Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH NOTES  (Read 48056 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:SWEDISH NOTES
« Reply #420 on: June 13, 2007, 06:01:06 PM »

[size=10]15[/size]
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »

Would there be interest if I could release the original soundtrack recording of Jacques Demy's Une Chambre Un Ville (A Room In Town), a gorgeous 100 minutes of music, mostly sung ala Umbrellas of Cherbourg - the score is by Michel Columbier and it's absolutley gorgeous.

I would do it as a limited edition of maybe 1200 copies.  The sound is spectacular, but the film is virtually unknown - never had a US release and bombed in France.

This sounds interesting.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »

I really tried to make a trip to NY happen :'(

:'(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2007, 06:03:21 PM »

TCB-Keith loves Vegas and we should go someplace and leave Sherlock at home, just a short trip away to see how he does.  Thing is, we really don't want to go anywhere without him.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04:45 PM »

Culture Clash - A pleasant surprise:

On Saturday Woody got a letter summons for jury duty.

On Monday he called the number printed on the letter, spoke with a being of the human persuasion, and exlained that he couldn't do jury duty because he didn't drive.

"OK", said the human entity, "put that on the form and send it back."

That afternoon he mailed back the form.

Today he received a post card informing him that he has been excused from jury duty.

der Brucer

Sorry to ruin the mood up an "up" post :)

Nice of der Brucer to post about the postcard here.

Because I haven't seen it yet.

WHERE'S MY POSTCARD???
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »

Thanks Ginny.  The timing would have been perfect as I have cousins from Israel, I have never met, who will be in town that week.  It is a perfect excuse to go.  If only it weren't so soon after my other trips.

If I go to NY I have to go to Pennsylvania, and Craig's girlfriend is arriving on the 22nd.  I don't think they will want me visiting so soon.  On the upside I could have met her at the airport in NY & help her, and the cat, catch a connection to Pittsburgh.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

TCB-Keith loves Vegas and we should go someplace and leave Sherlock at home, just a short trip away to see how he does.  Thing is, we really don't want to go anywhere without him.

I can hardly blame you.  I am already feeling separation anxiety from Angel and Nicky, and I am not leaving for another two weeks.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from dinner with DR elmore, he of the 2-for-1 margaritas.  ;)  I, on the other hand, stuck with water for the duration of tonight's dinner.  In any case, as always, the conversation was sparkling and dishy, and the company was the same. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #428 on: June 13, 2007, 06:26:01 PM »

Plus to book a flight right now is extremely pricey-$800 - $1400.  I haven't even looked at hotels.  I do have an invite to stay in Brooklyn.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »

How about THE INTERNATIONALE? Or Montaldo's SACCO AND VANZETTI? Or even THE MALE ANIMAL?
Better match - Big Night.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2007, 06:40:28 PM »

I did make a stop at Cafe Lalo on the way back from dinner, and, sadly(?), I think it will be my last.  I was a little apprehensive about stopping there tonight after my last less-than-ideal experience there last time, but since I wanted some cookies, well...

-After the woman at the counter reminded me that she had to give my ticket to the waiter (so that they could get my cookies from the case), she proceeded to talk to one of the bus-boys for a bit... and then to one of the managers... and just chit-chat from what I could tell.  -And then she looked at my ticket that was still in her hand.... Oooohhh...

-The guy who was getting the cookies from the case could not find the correct bins with the cookies I wanted - there were three different ones I had asked for.  I began pointing to the case, and speaking up a bit, but he couldn't hear me.  Then when he checked back with the cashier, she told me, "Oh, we don't have those."  -I then informed her that, "Yes, you do," and proceeded to point to the proper bins - which were labeled.

-When I finally got rang up, the cashier "apologized", "Oh, sometimes they bins aren't labeled properly."  -Whatever...

-I made a quick peek in the bag just to make sure three cookies were in there, and left.  Well... I guess I should have made a closer inspection.  I had ordered three different types of cookies:  Chocolate Chip Anise, Espresso Chocolate Chip Walnut, and Mango-Coconut-Macadamia.  Well, I think I got the Chocolate Chip Anise - it was so crumbly and dry - and old(!) - that I really couldn't tasted anything, but I could see that there were chocolate chips in it.  As for the other two cookies, well, I think I ended up with two more of the same.  :-\

...And I just knew it wasn't going to be worth the effort to head back there to correct my order. Instead, I just won't go back.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »

MBarnum are you flying on JetBlue to NY?  

Jane

« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2007, 06:42:56 PM »

Jose I hate when that happens.

Cillaliz

« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
The Lease Has Been Signed! The Funds Are Being Wired!
[/move]
Of course, nothing's finished yet . . .

Congrats, must have been the Kleenex for Men that did it

Cillaliz

« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »

I like Swedish Meatballs but that looks like Puke on Pasta!

That's exactly what I was thinking LOL!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »

I apologize if someone already mentioned this, but today is not Flag Day, tomorrow is.  My sister was born on Flag Day so I never forget the date.

Flag Day is the anniversary of my divorce, I never forget it either   ;D   This will be the 18th anniversary of my divorce!

