Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT  (Read 26400 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2006, 03:32:31 PM »

Company just arrived.  I managed to get almost everything needed done, except wash my car & iron Keith’s shirts.

Bye.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2006, 03:33:55 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the afternoon o' meetings at LACC, after which I shall return.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »

Only 6 hours and 8 minutes till Project Runway 3's Finale airs.

PDT, of course.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:52:51 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2006, 03:56:38 PM »

Dear MB -- I really had a good laugh, when I finally read the small print at the bottom under the picture of the studly Indian !  So many meanings!

By the way,....what do you want for your birthday?

I would guess the actor on the box cover.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

Dear elmore -- oh, that I could only accomplish that small gift for dear MB !  

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »

Save the cheerleader...

...save the World!

DR Ron P .... I'm a lame brain and nothing is registering for me.  Is this a quote from either a movie or TV.... or what?

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

Hee! I do think that Mr. Gojko Mitic may become my new favorite actor...as soon as I see some of his movies, that is...

...he looks to be quite talented...

....and in fact he is still a working actor  

He even has his own website....

....although it isn't in English...

...which of course doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:52:12 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »

Hee! I do think that Mr. Gojko Mitic may become my new favorite actor...as soon as I see some of his movies, that is...

...he looks to be quite talented...

....and in fact he is still a working actor  

He even has his own website....

....although it isn't in English...

...which of course doesn't really matter.

DR MBarnum, aficionado of the Henry Willson School of Dramatic Art!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »

Because I've been experiencing "battery life" issues with my iPod, I'm about to perform the 5-step procedure recommended by the Apple website.  Wish me luck.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

Because I've been experiencing "battery life" issues with my iPod, I'm about to perform the 5-step procedure recommended by the Apple website.  Wish me luck.

I've been experiencing "battery issues" for a while now too- can you point me in the direction of their 5 step procedure?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

FJL, thanks for the invite to your shindig on Friday.  I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend.

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2006, 06:04:15 PM »

I've been experiencing "battery issues" for a while now too- can you point me in the direction of their 5 step procedure?

DR TPunk - here's Apple's Five Rs Assistant.  I think I fast-forwarded and repeated too much, rather than just letting the music play.  Just did all five steps, so we'll see if it helps.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »

DR Ben - I hope Anthony is feeling better.

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2006, 06:20:41 PM »

DR TPunk - the end of my work day was sort of like the beginning of yours today.  Being where we had the Foundation Center 50th Anniversary event put me more than half-way home and my boss agreed that it was silly for me to drive back to work for just a little while before leaving for the day.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2006, 06:21:37 PM »

Congrats on your successful event, DRGINNY!!!

DR TPUNK - loved the pics of your new workspace!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2006, 06:22:01 PM »

DR TPunk - the end of my work day was sort of like the beginning of yours today.  Being where we had the Foundation Center 50th Anniversary event put me more than half-way home and my boss agreed that it was silly for me to drive back to work for just a little while before leaving for the day.

Isn't it nice when things like that happen?  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2006, 06:22:09 PM »

PWOJECT WUNWAY is inching its way toward conclusion!!!  It won't be long now....

Which is what the monkey said when he got his tail caught in the fan.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »

Last week DRELMORE mentioned the documentary DVD titled BALLET RUSSES.  My copy arrived today, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

As a history of dance and culture, it is without question one of the finest documentaries I have EVER seen.

And the final interview snippet brought a tear to the eye for a day, a discipline, and a dance-ethic that has, unfortunately, disappeared forever.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2006, 06:25:39 PM »

Here is my dilema- my supervisor signed off on petty cash for me to order a few play therapy items for my office.  One of them was a wrestling ring (a small scale one of course), but a co-worker told me that there were extras and that I could have one.  But I already have the cash in hand- so the question is, do I give back the cash or get something else instead.  Fisherprice makes a lovely dollhouse which is $8 more than the wrestling ring I was going to buy.  But then the accounting will be all screwy and while I don't mind paying the extra out of pocket, I don't want to make an enemy of our office manager.  Maybe I will just make a toys r us run this weekend and see what I can find that costs 24.95...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2006, 06:25:46 PM »

And the stories!!!

