Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TEENY TINY NOTES  (Read 20788 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE TEENY TINY NOTES
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2003, 02:38:52 PM »

DR François is missing! Does that help you Mr Clueless?
DR Ann. Would you believe I have never noticed the ads before? I hope you have not changed my reading habits now.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2003, 02:50:07 PM »

Hope I am not too late. Bon Voyage to Ben and Ant.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2003, 03:02:34 PM »

Yes, DR Jane, the murder I mentioned in my original post was the murder that was being investigated within the firm because someone in the firm did it. Each week, there was A LITTLE BIT of that investigation along with senior members of the firm tryhing to find dirt on Rob Lowe's character to bring him down. Added to THAT was a case that was being handled by Lowe that week AND a case that was being handled by his old legal aid society now being run by his best friend. So, the show was a jumble of plotlines both open ended and not.

I hate to be the breaker of bad news but I understand PEACEMAKER was canceled and will not be returning.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2003, 03:05:06 PM »

I have SORDID LIVES sitting on my to-watch DVD shelf, DR Tom. Looking forward to getting to it one of these days.

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2003, 03:30:21 PM »

I think the only newer show I watch is MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE which shows on Spike TV. It is a Japanese reality show (which has been discussed here previously) which has been redubbed and is just hilarious! When I was on my trip to Los Angeles, while staying at our hotel in Anaheim, my buddy Ron and I watched THE MULLETS and LAS VEGAS. LAS VEGAS wasn't bad, but the MULLETS...oh, my golly what were they thinking! Poor Loni Anderson!

I have a few of the toys from my childhood...my collection of Freakies figures from Freakies breakfast cereal (does anyone remember that?) which was originally out in the early 70s.

I have the a stuffed bunny rabbit from my first Easter (circa 1964) and a large stuffed clown doll that my grandmother had that I loved as a kid (I think it is from about 1949 and all the grandchildren played with it at one time or another...Grandma gave it to me before she passed away). The toys I wish I still had were my sisters Barbies from the early 60s and my Rice Krispy character hand puppets. I loved hand puppets and still find them fascinating. I also love the vintage Barbies and do have some, just not the ones that belonged to my sister.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2003, 03:32:14 PM »

OH, and Danise I do remember very well the Johnny and Jane dolls...I think..were they the cowboy and cowgirl ones? I also had many Bryer horses and LOVED my INcredible Edibles set...can still tast them! Creepy Crawlies too...yum! We had so much fun with those!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2003, 03:32:46 PM »

I hate to be the breaker of bad news but I understand PEACEMAKER was canceled and will not be returning.

It wasn't given much of a chance.  Bad news indeed!  :( :( :(

Michael

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2003, 03:33:01 PM »

Mr. Tony Dale posts by Proxy

Called me to day to tell me that he thinks he may have walking (as opposed to standing, lying or running) pneuomia.

He will get his computer back either Tuesday or Wednesday (hopefully)

He started to shovel the driveways to his home and after shoveling the upper part of one of them he took a rest in his car and thats when the guy with the plow on the fron of his truck arrived. His parents did not tell him they hired a guy.

His favorite toys were Lincoln Logs and a Blackboard. He liked to especially to build his Lincoln Logs and "free" the blackboard at the same time. But his favorite toy was a pair of scissors.

In his DVD player was X Men 2: United. The VCR has a copy of Cat Ballou which will also have a  blank tape to copy the show Trading Spaces. (Its the feather episode)

In his CD player is Clay Aikens solo cd that is overproduced and over everything. He hates it

Favorite Ice Cream:  Pistacho

Favorite New Shows: What Not to Wear (TLC) and Queer Eye For the Straight Guy (Bravo/NBC)

Mr. Tony would also like to ask: "Does anyone remember the  boy band  2gether?" He saw toy figurines (dolls) in the store and never heard of this group. Who are they to warrent dolls?

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2003, 03:34:09 PM »

I have SORDID LIVES sitting on my to-watch DVD shelf, DR Tom. Looking forward to getting to it one of these days.