Cillaliz

« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »

Thanks for the travel vibes, they must have been at work as we came in for our landing in Orlando. I was listening to the cockpit - tower (it was on Ted -United- Airlines) We were diverted around weather a couple times and then when we were getting ready to come in the tower said there was a wind sheer warning and some microbursts going on. You could see it out the window. The tower asked the pilot if he was still going to land and he said, "yes I'll keep an eye on it"   So, we descended and you could feel the wind pick up dramatically, we tipped to the right a bit then landed just fine.  Seconds later we were in the microburst, a downpour, 60 mph winds and golf ball sized hail!!!  You couldn't see any farther than a few feet out the window.   The tower told the pilot to take his time as no one was cleared to do anything, we were the only game in town.   So he inched along the runway and finally turned left to go to the terminal.  The hail was bouncing off of us like crazy.  

We got close to the terminal and couldn't go the rest of the way because of lightning and the storm.  We ended up sitting on the tarmack for an hour before we could get off the plane and go into the terminal.  The pilot came back to the cabin immediately and told us everything that had been going on, that he could see that he was going to just beat the storm.  You could tell it had been a bit hairy for him, but he was fabulous.   They kept us well informed, kept the air running the entire hour.  The captain let the kids in the plane tour the cockpit.  It was really pretty cool

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2007, 07:18:40 PM »

Der Brucer is becoming a reality TV addict.

But not just any reality TV.  He's specializing.

First, he discovered Next Food TV Star.

Next, he discovered Hell's Kitchen.

Now, he's starting to watch Top Chef, on Bravo.

I hope he doesn't expect me to cook like that.  Not and keep my day job, at least.

Jane

« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »

Good for the Captain!!!!  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2007, 07:20:11 PM »

I did make a stop at Cafe Lalo on the way back from dinner, and, sadly(?), I think it will be my last.  I was a little apprehensive about stopping there tonight after my last less-than-ideal experience there last time, but since I wanted some cookies, well...

-After the woman at the counter reminded me that she had to give my ticket to the waiter (so that they could get my cookies from the case), she proceeded to talk to one of the bus-boys for a bit... and then to one of the managers... and just chit-chat from what I could tell.  -And then she looked at my ticket that was still in her hand.... Oooohhh...

-The guy who was getting the cookies from the case could not find the correct bins with the cookies I wanted - there were three different ones I had asked for.  I began pointing to the case, and speaking up a bit, but he couldn't hear me.  Then when he checked back with the cashier, she told me, "Oh, we don't have those."  -I then informed her that, "Yes, you do," and proceeded to point to the proper bins - which were labeled.

-When I finally got rang up, the cashier "apologized", "Oh, sometimes they bins aren't labeled properly."  -Whatever...

-I made a quick peek in the bag just to make sure three cookies were in there, and left.  Well... I guess I should have made a closer inspection.  I had ordered three different types of cookies:  Chocolate Chip Anise, Espresso Chocolate Chip Walnut, and Mango-Coconut-Macadamia.  Well, I think I got the Chocolate Chip Anise - it was so crumbly and dry - and old(!) - that I really couldn't tasted anything, but I could see that there were chocolate chips in it.  As for the other two cookies, well, I think I ended up with two more of the same.  :-\

...And I just knew it wasn't going to be worth the effort to head back there to correct my order. Instead, I just won't go back.
Can one of us forward this to them?

Minus any identification as to your identity, of course.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »

Flag Day is the anniversary of my divorce, I never forget it either   ;D   This will be the 18th anniversary of my divorce!
So, do you celebrate with a checkerd flag?

;)

Jane

« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »

My mother was born on June 16th.  In the past this was a difficult time of year for me.  I haven't forgotten the dates but they are no longer painful for me as they were in the past.  

Jane

« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »

'night

George

« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »

Good night, Jane.  It's time for me to leave work.  I don't have rehearsal, but I'm not going right home, though.  My sister wants me to come over and put up a new light fixture in her bathroom.  This wouldn't be much of a problem except that the hole in the wall where all the wires come out isn't centered above her mirror and the light bar only has a specific spot where the wires can go in!  I hate it when that happens. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2007, 07:32:44 PM »

My mother was born on June 16th.  In the past this was a difficult time of year for me.  I haven't forgotten the dates but they are no longer painful for me as they were in the past.  

Jane, my mom's birthday is June 16th, also.  We're planning a surprise party.  She knows that we're having a barbecue, but she thinks that it's going to be a birthday/Father's Day combo on Sunday.  We're actually having some of my parents' friends come over on Saturday to surprise her. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2007, 07:32:53 PM »

Can one of us forward this to them?

Minus any identification as to your identity, of course.

Well, sadly, Cafe Lalo has been in a slow but steady decline every since its popularity peaked after it was featured in "You've Got Mail".  Strangely enough, the thing that made them famous - their pastries, pies and cakes - have become very pedestrian.  Meanwhile, their "real food" offerings have gotten better.  -Their cheese course selection is quite good and quite a nice deal too.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »

I want to get a little more shut-eye - my alarm is set for two in the morning!  Tomorrow is going to be very interesting, as far as work goes.  I've never started at four AM before.  (And Jim, the night shift manager, is well known for his cheerful personality - NOT!)

Michael

« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2007, 07:54:26 PM »

Correct.

Speaking of a reissue, though, I'm currently thinking about reissuing Classical Broadway, which is classical chamber music by Charles Strouse, Cy Coleman, John Kander, and Harvey Schmidt.  Would there be interest?

It is a wonderful album and I recommend it highly!!
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2007, 08:03:36 PM »

Wow, that's my dad's birthday. He'll be 79

Cillaliz

« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »

I just watched the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. It's a long way from here, but I could see some of them on the horizon.  It made me realize I don't really have my bearings yet, lol, I was looking for them in the opposite direction
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up