News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 1962  (Read 27929 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:1962
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

*Oh, I also forgot that we have no show on October 5 - we go dark when the show in the other theatre opens.  So...  And then since I fly down to Ft. Lauderdale the next day to get ready for my cruise/working vacation... :)

-So that's why I can come up to NYC midweek that week.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

AH!!!

PAGE SIX DANCE WITH THE STARS!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

-Well, at least those stars you're not sick of seeing all over the place.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »

And, yes, something is in the air indeed...  And I could actually feel "it" coming on during the trip southward last night from NYC.  Fall allergies.  *And since the temps here took a rather drastic downturn overnight, a bunch of us had the sniffles in the theatre earlier today.  Ain't nature grand?
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2006, 03:37:30 PM »

RE: Rachel Ray - The New York Times had a review of her new talk-show in yesterday's edition.  A very interesting read, and the reviewer fully acknowledged the "love her" or "hate her" "affect" of her persistent perkiness and toothy smile.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »

And this:

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

DearReaderLaura, I agree with what other Haines said the other day.  Your photos are wonderful.  You have a great eye for composition.  Perhaps a coffee table book?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

Question for ASK BK (and HHW'ers) Day.

Which "celebrity" of today do you wish would just go away? You may choose more than one.
Take a glimpse at any of the tabloid mags at your supermarket.  And yes, this includes People and all of that glossy ilk (or irk).

If anyone appears on more than one tabloid cover, that person needs to disappear.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

And this:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »

Why, thank you, TCB and others. Sometimes I just get lucky. You don't see the 60 shots I delete.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2006, 03:54:12 PM »

My feet are really really really really (that's FOUR!!!) tired.

I feel as if I was pounding the pavement for eight hours.

Wait a sec, that's exactly what I was doing, out in the parking lot all day, wrangling shopping carts.

But the weather was wonderful (not too hot, not too cloudy, just right), and it's amazing how keeping a smile on my face and a friendly greeting gets the same from the customers in return.

My hunch is, tomorrow I'll be pounding the pavement again.  Dixie, the front-end manager, had a hunch that my hunch was correct when I mentioned what my hunch was.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »

Der Brucer is watching one of the few "reality" shows we allow in our house, Iron Chef America.  Yes, the show has writing.

Cady Huffman is one of the judges on this ep.  She has such a wonderful laugh.  Unscriptable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

Back from setting keys - all keys for these three songs were changed to accomodate the singers.  We're a bit concerned about the girl who's playing the daughter - she was my only choice for the role (and she read it well), but she's got some pitch problems and isn't strong.  She's got her work cut out for her, I'll say that.  I'm hoping once she gets secure with the character and the music, that she'll come through.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2006, 04:21:46 PM »

And how many orders came through whilst I was gone?  0, that's how many.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2006, 04:35:38 PM »

Dear Esteemed and well-tuned BK --

Don't despair.......for the west coast (at least), it is the mid-afternoon "low blood sugar" slump part of the day.  I'm sure once the west coast  H/Ks get home from work and get to the Living Room, things will pick up and orders will be sizzling......just like so many crackerjack shrimp.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »

Perhaps Paypal is down?
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

MusicGuy

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »

DR Laura --  What amazes me is not only are the pictures genuinely beautiful, but who the hell knows names like " the damselfly" and "the LeopardFrog."

Well, obviously, you do ! :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2006, 04:38:21 PM »

I don't THINK paypal is down - is it?  I got one order for Simply Sondheim, so it was working for that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2006, 04:40:05 PM »

DRs Cillaliz and jhvw - It looks like I will be in NYC on Wednesday and Thursday of that week, so... What were your plans for Thursday again?

Nothing etched in stone. Something with DR Ginny and DH Richard. We're thinking Chelsea Market and/or the Village. Drowsy Chaperone that night at HHW get together afterward

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »

Oh and anyone else is welcome to join us....that's just the plan so far

MusicGuy

« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2006, 04:45:53 PM »

Hi DR George --

I haven't heard an update (or maybe I missed it)....but, have you heard the OK from the finance place, and the seller, and everything?

In other words -- are you a genuine, all-American, in debt up to where the sun don't shine, homeowner now??

If so, you absolutely have to get and watch "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.  It is a wonderfully enjoyable film, and it is worth watching just so you can be kidded about possibly needing a "Zuz Zuz Water Softener" for your house.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2006, 04:46:51 PM »

I don't THINK paypal is down - is it?  I got one order for Simply Sondheim, so it was working for that.

I was just trying to ease your mind!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »

Nothing etched in stone. Something with DR Ginny and DH Richard. We're thinking Chelsea Market and/or the Village. Drowsy Chaperone that night at HHW get together afterward

Or, if the weather's nice, how 'bout Central Park?  You know, Oct. 5 is the 1-year anniversary of our big eating/walking tour, so it's fitting that a band of Hainsies/Kimlets should follow DR Jose around some part of New York that day.  I think Richard and I will want to be at St. Thomas Church, at 53rd & 5th for a 4pm evensong service.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2006, 04:59:39 PM »

Just had a nice conversation with Dr. Barry Kohn re my hoarseness.  He had some excellent suggestions (after I carefully explained the problems) all of which are over-the-counter stuff.   Hopefully, that stuff will work.  If not, he's off to NY tonight and will be there while I'm there, so if I need further help he's a phone call away - that totally eases my mind.  One interesting thing he told me is that for singers drinking water is not great.  Who knew?  Best thing to lubricate the chords?  Diet Snapple.  Who knew?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2006, 05:02:45 PM »

BK, I know it's early still, but how many orders have you gotten, so far?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »

She's got her work cut out for her, I'll say that.  I'm hoping once she gets secure with the character and the music, that she'll come through.

Thanks for the warning.  The band will play the melody with her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2006, 05:04:25 PM »

Hi DR George --

I haven't heard an update (or maybe I missed it)....but, have you heard the OK from the finance place, and the seller, and everything?

In other words -- are you a genuine, all-American, in debt up to where the sun don't shine, homeowner now??

If so, you absolutely have to get and watch "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.  It is a wonderfully enjoyable film, and it is worth watching just so you can be kidded about possibly needing a "Zuz Zuz Water Softener" for your house.

Thanks, MusicGuy.  You're not the first to suggest "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House," however.  DR Jane also did and I've added it to my Netflix queue...and moved it to the top.  Of course, I have to watch the movies that I have now. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2006, 05:08:18 PM »

And that's why we love you, elmore!!!

Got one more order - we've had about ten or so thus far - and we want MORE!!! I see a William F. Orr, for example.  Has he ordered?  

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »

Or, if the weather's nice, how 'bout Central Park?  You know, Oct. 5 is the 1-year anniversary of our big eating/walking tour, so it's fitting that a band of Hainsies/Kimlets should follow DR Jose around some part of New York that day.  I think Richard and I will want to be at St. Thomas Church, at 53rd & 5th for a 4pm evensong service.

Sure, we want to see that too...jhvw, hope you don't mind me speaking for you on the plans... these are all places we've talked about going. I think it would be great to get a band of HHWs together again to follow Jose around. That was a lot of fun
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up