YOU MUST WATCH? YOU MUST WATCH! YOU MUST WATCH!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 04:27:10 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2003, 03:34:39 PM »

I am sure there so many comments waiting to be made about your love of hand puppets MBarnum. My birth father (I think that is the term) was/is a ventriloquist but I have never sat upon his knee. I worry about where he will put his hands and enough people think I am a dummy anyway. My father is 95 and still tells jokes to the residents of his care centre. I guess the same joke will sound new every day to most of the residents!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2003, 03:36:53 PM »

"Walking pneumonia" is also being "enjoyed" by TCB. Is there a connection between these sufferers about which we have not been told? Perhaps TCB has been picking Mr Dale's pockets.
James Thurber 1957

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2003, 03:47:56 PM »

Okay, does anyone know if Mark B can control the ads that come up on the top of the page?  I swear, this is uncanny.  Last time we were discussing Krispy Kremes, ads for Krispy Kreme stock came up on the top of the screen...now we're talking Barbies and toys, and all sorts of Barbie and toy ads are up there...coincidence?

I'd like to make a personal plea to all DR's regarding the ads. That request is that we not talk about the ads. Seriously.

All I will say now is that they are supposed to, most of the time, be geared towards what is being discussed automatically and they often are.

If you have questions about the ads please send those privately out of the public view of the community forums. Thanks!

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2003, 03:50:47 PM »

Michael S, send my regards to TD for a speedy recovery. Same to you TCB if you are lurking!

Picked up CRIME OF PASSION on DVD today and will give it a watch on the DVD player tonight. I love Babs Stanwyck, and I am hoping I have not already seen this film!? I can't remember it. It also has Raymond Burr so it has got to be good!

Hey FRANCIOS where in Northern Tarnation are you?? I have some questions for you regarding that there Jacques Bergerac book you mention a few weeks ago!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2003, 03:52:33 PM »

Where IS everyone?  I need more hot posts, more hot posts. And will someone PLEASE go get Jrand and shake him by his bootstraps or his shoulder pads or his boot pads or his shoulder straps and GET HIM BACK HERE.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2003, 03:57:23 PM »

DR Michael, please send DR Tony my regards as well, and I hope he's feelings better soon as I hope for DR Ron and DR TCB (and anyone else under the weather or on top of it for that matter.)

DR Michael, I have to ask. Is that Hugh Beaumont in your pic, and did he ever play Michael Shayne, or is there another reason it's there? Are you really Beaver Cleaver in disguise? And if so, please tell Wally where I am, and that I'm looking for him!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 03:58:38 PM by Matt H. »

Michael

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2003, 04:09:24 PM »

Dr Michael Shayne. Yes I did watch the Oz "Are You Being Served". The talented June Bronhill played the Mrs Slocomb "(?) roll. The show could not use " Mr Grace" as a title as we do in fact have a Grace Bros department store  (Sydney). Almost the same format as the UK show and June and Inmann were terrific. More people should know June Bronhill  - "Robert & Elizabeth"and many recordings of operas and operettas in the early sixties in the UK. She played Maria VT in the first Oz production of TSOM and was wonderful.

It ran for 16 episodes on the 10 Network in 1980-81 during a break in the British run.

It was called Bone Brother Department. Mr. Bone was a cousin of Mr. Grace and he lends "Mr. Humpries to him. At the store there are Australian counterparts to his Brot co-workers. Captain Peacokc becomes Captain Wagstaff, Mrs. Slocombe become Mrs. Crawford, Mr. Goldberg is Mr. Mankowitz and Mr. Rumbold became Mr. Dunkling in the first season and and Mr. Fenwick in the second.

Cast included June Bronhill. Shane Bourne, Judith Woodriffe, Anothy Bazell, Peter Collingwood, basil Clarke, Ken Fraser and Christine Amor along with John Inman.

There were 15 episodes in all and the reason why the Australian counterparts and situations seemed so familar they were rewritten episodes from the British series with the exception of one in the second season where Mr. Humphries visa is declared void and he considers marrying so he can stay in Australia.

