doubt they are worth much.

Listening to AccuRadio right now and they're playing Bells are Ringing. Long Before I Knew You. I love that song even though Sidney Chaplain couldn't sing much.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:29:29 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2004, 10:30:55 AM »

I would change my avatar/profile picture with shots from babyhood to the present but I will be bombarding you all with London pictures (only one a day, I promise) so there is not much need to change right now.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2004, 10:38:40 AM »

I am sure you are all waiting for me to make some crude comment about "mounting" Jose's sauce, but no, I say no, I will take the high road.

What? And leave all the nasty jobs to us poor newbies!
DR TCB, please save me from myself!

Hmm.."Mounting Jose", sounds like a film by Pedro Almovodar.

Speaking of films, yesterday you commented on Sean Flynn. According to IMDB he made nine films. They also have a rather lengthy bio detailing his growing pains and final years as a journalist.

A Fan Web Site has lots of biographical details and a scad of pictures:

der Brucer (oh be still our beating hearts!)

Ben

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2004, 10:38:43 AM »

JRand: The Ford Foundation has politely declined your grant proposal for a replacement window crank for the passenger rear door of a 1959 Edsel Ranger. While they feel the pain of your father's disapproval of your actions in breaking the piece in the first place, unfortunately, when Mr. Edsel Ford when to the great parking garage in the sky, he took all the replacement parts with him. The grant administrator at Ford suggests that you buy your father a 2004 Ford Mustang to get back in his good graces.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:39:34 AM by Ben »

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2004, 10:39:11 AM »

Congrats to BK on the new DVD site!

I don't know any recipes, but chicken marsala, fried chicken, chicken parmesan, coq au vin, etc. are all delish.  I love me a good chicken salad sandwich too...not necessarily chicken of the sea  ;)

Welcome to new DR Evil Twin!  The show at Dillion's sounds great, I wish I could see it!  I think a Donna Murphy impression is a wonderful touch...she's one of my favorite Bway stars.  Did you see her in Wonderful Town yet?

Ben--I used to love the Paddington Bear books!

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2004, 10:39:43 AM »

Wow, what came over you guys last night to post so much? It is wicked trying to read 7 new pages at once!

For DR Jose: What was that about ABMs. I have never heard that term. We call them ATMs as far as I know.

And for DR Ron who last night said, "there are 8 gods": But I am still the only goddess, right? ;)

Ben

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2004, 10:41:44 AM »

I have two Paddington bears. One is a wind-up and the other is a small, cuddly ball of fluff.

Paddington Bear cartoons are on the BBC in the morning as part of children's morning television but alas, they don't play DangerMouse nor do they have Roland Rat, Superstar anymore. I still have my Roland Rat mug from my first trip to England.

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2004, 10:42:12 AM »

And finally, may I be the first to tell you publicly, DR td, that you have a very attractive member.

I wouldn't be insulted if you told me that PRIVATELY, TCB!   ::)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2004, 10:44:07 AM »

Break from writing slug lines.  Hopefully some of the new site probs have abated.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2004, 10:44:08 AM »

I think I've figured out the trivia quiz, and will be e-mailing answers in a little bit. Who else?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2004, 10:47:04 AM »

...and then have our pork chops with wild rice for dinner.

You asked about a veg - try sauted red cabbage with apple (and a touch of clove if you like)

der Brucer (and, yes the KAYPRO weiighed at least a ton, it had a solid steal case with very sharp edges!

Ben

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2004, 10:55:06 AM »

Sauted red cabbage sounds delicious. I have to remember cabbage. I like it but don't use it much, going for the different kinds of lettuce instead.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2004, 10:55:47 AM »

Grrrrrrrrr - not me DRMATTH - every path I take leads me nowhere!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am very tame...I will not bite you...until I know you better.

DRBEN...well dammit.  Where does the Ford Foundation suggest I stick the rest of my Edsel?

All of these ANCIENT computer memories.  Oh my DRderbrucer, I remember taking disks out and putting disks in....Oh my.  And I don't think my Tandy had anything resembling windows....what you worked on was what you worked on....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2004, 10:57:50 AM »

And WYSIWYG was just a dream.

Jed

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2004, 10:57:54 AM »

JMK's trivia question has thoroughly flummoxed me.  Oh yes, that's right, I am flummoxed.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2004, 11:02:15 AM »

From the Food Network, Tyler's Ultimate, one of his church social recipes:

Braised Red Cabbage with Apple (prep time: 30 minutes; serves: 8)

1 head red cabbage, about 2 pounds
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, sliced
2 Granny Smith Apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus more for garnish
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
Quarter the cabbage and cut away the core, then cut the quarters into thirds. Rinse in cold water and set aside. In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Saute the onion and apples for 2 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the chopped dill, bay leaves, cabbage, and broth. Cook for 5 minutes until it begins to wilt. Stir in the vinegar to preserve the red color. Add sugar, salt, and pepper and cook for 20 minutes until the cabbage is soft, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh dill before serving
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up