Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WHELMED AND OVERWHELMED  (Read 33820 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:WHELMED AND OVERWHELMED
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »

Actually, SF was at one time a jovial guy who added a lot to the fun that was once had at rec.arts.theatre.musicals.  But sometime over the past five years or so he became a big stick in the mud.  I don't get it either.

He's polite on the CastRecording List or at least well-behaved but his hostility and general sense of superiority and condescension comes through loud and clear in his aggressively hostile private emails. I find  on the rec.arts. list his rudeness and constant bitchery - making a person feel like an oaf for a typo in which countries becomes counties, for example - truly ugly, even demented. Why would the U of Toronto want him around?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:35:09 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2007, 01:33:49 PM »

Ironic speaking of Bill Maher since he was one of the guest stars in the second MURDER SHE WROTE episode I watched today. In this one, a young actress is killed impersonating the sister of the twon librarian. Among the guest stars in addition to Maher were Roddy McDowell, Christopher Stone and wife Dee Wallce Stone, and Brad Dourif playing an exorcist!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »

And now, back to Home Depot. I have a toilet seat to schlep to Sardi's!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

Next, I rewatched Monday night's THE CLOSER. I had forgotten to comment on the splendidly funny performance by David Zayas. This is a long way from the usual menacing, threatening parts he often plays. (BTW, I hope he'll be back on DEXTER this season; his character got badly injured in an episode late in the run.)

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »

I had forgotten that I had set the DVR to record Tony Randall in THE ALPHABET MURDERS. It's a bust as far as retelling Agatha Christie's superior The ABC MURDERS on film, but I haven't seen it in a long time and wanted to see it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »

My CULT CLASS sets came today, and I'll spend this evening watching ZERO HOUR! I think.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »

Now, Jane -- you can't just say that and then leave.

;D  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2007, 01:51:35 PM »

I thought it was 5:00 and I was wrong.  I'll shortly leave to return to Home Depot.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2007, 01:54:51 PM »

Weren't we talking about the film of THE WHIZ just the other day?

An English remake of Taxi Zum Klo?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

I see the U of Toronto Horse's Ass Mr Farrow, who reminds me of Faye Dunaway in CHINATOWN ("I'm Brit/I'm Canadian/I'm Brit") has once again confirmed his low opinion of the general American mentality in all things, from politicis to tourists. I haven't figured out why he's so vitriolic on the  rec.arts.theatre Google site and so publicly polite but privately hostile on the Cast Recording List. Was he as charmless here when he was a regular poster?

I don't recall a Steven Farrow here -- what was his posting name?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »

Opening night vibes to Boo-Key and George!

Thanks, Jane!  Last night's rehearsal went fairly well (at least, for me ;)) and tonight we will have an invited audience.  That will change EVERYTHING!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2007, 02:06:37 PM »

I don't know that Farrow was ever a regular poster. He may have put one or two posts up before the board turned to the current format but he didn't post with any regularity. He is now just a registered user but he has never made any posts in the new format, that I recall. I don't remember his user name now but I think Farrow is part of it.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »

...rudeness and constant bitchery - making a person feel like an oaf for a typo in which countries becomes counties, for example - truly ugly, even demented.

Now wait just one minute! I resent....
Oh....
You were posting about someone else...
Nevermind.

der brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »

Chili today - hot tamale.

Actually hot today.....to be truthful.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »

Getting so many DVD's in the mail in one day makes it hard to decide what to watch!!

ZERO HOUR seems like a good choice, although THE BIG CUBE and TROG are  in hot contention.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

Heading down now to clean the den and then get back to TV viewing. In order - THE FAMILY STONE, ZERO HOUR, and the the continuation of THE ALPHABET MURDERS.

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »

Getting so many DVD's in the mail in one day makes it hard to decide what to watch!!

ZERO HOUR seems like a good choice, although THE BIG CUBE and TROG are  in hot contention.

I had the same problem. I do want to see LAND OF THE PHAROAHS and Zsa Zsa's epic, too. Also CAGED is very tempting.

