Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 23520 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »

CP I would love to have seen Kull done the way you wrote it.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2006, 02:37:40 PM »

I'm sure Shatner would WANT to play Kirk, but J. J. Abrams is far too smart to allow such a ridiculous notion.

Good lord, are the major studios bankrupt of ideas or what?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

Trust me, Ron, Sorbo and his manager were in script meetings that I WASN'T present in.  I was just presented with a bunch of changes I suspect were designed to throw me off the script.  I got the whole truth from the very topline exec at Universal at the time who was overseeing the film.  Many of those actor ego "concerns" about the script were placated.

And, yes, in many quarters the writer got blamed.  But thanks to a very smart PR blitz I did (I was one of the first writers I think to hire a PR man...which has now become de rigeur for many writers), the truth came out in many genre magazines and articles.  That's why Sorbo sent me the letter; I had earlier beaten Raffaella at that game when I hired a PR person to handle my publicity on Dragonheart, which caused a big furor, including a huge article in the LA TIMES.  

Sorbo, probably at the behest of Raffaella, was trying to butter me up to keep me quiet during KULL.  Of course, KULL came and went so fast, there wasn't a need to do as much self-defense PR on it as there had been on Dragonheart.  I ended up in Cinefantastic being mentioned in the 50 most important stars of Sci-fi/Fantasy as a star on the rise, saying essentially I wrote really great stuff but didn't have the clout to keep it from getting destroyed.  Raffaella ended up  in the star descending section, mentioning I believe her desecrations of my two scripts.

The whole fracas is what eventually got me elected to the WGA Board where I ran on one issue...Creative Rights.

Ah!  Well, then....I suppose you would want someone to ask Sorbo a question or two....and, possibly, a followup to ask him how he felt the film impacted his career as a result.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2006, 02:38:17 PM »

DerBrucer, I like the sitting photo of Angie better.  I think you posted some cuter ones earlier.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »

Going to meet up with my out of town friend for dinner soon, so let me head down now to change into something a little more appropriate.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2006, 02:38:59 PM »

I'm sure Shatner would WANT to play Kirk, but J. J. Abrams is far too smart to allow such a ridiculous notion.

Good lord, are the major studios bankrupt of ideas or what?

Oh, Matt!  

A rhetorical question?

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2006, 02:42:47 PM »

This morning moved along very nicely, but this afternoon is dragging a-l-o-n-g very s-l-o-w-l-y.

Maybe that last shrimp roll "wasn't" such a good idea.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2006, 02:44:20 PM »

Well time for me to toddle off to start the weekend.  

MattH, please do me a little favor and keep the rain down in your neck of the woods until Sunday night.

The weatherman threatens  us with showers moving up from your area...perhaps you could build a dam or something?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:44:53 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »

Well time for me to toddle off to start the weekend.  

MattH, please do me a little favor and keep the rain down in your neck of the woods until Sunday night.

The weatherman threatens  us with showers moving up from your area...perhaps you could build a dam or something?

I don't think MattH has had very much rain to hold back.

And I'd think you'd welcome any rain at all to forestall another "brush fire" in the "brush preserve."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »

But what do I know?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

Nothin', that's what!

Nada!

Zip!

Poop!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

Speaking of poop....the local Safeway has drastically discounted its Easter merchandise, including some windup chickens that "lay eggs" (jelly beans you install in them first)...but you know it looks like they're "pooping" those jelly beans!

:D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:50:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2006, 02:50:29 PM »

I could take a nap.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »

Somehow, though, I don't think my compadres here would appreciate it.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »

So the following would be correct?

In John Smith's novel, Plays I Have Loved, the character Edmund was enraptured by the song "Memory" in the  Broadway musical  Cats

Technically. yes; however, I would avoid mixing underlining and italics in the same document as title indicators. (Actually, underlining is the typist way of telling a typesetter to use italics.)

derBucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

JRand, Keith says thank you for the birthday wishes.

We began his special day talking to Craig via messenger & the webcams.  Seeing him is so much nicer than attempting a phone conversation.  Most the time the connection is terrible & we get disconnected in the middle of a sentence.

