Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAGIC BUTTON  (Read 32107 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE MAGIC BUTTON
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »

I'm glad tonight's a good TV night.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »

[size=8] PAGE 4 [/size]

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:52:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Kerry.

And all who need them!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:31 AM »

Up earlier than I wanted to be - very stuffed up, nose-wise - I think a little allergy attack.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »

Will we never get to page five?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »

Oh, sweet Jeanne (do you have light brown hair?):  Not everything.

Please say you won't believe EVERYthing.

:)

My dear, I grew up on movie sets, which I believe accounts for my rather "unusual" slant on some things.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57:23 AM »

I watched PWOJECT WUNWAY last night and almost fell out of my chair when Chris March took Tim gunn to his friend Larry's apartment and it was my friend Larry Vrba's place.  I intrpduced him to our DR Jose at the December NYCGMC concert. Larry does stage jewelry; he worked on the jewelry for the original production of FOLLIES. Since they had four designersl last year, I thought this year's decision was rather unfair

I was in the kitchen when Chris took Tim to that apartment.  When I heard him say his friend's name, I ran to the living room and hoped it was YOU.  Not that I suspect you would have kept such a huge secret from us!

What a PLACE!  I saw Tony Duquette's name on something in one of those rooms.  

[size=8]PWOJECT WUNWAY Spoilage[/size]

You will be happy to learn, I think, that although only three of the designers showed -- IN COMPETITION -- at fashion week, the show actually sent five designers.  The other two were Chris and Sweet P!  I'm sure each of them was thrilled to be able to show a collection.

If you would like to SEE each of the collections shown, I'd be interested in reading what anyone thinks about each designer's "line."  Personally, I think Chris and Sweet P outdid Rami and Christian...but horses for courses.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:01:28 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »

Continued casting vibes to BK!

Will you tell us more about the new Zubrick, Bruce?

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »

LOST SPOILERS

LOST SPOILERS

DISCUSSION ABOUT LAST WEEK'S LOST

DR Jenniffer - That "Lost" blurb makes sense to me.  I'm not sure how true it is, but it does make sense.  And in the previews for this week, I was left wondering the same question that the blurb poses.

Okay i've read everybody's comments about the blurb i've posted. DR Jose are you going to explain how it makes sense to you? :)

DR SWW, LOST airs in Canada exactly the same way it airs in the US.

We get ABC. So we get the old show at 8pm followed by the new one.

However we also have CTV which only airs the new one at 9pm.

The only part that is different i think is that we don't actually get the ABC commercials. So I think the previews we get at the end might be different, since we are on a different feed.

Btw, i had no idea they were doing pop-ups for the 8pm show. I saw the pop-ups they did for last year's finale and found it quite interesting.

Btw2, for DR MattH, re: my blurb. Ben was the person i immediately thought of. But it just doesn't make perfect sense to me. Since we learned that 2 weeks ago.a nd since he was not on the flight.

And re: the Oceanic 6 vs 8. I think that kate and jack are saying 8 people survived the crash and now 6 are home. And maybe one dead in that casket. I didn't really think the 8 had anything to do with the blurb. Since one or more could have died on the island.

I just found it odd that the writer wrote something as if people who watched would know what he was talking about. And i'd say we are pretty avid viewers here. And we are confused! :)

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »

Thanks, DR Jeanne!   :)

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »

DR Kerry - thoughts and vibes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »

Must do some work.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

LOST SPOILERS

LOST SPOILERS

I just found it odd that the writer wrote something as if people who watched would know what he was talking about. And i'd say we are pretty avid viewers here. And we are confused! :)

I'm not.

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2008, 09:03:41 AM »

My dear, I grew up on movie sets, which I believe accounts for my rather "unusual" slant on some things.

As well as accounting for why you are prone to break into song and dance at the drop of a hat!  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2008, 09:03:55 AM »

RE: Something I did not know before

I did not know that Anaheim Hills is not an incorporated city in Orange County until yesterday.

I'd seen Anaheim Hills listed in the Thomas Brothers Guide...

(that's a famous brand of maps in California, which instead of folding out and creating confusion comes in a spiral-bound book which creates it's own kind of confusion)

...with it's own distinct coloration, so I'd always thought it was a city unto itself.

T'ain't.

It turns out that Anaheim Hills is actually part of Anaheim, a sub-section of the larger city.

The reason I was doing this digging was because I was trying to locate restaurants near the Chance Theater, where our esteemed BK is spending so much of his time.  I thought one dining experience at Red Robin would be enough for him, so giving him a list of other options might be nice.

The problem is, if one looks up Anaheim Hills, the place doesn't really exist.

But if one looks up Anaheim, which certainly does really exist, most of what one finds is geared to the theme parks and all the hospitality associated with them.  Picking out the stuff on the eastern side of the city, the so-called Anaheim Hills, ain't so easy to do.

I need to re-think how I'm going about this, find a better search engine.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »

For me on tv tonight i will watch SURVIVOR and APPRENTICE. And record IDOL and LOST, and ELI STONE.