The curtain comes down in the middle of a ballet - the performance ends.  Why?  So the musicians will not have to go into overtime.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »

DR TPUNK - nothing matters EXCEPT that the paperwork is right.....turn the money in, and make another request.  You will never regret it.

JRE - former State employee.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2006, 06:27:55 PM »

I tried resetting my iPod.  Hopefully that will eliminate the battery issues I've been having.

Ben

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2006, 06:28:43 PM »

Ginny, glad to hear the 50th Anniversary event went well. We are about to commence with many 50th Anniversary events, culminating in a shindig at the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian in the old Customs House down on Bowling Green at the end of Manhattan. We are having an "event" then our Board of Directors will have a private dinner. Staff is invited to the event but not the dinner.

Anthony isn't so much feeling better as feeling somehow relieved after seeing the doctor. He's still sick but at least he has a better idea of what's wrong.

We (actually I) had an old fashioned thermometer, the kind with mercury in the tip that you stick under your tongue. You then have to move it around to read where the mercury stopped. As I mentioned Anthony had a temperature of 102 yesterday and 101 today. I can read the thermometer because I'm used to it but earlier this evening he went into the bathroom and about 5 minutes later came out saying "how do you work this thing?" I guess when you're sick it's not fun trying to read a thin sliver of mercury. That was my cue to walk over to CVS and get one of them "new fangled" digital thermometers. It's battery operated and it gives you a reading in less than two minutes. All for just $5.99. I took his temperature and it's still too high, around 101 but at least if he wants to take his temperature tomorrow while I'm at work he can do it without going crazy. A nice bit of humor in a somewhat tedious day. I say that because tomorrow one of my sisters in Minnesota will be having surgery on her neck to relieve pressure on some discs. She will then be out of work for 4-6 weeks. Luckily, she has a very understanding boss and even though he's not required to, he will pay her salary for the 4-6 weeks while she's out.

The neurosurgeon said he's done the operation, literally, a thousand times and they have all turned out fine. Still, you can't help but worry just a little.

Anyway, enough of this. I'm going to bed and then to work in the morning.

Nite all!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2006, 06:29:23 PM »

DR TPUNK - nothing matters EXCEPT that the paperwork is right.....turn the money in, and make another request.  You will never regret it.

JRE - former State employee.

You're right.  Besides, I'm already getting everything I asked for so I shouldn't get greedy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »

You're right.  Besides, I'm already getting everything I asked for so I shouldn't get greedy.

Yes, I hope Willy Wonka taught you what happens to greedy girlies.  8)

Good surgery vibes for DR BEN's sister.  :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »

Actually the only way I would watch DANCING WITH THE STARS again would be if Joey and Mario partnered up in a paso doble.

And remember there are NO new federation steps!

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »

Last week DRELMORE mentioned the documentary DVD titled BALLET RUSSES.  My copy arrived today, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

As a history of dance and culture, it is without question one of the finest documentaries I have EVER seen.

And the final interview snippet brought a tear to the eye for a day, a discipline, and a dance-ethic that has, unfortunately, disappeared forever.

Along those same lines, DR JRand, here's a book I plucked off our new book shelf last week.  The subtitle is "...Stories from the Worlds of Ballet, Broadway, the Ballroom, and Modern Dance:

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2006, 06:39:29 PM »

Ain't bureaucracy grand?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2006, 06:39:57 PM »

There was an interesting article in today's DAILY NEWS about the Project Runway finale.  Laura comes off a such a sour grape.  And she wonders why everyone hates her!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ent_radio/story/462614p-389202c.html

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2006, 06:40:54 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back... almost...

Whew!

Well, at least I got all my clothes unpacked and washed from my cruise last week...

Otherwise, rehearsals for She Loves Me started yesterday, and I have to say - again - that I truly do love this show.  Such a charmer.  And "Dear Friend" still manages to produce a tear or two from my eyes.  After the darkness of Cabaret, She Loves Me is the perfect antidote to all that sturm und drang.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up