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »

Does anybody who watches GHOST WHISPERER know if tonight is a repeat. My tv schedule doesn't have a "new" beside it. But the CBS website is very hard to understand.  It doesn't say if the show is new or not, just has a brief description.  I love the way the WB website lists their shows. Everything is in the top left corner and all the new shows say "fresh". So easy!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2006, 03:37:08 PM »

Does anybody who watches GHOST WHISPERER know if tonight is a repeat. My tv schedule doesn't have a "new" beside it. But the CBS website is very hard to understand.  It doesn't say if the show is new or not, just has a brief description.  I love the way the WB website lists their shows. Everything is in the top left corner and all the new shows say "fresh". So easy!

Tonight's repeat:

"Melinda's First Ghost" Episode #115.
When Melinda's first ghost reappears, her presence triggers Melinda to remember when she first discovered her ability and the strain it put on her relationship with her mother, who could not understand what she was going through.

Cast: Jennifer Love Hewitt, David Conrad, Aisha Tyler, Grace Fulton, Anne Archer, Abigail Breslin, Brett Cullen, June Squibb, Tom Everett, Grace Dowling .
Director(s): Peter Werner.
Producer(s): John Gray, Ian Sander, Kim Moses.
Writer(s): Catherine Butterfield.

Original Airdate: January 27, 2006.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »

Well....I wished one of our information systems techs a happy 36th birthday, got a piece of carrot cake which was scrumptious, and then got an enormous compliment from someone who asked me when my birthday was...I told her the month, but said I stopped having birthdays when I turned 50.  She looked at me stunned, and asked how I could be 50...to which I replied, "I'm 57."  She refused to believe me...until a co-worker assured her I was telling the truth.

Well...I was gobsmacked and terribly pleased.  And shall ride this sugar rush through the rest of the afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 03:40:20 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2006, 03:41:25 PM »

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

And I'm still mind-boggled over the fact that Kevin Sorbo was so stupid as to willingly indulge in dumbing down a script so that he could....what?...sleepwalk through a caricature of his Hercules character?

I now think he's an even dimmer bulb than I previously thought.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »

If I were ever so fortunate to be considered "right" for a movie role, I pray with every fiber of my being that it's the kind of part that the leading actor "tries" to get cut from the film because I act him off the screen (but that prayer includes the leading actor NOT getting his way on that point).

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »

Thank you DR RonP. I just went and looked in my tv and there was more info, and i remember seeing that show.

The description on the cbs website didn't trigger anything for me. In my tv it mentions that this is the episode where Melinda saw her childhood friend in class (when melinda was little).

Btw, where did you find the info that had the original airdate listed?

Jane

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »

And I'm still mind-boggled over the fact that Kevin Sorbo was so stupid as to willingly indulge in dumbing down a script so that he could....what?...sleepwalk through a caricature of his Hercules character?

Perfect description!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

But seriously, where HAS Jose got to?

I believe he is usually paid when he makes personal appearances.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »

Thank you DR RonP. I just went and looked in my tv and there was more info, and i remember seeing that show.

The description on the cbs website didn't trigger anything for me. In my tv it mentions that this is the episode where Melinda saw her childhood friend in class (when melinda was little).

It's part of my Yahoo home page...I select the channels I want displayed....to get a summary of the show, I double-click on it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »

I believe he is usually paid when he makes personal appearances.

I guess he's gotten caught up in being a part of the Rhythm of the City (i.e., lost in a production number from "Can't Stop the Music").

There must be a great deal more to it than just playing each performance.  We used to see Jose a lot more when he was playing for auditions all day long.  

This show must have him up to all hours of the morning (partying!)...and he must get early calls to go over music several hours before each show.

He's a star now....and his time isn't his own like it used to be.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:12:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

I go to www.excite.com's TV listings and that lists the original air date.  You have to enter a zip code, but I don't know if they have Canadian listings.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »

Good morning one and all and also all and one!

The over 400 firefighters (and we only have volunteer departments here on the Island of Long) did an excellent job.  

I thank you all for your vibes and concern!!

Great news, vixmom!  If you would like, M Barnum and I will go and personally thank each and every one of the 400 firefighters for you!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2006, 04:14:29 PM »

MAybe you could do an instructional video:

"Field Stripping Fire Hose Nozzles 101."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up