Btw, re: IDOL last night. There are a few more women i like than men.

I can't say that i loved anyone's performance last night. But there are some who i actually really think i could like a lot.

Carly. Has a great voice. I loved her in auditions. And i'm not sure if i just like her less since all that publicity came out about her. But i think she could go far.

Kady malloy. I agree with simon. She shows so much personality in her interviews. I just think she has a good voice and could do very well. I really like her, even though her performances have not been stellar.

Another who i like is alaina. I don't think she did well last night. But her personality sparkles. And i agree with simon again. I think she could be a darkhorse if she starts to pick better songs.

One performance i really liked last night was Brooke. Do i think she will win? No. But i thought she picked the perfect song and sang it well. I really enjoyed watching her.

I think alexandra will probably be gone tonight. And my other guess would be amanda.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »

Thanks for the PROJECT RUNWAY big spoilers DR RONP. I appreciate it a lot! (and other people who did it too).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »

As well as accounting for why you are prone to break into song and dance at the drop of a hat!  ;)

She grew up on those sets...and I grew up watching the movies filmed on those sets.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »

[size=8] More LOST Spoilers[/size]

Of course they 6 came from the 8. Couldn't be otherwise, but as *I* said, it's UNKNOWN at this time why Kate and Jack have cooked up this story about 8 survivors when there were so many more than that. We have NO idea what's going to happen to the islanders during the rest of this season and the final two seasons already contracted.

I've wondered whether this is a Jack/Kate thing or whether it was something the "6" agreed to when they were given a chance to return.  Perhaps the remaining survivors (however many "they" were at the time the "6" were actually returned) elected to stay behind.  Or perhaps they were "unrescuable"???  Out of 40-plus who DID survive, we know that 6 returned to civilization.  We just don't know yet...WHY!

[size=8]End SPOILER[/size]

Kerry

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:07 AM »

Thanks for all the good vibes.  They must have worked, because I got a human being to cooperate (somewhat)-- at least enough to solve the immediate problem.

AND I get to see Sugar tomorrow.  Dog kisses willl improve anything!!!!!!!!
I still have miles to go before I sleep, however.......
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »

Now, see, this is what I mean...

I Yahooed Anaheim Hills Restaurants, and get this page here, care of LetsEat OC.  Sounded promising when I clicked.

But the listings are all rediculously generic, and there's no real description of the places, and THERE'S NO AFFLECK/DAMONING MAP!!!  It's really no help at all.

Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »

She grew up on those sets...and I grew up watching the movies filmed on those sets.
So... you watched her grow up on those sets... spying on her from afar... never letting her know as you watched... creeping up on her to get a better view... closer... and closer... and closer...

Sounds like fun!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »

Good news, DR Kerry.  May it continue!!!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2008, 09:27:57 AM »

DR elmore - The vamp is essentially E-flat to D-flat, with the basic rhythm being dotted-quarter -> eighth tied to a quarter (or even a half note).  And, as DR singdaw noted earlier, it's a two-bar vamp.  However, in the George Benson version of the sheet music, the E-flat it retained as a pedal tone under the second half of the measure (the D-flat chord) - ???  -In any case, it's all about the bass line to me.

You can sort of see it here in this preview frame from Solero:

http://www.freehandmusic.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=116062

If you go to iTunes, you can bring up a couple of different versions of the song and preview the clips.

Or I could drop off a copy of my Smokey Joe's Cafe piano/conductor score on my way down to Binder in an hour if you'd like.

DR Jose, thanks for all the info!  I was off to Toyland when you posted this so our paths cross this morning. I stopped at Colony and looked at the published sheet music, and realized that the vamp in the Benson version had been rewritten to use the flatted seventh.  I hate being piano-less!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »

VIBES OF EVERY KIND TO DR KERRY![/size][/b]

If you can't get the tests done, than solve the problem by not having anymore seizures!!!  NO MORE SEIZURE VIBES!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »

Hold on thar, Baba Looey.....you mean Gale Storm didn't really go out on the Ocean Queen to all of those places?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »

On the other hand, if you go to Yahoo's own restaurant listings for Anaheim Hills, the very first restaurant they list is all the way to the west in Long Beach, and trust me, Long Beach is not just a hop and a skip from Anaheim Hills, especially if what you want is a quick nosh.

There has got to be a better way.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »

After viewing DR RLP's link for the PR fashion shows, I agree with his analysis about who out-designed who....the two dropped designers outdid a couple of the those showing for real.

The irritating Ugly Bug had the worst collection....I HATE THOSE jackets with little peplums.....why is he trying to bring those back?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2008, 09:37:07 AM »

Or how about this one.  It's actually called the Anaheim Hills Restaurants Directory.  

Just one problem.  No restaurants are listed.

Go ahead, take a look if you don't believe me!

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »

I don't know what it is, but when I grow up, I want to wear a peplum.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up