Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HOT NUTS  (Read 31280 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HOT NUTS
« on: September 07, 2007, 10:46:33 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were hot and a little nutty, and now it is time for you to post until the hot and nutty cows come home.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:21:39 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:HOT NUTS
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:48:39 PM »

And the word of the day is: FOGRUM!

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »

I was only able to stick around for two-and-a-half hours of the Friday rehearsal, but clearly these are the Merman and Martin of our time, great fun and having a ball with each other.  No wonder BK had them in to record for him again and again.

Joy's off to some Southern city called Charlotte or some such thing.  I get the name confused with Charlottesville and then start thinking of Sheldon Harnick's Charleston-You've Got Me in a State
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 11:20:15 PM »

Prop vibes for bk!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 11:23:14 PM »

Pain free vibes for TCB!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:05:38 AM »

DR JRand57 - Glad to hear that your second night went so well, considering the last minute substitution.

Did the phone ring properly? And the tea kettle whistle?  :)

singdaw

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:06:36 AM »

DR JoseSPiano, glad you arrived safely.  Sorry you found the rehearsal a bit of a challenge.  But it is very good that the management likes you!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:07:22 AM »

***PROP VIBES***
to bk and the company of The Brain

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »

TOD:  When I'm on the run, or when I know it'll be a while between meals, I often take some roasted, unsalted almonds with me for a little protein snack.

singdaw

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 03:14:10 AM »

If you love Avenue Q, you should really see THIS!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 04:44:22 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm trying to decide if I want to order room service.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 04:44:54 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Almonds, Almonds, Almonds.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 04:48:21 AM »

-And when I feel like splurging, I will buy a small container of Marcona Almonds.  Soooo good.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 04:49:02 AM »

RE: Big Brother live feed spoilers

DR Cillliz re: what you wrote last night.

You mentioned that you would be very disappointed if zach or jameka won. (Zach is hoh. He nominated daniele and dick.)  Did you mean you would be disappointed if zach or jameka won the game?  Or did you mean you would be disappointed if zach or jameka won pov meaning daniele (or i guess dick) would go home this week?

I'm assuming you meant the former.

Personally i really really really hope that zach or jameka win pov. I will be quite disappointed if they don't. Apparently it was a close hoh (59 to 58 for zach over dani). And she was devastated. She was whining for the entire night.

Actually i don't love zach or jameka. But since they are all that is left i really want one of them to win. Right now it would be jameka first.

I was not at all impressed with zach after thursday. But he's growing in my eyes for teaming with jameka. I love this team!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 04:49:59 AM »

And since I have not ordered room service, I believe it is time for me to get ready for my day - which ends around 12:30 today, so...

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 05:30:16 AM »

TOD: I particularly like almonds, but plain, not sugared.

I buy more peanuts than anything, though. But then I put them out for the birds.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 05:30:48 AM »

I think I shall go for a walk. Perhaps I shall have some photos to share when I return.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 05:32:55 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this wonderful day?  I slept okay, had strange dreams and am now shaved and responding to e-mails.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 05:36:01 AM »

Good Morning. I'm in the midst of a work flurry. I've been in since 6am and took a quick break to say hello.

That is all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 05:42:15 AM »

Hi, Ben - no, don't look at me, please, not just yet...

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 05:54:31 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's an information-waitressing day for me.

I see from yesterday's posts that I owe some vibes to:

DR Edi - for your move and for your dad's health

DR DearReaderLaura - for your wedding anniversary

Our birthday celebration for DS Rob went well, but was somewhat dampened by concern for Richard's mother and for my aunt.  My mother was able to join us and even brought the wine.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 06:02:06 AM »

We're still on page one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 06:02:38 AM »

That hasn't happened in ages?  Of course, yesterday we had close to six hundred postings so perhaps everyone is exhausted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 06:37:29 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 07:09:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late, which I needed, and I am going to finish this morning the Exit Music for "The Brain." The MD and I decided yesterday to use the "All About Men" dance break, but since we never finish the refrain with the band - DR Cason resumes the song - I need to put the rest of the number together.  We think it will send the audience out in a happy mood, although I think with all the silliness and fun of everythng before, you'd be westcoastdrama to not be already in a happy mood.

Yesterday morning, at rehearsal, when we got to the finale of the show, I got a bit teary thinking about how wonderful this cast was and how much I will miss this show again when it's over in three more weeks.

After I finish the Exit Music, I will deal a bit with my editorial guidelines: tomorrow I have to finish them as promised, so I'll throw everything I've written so far together, see how it stands, and add the new materials I need to cover.

BK, I'm glad you enjoyed THE FANTASTICKS; did you see my goddaughter Charlotte's infatuation Mr Nick Spangler as Matt?  He's a good guy, and I think he might be in one of the NYMF shows. I should ask him.  I first saw THE FANTASTICKS, directed by Word Baker with a cast of off-Broadway replacements, a week before I entered college. It was the final summer production at the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park on a cool early September night, and now - whenever I see the show and the imaginative sound of harp and piano begins - I turn 17 again and for two and a half hours the whole world lies before me.

TOD: almonds, almost any way shape and form.
         And pecan pie!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:24:37 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 07:19:10 AM »

TOD - cashews, almonds, pecans.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 07:23:50 AM »

Of course, I nee to add, I do not for a second believe that "The Brain" will end in three weeks, only this round of it.

And I will miss it until the next stage begins.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »

RE: Big Brother live feed spoilers

DR Cillliz re: what you wrote last night.

You mentioned that you would be very disappointed if zach or jameka won. (Zach is hoh. He nominated daniele and dick.)  Did you mean you would be disappointed if zach or jameka won the game?  Or did you mean you would be disappointed if zach or jameka won pov meaning daniele (or i guess dick) would go home this week?

I'm assuming you meant the former.

Personally i really really really hope that zach or jameka win pov. I will be quite disappointed if they don't. Apparently it was a close hoh (59 to 58 for zach over dani). And she was devastated. She was whining for the entire night.

Actually i don't love zach or jameka. But since they are all that is left i really want one of them to win. Right now it would be jameka first.

I was not at all impressed with zach after thursday. But he's growing in my eyes for teaming with jameka. I love this team!

I don't want them to win the game, but that's because I really do like Dick and Danielle.  I think Jameka has used her religion to try to look good. She obviously made a "deal with the devil" to stay in the house. That didn't seem to bother her.   Zach lies to everyone and alines with whoever is in power. That's actually a decent strategy on BB.

I prefer to see the people who were up front about what they are doing - even if it's lying - win the game rather than those who floated through the game.  I think D and D were pretty up front and the fact they are final 4 really cracks me up.  I think Zach and Jameka are floaters.  

I also said it because I know how you hate Dick and Danielle and I must admit that sometimes I say things just to yank your chain  ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:30:03 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 07:32:49 AM »

I have to very quickly decide if I'm going to enroll in a pop art class that Paul is teaching for 4 Saturdays.  I'll miss the last class because I'll be in New York, but he said the last class is a "do your own thing" class, so I could do that without being there.  

Hmmmm  It's a hands on thing which could be fun...on the other hand. At 8:30 AM he still hadn't decided how he was going to teach the class that starts at 10:00 AM.  Maybe I'll wait and do it the next time he teaches it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:33:42 AM by Cillaliz »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 07:33:32 AM »

Now that my dear friend Mr Gilfry is heading back to LA, I thought I'd do a bit of pimping for him, if any of your DRs are interested in hearing him or seeing him.

He's featured with Audra McDonald and Kim Criswell on this recording of WONDERFUL TOWN.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up