Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: RUNNING AMOK  (Read 36589 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:RUNNING AMOK
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2007, 01:30:08 PM »

I've spent the last few days cooking goodies for der Brucer to consume.

Onion soup, a la Julia Child.  Very good.

Roast duck, also a la Julia.  Not as good, a tad overdone.  (But her way of blanching Brussells sprouts before cooking them in butter worked quite well.)

Lamb chops, loaded with rosemary and garlic.

Tonight, I'm cooking what I want to eat.  I'm thinking of going Chinese.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »

Page seven Chinese dance from Fantasia.  But I don't have a pic, you'll just have to remember what it looked like.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

I am now officially out of Cherry Coke. So it's off to the grocery store.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »

I'm officially out of butter.  I'm blaming Julia.  (Sorry, Jose, better luck next time.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

Keep them vibes and xylophones coming because they're WORKING so far.  Heard from the techinician and he's on his way.  Yes, keep 'em coming and then maybe I can watch the Oscars in all their gory glory.

I've written a little over two pages.  I'm really enjoying the section I'm in - I've never really written the sort of conversation I'm writing, which involves two detectives.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:11 PM »

More vibes  and xylophones to BK and his tv technician. May the traffic be light and he have all the necessary answers and parts when he arrives

Ginny

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2007, 01:56:25 PM »

TV tech vibes for BK!

I'm also going to be able to watch the Oscars and attend the HHW partay more comfortably that I have in the past.  Now that we have a laptop, I can extend my internet cable into the family room, log on here using the iBook, and watch the show in color on the bigger TV.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

~~~Even More Vibes for BK's TV Troubles!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »

ANOTHER Musical version of Gone With the Wind[/i]??

::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »

The Gone With The Wind thing is all a publicist's dream - just to get names out in print - standard issue PR crap - they'll be on the boards in 2008?  Yeah - no writers, no composers, no lyricists = no show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »

No technician yet - he didn't speak very good English, which I hope is not a problem when he arrives, and I hope he arrives soon.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2007, 02:19:58 PM »

TV vibes to Mr. BK!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »

I've been catching up...

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »

Edi -
Callie is too busy enjoying her flakes to send her thanks directly, so I thought I'd send a photo of her enjoying them...don't let the look on Boo's face kid you, she doesn't eat flakes so she got other treats...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »

Good morning / afternoon/ evening!

We had a very strange performance of ANNE FRANK last night.  We had only been off since Tuesday's show, so we shouldn't have lost the pacing, but the whole performance seemed slow and a little bit forced.  Several Laurence-Olivier-why-don't you-try acting moments by me, and by other cast members.

The strangest thing about the evening was the audience.  We have gotten very positive reviews for the show, good word of mouth, and there have been several Anne Frank-related news stories the past couple of weeks.  So, we were a bit surprised when, instead of our almost sold-out houses of the last few weeks; we had instead about a half house for the show...

...And, they just sat there, staring at us for two-plus hours, like we were a touring exhibit of King Tut memorabilia.  No laughs, no intermission buzz, and a very subdued curtain call.  A very strange evening!

All of us who had done theater have had nights like that. Things that usually work beautifully don't work at all, and then you wonder, should I try harder to push for effects? Should I play as usual and let the chips fall where they may? Should I experiment with something totally new to see if they respond to that? Some nights are just off nights, and it's as much (or more) the audience than it is the actors and production.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »

Will we never get to page six.

We will and we did!

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2007, 02:33:02 PM »

Of course I send positive thoughts oin getting your TV fixed. I know how AWFUL it would be for me to be without my primary set, and the last time my lamp burned out, I was just getting ready to watch something in HD, and I had to go into the other room and watch it on the regular TV.

I had a spare lamp, but the old one was too hot to touch for at least an hour, so I let it cool down overnight and just "suffered" through regular TV until the next day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2007, 02:34:44 PM »

You see, you see - vibes worked beautifully.  Technician got here, removed the lamp, saw that the "connectors" were bent (which is why I had so much trouble getting the housing to go in) - he fixed them, put the housing in easily, and voila - I have my TV back, brighter than ever.

George

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

Of course I send positive thoughts oin getting your TV fixed. I know how AWFUL it would be for me to be without my primary set, and the last time my lamp burned out, I was just getting ready to watch something in HD, and I had to go into the other room and watch it on the regular TV.

I had a spare lamp, but the old one was too hot to touch for at least an hour, so I let it cool down overnight and just "suffered" through regular TV until the next day.

Don't you HATE it when that happens??

;)

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »

I watched the featurette on the making of MR> MOTO'S GAMBLE. I was one of those who always thought that Warner Oland died during the making of CHARLIE CHAN AT THE RINGSIDE, and it was just immediately switched to a MR. MOTO. That's not how it happened at all. In fact, Oland didn't die until five months after the release of MR. MOTO'S GAMBLE. The real story is actually very interesting, and it's the first time I've ever gotten the true story, so this was a very valuable featurette.

George

« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »

You see, you see - vibes worked beautifully.  Technician got here, removed the lamp, saw that the "connectors" were bent (which is why I had so much trouble getting the housing to go in) - he fixed them, put the housing in easily, and voila - I have my TV back, brighter than ever.

Congrats on the easy fix!! ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2007, 02:36:41 PM »

Don't you HATE it when that happens??

;)

I know. I'm the worst kind of spoiled. What can I say?   ::)

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »

Hooray, hooray!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2007, 02:38:32 PM »

Next, I finished KHARTOUM that I had started a couple of days ago. Ended up enjoying it, and I liked the main title of this movie a lot.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »

I should ask for repairman vibes on Monday.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »

I always love your Callie and Boo photos.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

Glad the tv was fixed quickly and easily.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2007, 02:40:15 PM »

Next, I put in ZIEGFELD FOLLIES and watched selected musical numbers. The Technicolor is just beautiful in this movie, very lush and deeply saturated. I skip all the comedy sequences. They aren't funny now (were they ever? well, Guzzler's Gin was at one time), and are painful to sit through.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »

I wondered where DR Sandra was. DS and I went for coffee and when we got home she was gone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

There are only 5 of us in the Oscar Picks on www.oscars.com. Join us, the more the merrier...

Oh! It's snowing the HUGE flakes...I love this kind of snow.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up