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2007, 02:15:49 PM »

Now, off to do the daily cleaning chore.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2007, 02:16:20 PM »

Why do people come at dinner time and stay and stay and stay.....and stay?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2007, 02:16:44 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ's last day at her old job will be over VERY soon....or has just ended.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »

DR ELMORE will be carrying a toilet seat into Sardi's?

I tell you, when it comes to class, we here at HHW are the first hogs to the trough.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE is on tonight.

Please please please....let's send Cedric the Destroyer home this week.  Please.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Power Outage Shuts Trains, Traffic Lights in NYC Neighborhood

A power outage darkened a large swath of Manhattan and the Bronx on Wednesday, knocking out traffic lights, cutting subway service and forcing the evacuation of the Metropolitan Museum of Art on one of the hottest days of the year.

"The entire neighborhood is out," said Phil Quintana, a building superintendent on 94th Street on the Upper East Side.

Con Edison said the blackout affected 136,700 customers in all, or more than 500,000 people.

The cause was under investigation, but spokesman Chris Olert said it was some sort of transmission disturbance. He didn't know whether the heat was a factor. "We won't even speculate on the cause yet," Olert said.

The city was in the second day of temperatures well over 90 degrees.

The outage stretched from the east side of Manhattan to the Bronx. The office of the Bronx borough president said multiple spots were affected, including the area around Yankee Stadium.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art was evacuated around 4 p.m. and visitors were forced to sit on the outside steps in the sweltering heat. The street lights up and down Fifth Avenue were dark.

The power outage caused suspensions and delays along the city's subways. New York City Transit spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said the trouble started at 3:40 p.m.

At Gristede's Pharmacy at Lexington and 89th Street, power was out for a half hour until about 4:20. They operated on emergency generator.

"People came in off the street and we were selling flashlights, bottled water, candles, ice," said Barry Newman, the supervising pharmacist.

He said the traffic lights were off on the street, "and people stood outside their apartment buildings, looking nervous. Everyone was saying, 'What's going on? What's going on?"'

The Metro-North commuter railroad, which serves the northern suburbs, had to reduce the number of trains it was using, resulting in delays and crowded trains as the evening rush-hour approached, said spokeswoman Marjorie Anders.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2007, 02:51:15 PM »

I don't remember Mr. Farrow posting here, and certainly NEVER on this board.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »

Back from Vinnie's and we're now finished with Susan's CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »

And our latest Kritzerland release - Taking A Chance On Love: Milla Ilieva Live On Valentine's Day is now up for preorder at www.kritzerland.com.  You'll see the cover art, hear sample tracks and all that jazz.  Who will be the first?

Tomovoz

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »

David Campbell has been appearing on a season of "It Takes Two" - the vocal equivalent of the "Dancing" competition show where "celebrities" not known for their singing are "trained" by successful vocalists.  He and his partner have I believe, made  to the final.

David has appeared in short season productions here in Melbourne of Carousel and Sunset Boulevard over the last few years. DR Jose has a copy of his last CD.  DR td may have more up to date information.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »

And I'll be schlepping a goddam toilet seat since I bought the wrong size at fucking Home Depot!

Shoot! I almost warned you that there were two different sizes but since you were looking on line...

They have regular and "elongated", which fits the more modern toilets. Was that the problem?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »

Bill Maher can claim he likes her, but I think her madness and hatred is something he likes playing off of to keep the show hopping. I'm sure he knows she could turn on him in a second and publicly wish him dead as well, and I'm sure her narcissism is flattered by having such a public forum on which to spout her lunacy.

I don't know if it's true (it IS Wikipedia, after all) but it say there that she dated Maher. Given the stories I've heard about him, he would be willing to overlook any mental deficiencies if a woman was hot.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:03 PM »

David Campbell has been appearing on a season of "It Takes Two" - the vocal equivalent of the "Dancing" competition show where "celebrities" not known for their singing are "trained" by successful vocalists.  He and his partner have I believe, made  to the final.

David has appeared in short season productions here in Melbourne of Carousel and Sunset Boulevard over the last few years. DR Jose has a copy of his last CD.  DR td may have more up to date information.

I have no further information.
I firmly believe that Mr. C.'s recording of "The Waters of March" is nigh onto definitive.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up