Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HOT NUTS  (Read 32385 times)

FJL

Re:HOT NUTS
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »

MBarnum - So sorry to hear about your loss

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

...I've seen high school and community theatre directed by people who have no theatrical skills...

Anyone I know, per chance  ;) ?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »

L'Iceberg should be live soon.  In the meantime, those interested can probably preview it here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?___f=preview&ID=30334&___m=%27L%27+Iceberg%27+has+been+added+to+the+queue%21&___rd=1
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »

TOD: Cashews, pistachios and almonds
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »

GOod day to one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »

Hello,

I am writing for Michael.

He was in a car accident on Thursday.

He suffered minor injuries. A burn on the arm was the worst of it.

He is just really sore all over.

He will be back when he is feeling better

Thank you for the information...

Many vibes for a quick recovery and a speedy return!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »

Tonight is the premiere of John Barrowman's new series TORCHWOOD on BBC-America. I have set my DVR to record it since I'm not sure if I'll be home or not. It's based on the bisexual character he played on DOCTOR WHO, so it might be something unique to watch.

I have seen it already. I like his character, Captain Jack Harkness.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:02:35 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »

Condolences MBarnum on the loss of your freind...

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »

Yes. Directed by Oliver Stone but not, according to reviews I've read, in his usual hallucinogenic style.

I didn't see that one

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2007, 12:36:38 PM »

Or maybe CILLALIZ means that she remembers 9/11 week, which I can understand.

See what happens when you reply without first catching up on the posts??

I remember that it was Tuesday September 11, 2001 and this year September 11 falls on a Tuesday.  It's the first time it's been on a Tuesday since 2001.  It was also an election day in New York City...another reason I remember it was a Tuesday
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:44:48 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »

DR MBarnum, I am so sorry for you loss.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2007, 12:43:03 PM »

Sadly, the young man playing The Boy, died a few years later; as so many talented young men did in the 1980s.

So true...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

I forgot to mention that I finally did get to Thursday's AS THE WORLD TURNS episode. It did contain the gay storyline, and it was kind of entertaining. Luke found another gay student in one of his classes and they had a coffee date. All it this seen by Noah who, naturally, is jealous but denies his feelings. Meanwhile Noah's military father, all sputtering prejudice and proud of his son for moving in with a girl, continues to sicken.

In someways this has been an interesting storyline and other times it has bothered me. I do recall those scenes MattH from Thursday.

I am glad they have some decent writers writing it and not some hack job.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, that was painless.  Relatively. ;)

We had 45 people auditioning for grad school programs this morning.  There were about 15 colleges and universities in a attendance.  Sadly, I believe there were a few people this morning who may have ended up not getting a "callback' or interview this afternoon.

-I mean... You're auditioning for graduate school.  You're auditioning for possible scholarship money... So.... Why they hell would you come into this morning's audition so amazingly and appallingly unprepared?!?!?!?

After my initial briefing, I ran a group warm-up, and then went ahead and took a sneak-peak at the music they were singing for their auditions.  I was able to check tempos ahead of time, and we ran the first couple of measures of each song.  Well, more than one person came up to the piano, asked me to play their intro, then commented, "Could you play that again?  That's the first time I've heard that."  WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?  And, of course, it sounded like it was the first time they had even practiced with an accompanist.  Some people didn't realize their cuts were wrong, bad or awkward.  Others did not realize that their music was in the wrong key - that it was not in the same key as the cast recording.  And others were obviously to emulate a certain rendition of the song that had no relation to the music they put in front of me.  -Or all of the above.

Not only do I question the students who came in unprepared, but I also have to question the faculty member(s) who advised and coached them.  And signed their forms!  It's something that always makes me mad - STOP wasting your student's money!  Don't "make" them pay registration fees, buy plane tickets and pay for hotel rooms unless they're going to have a positive experience.  Not only are you doing a disservice to your students, but you're also doing a disservice to your school and your program.

Jose, I could not agree with you more on the last paragraph. DBF was involved for a couple of weeks helping go through portfolios for gradschool and there were a few that were so sad that it was not even funny. It is if their schools and advisors did not even address quality work to get into grad school.

Another acquaintance who is at a school in Illinois has echoed the same thing. This acquaintance also commented that many kids do not know how to project their voice so the audience can hear you and in some cases they cant even sing.

He blames reality television in some regards and shows like American Idol and sheer laziness.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:56:00 PM by DakotaCelt »

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »

I'm a litte disconcerted right now. A friend called to tell me she had heard a local lawyer who I work with quite a bit was killed in an auto accident last night.  We both got on our computers and started checking and checking and can't find any mention of an accident in any of the surrounding states, so either it isn't true, it happened somewhere else or it hasn't been reported yet.  I'd really like to know, but am not sure how to go about it.   I guess I'll just have to wait

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »

This month has been disconcerting at times...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:07:42 PM by DakotaCelt »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »

DR MBARNUM

My condolences on your loss

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »

Very slow day on this here site

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »

Can we reach Page SEVEN???

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

Good day Mr. Brockman...

It is slow... I was just about to wander off and do a bit of reading. I trust the day is good for you.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »

Probably with a little help from our friends

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2007, 01:14:05 PM »

Tis is true, tis is true...

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2007, 01:16:43 PM »

Dakota Celt-

The day is fine with me. It's just too darn Hot-To borrow from Mr. Cole Porter

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2007, 01:17:34 PM »

MattH, was perusing one of the soap message boards...

Today's buzz: Days star arrested for nudity on Florida beach...

Now back to the regularly scheduled chat and discussions about music, theatre, film, cats and blaming Jose!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »

Could use some heat up here...

BTW, you look very distinguished in your avatar..

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »

We are stuck on--stuck on---stuck on- s-t-u-c-k  o-n Page SIX

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

This is quieter than Labor Day Weekend

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »

Could use some heat up here...

BTW, you look very distinguished in your avatar..

I'll send some heat in your direction.

And by the way,thank you for your kind words

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

Hopefully 7 is just around the corner...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »

MSUM did staging of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". That was a fun show to watch...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up