BUT IF THAT WASN"T ENOUGH

There was an attempt at an American version. Only the pilot was made. It was called The Beanes of Boston  In the pilot John Hillerman played Mr. Peacock, Charlotte Rae played Mrs. Slocombe, Lorna Patterson was Miss Brahms and Alan Suess was Mr. Humphries. Garry Marshall was the executive producer.  According to creator and writer Jeremy Lloyd he had this to say about his Laugh-in co-star Alan Suess "He played him (Mr. Humphries) like Paul Lynde. Bewitched's Uncle Arthur. I'd forgtton quite what Suess was like and that he proved to be miscast. It aired May 5, 1979

Robin Williams auditioned fora role and was rejected "but couldn't think what to do with him"

There was also a spin off play and movie. The play had a similar plot as the movie.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2003, 04:10:42 PM »

DR Michael, please send DR Tony my regards as well, and I hope he's feelings better soon as I hope for DR Ron and DR TCB (and anyone else under the weather or on top of it for that matter.)

DR Michael, I have to ask. Is that Hugh Beaumont in your pic, and did he ever play Michael Shayne, or is there another reason it's there? Are you really Beaver Cleaver in disguise? And if so, please tell Wally where I am, and that I'm looking for him!

Hugh Beaumont played Michael Shayne private detective. And I never had a beaver despite living in Canada.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2003, 04:23:16 PM »

Yes it is freezing here as DR Emily said. And while i was at the mall, there was an unexpected (to me) snowstorm.  Not a lot of snow. But it is VERY windy and it is blowing all over the place. What a mess.

Okay I won't talk about what DR Mark mentioned.  Although I had no idea that we wrote affected anything.

I'm off now.  I have a headache and I want to try to nurse it.

And for some reason I'm cold.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2003, 04:26:50 PM »

Btw, I've also been watching the new show, Tru Calling. It is very unusual. But I am liking it.  This girl Tru, works at a morgue (she is waiting to apply to med school).  She lives a day, then when she goes to work at night, sometimes a victim will be brought in.  And they look up and say "help me". Then Tru in a series of flashbacks, goes back (we see everything that happened that day flash before us).  She gets to relive the day and try to save the person.

It's quite interesting. And there are certain things that she might forget the first time around, that she can change. Although it's on Thursday's on Fox opposite Survivor and Friends. Not a good time slot :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2003, 05:10:42 PM »

Someone should break this 40 minute drought!
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2003, 05:22:29 PM »

OH, and Danise I do remember very well the Johnny and Jane dolls...I think..were they the cowboy and cowgirl ones? I also had many Bryer horses and LOVED my INcredible Edibles set...can still tast them! Creepy Crawlies too...yum! We had so much fun with those!

Yes, Johnny and Jane were cowboy/girl dolls.  I can't remember the name of the Indian doll that was their friend and I think but am by no means sure there was a kid.  A boy?  Or was it Janie West?  I honestly can't remember.

Did you ever get the Incredible Edibles switched with the Creepy Crawlies? The Creepy Crawlies were  a bit hard to chew, if I recall correctly.

Jane, Do you watch JAG as well?  We seem to like the same kind of shows/movies.  

Emily, I'm going to have to try your eggnog in my tea.  After I read that it sounded so good!  If I can brave the cold, I'll get some tomorrow.  

Matt H said:

I'm sorry to hear that anyone is ill and want to add my own good vibes/wishes to get well ASAP!  Walking pneumonia is nothing to play with.  

I STILL didn't do my Christmas cards.  I think I have a like mental block that's stopping me.   I MUST get them done--- tomorrow.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2003, 05:28:29 PM »

I just got back from wrapping gifts for donations at the local Barnes & Noble for the Relay For Life team that I'm on.  The idea is that fund-raising-organizations can come to B&N and wrap gifts for shoppers (at B&N) for donations.  B&N supplies the wrapping paper, tape and scissors.  Most people gave anywhere from $1 to $5 per wrap and even a couple of people just gave money without having anything wrapped.  That was pretty nice.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2003, 05:35:26 PM »

PUUSSHHH!!!!!   ONLY 18 TO GO!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2003, 05:39:46 PM »

"Just wanted to be noticed," said Rose Hovick.

Oh my favorite toys.  DRCharlesPogue had all the toys I wanted.  My favorite was a toy typewriter I got at age 6 - but I don't want it back....too hard to use.  If I could have one back, it would be my white building blocks, plastic, I had two sets so I could build HUGE houses....even two story ones.  My sister and I cut out furniture from the Spiegel catalog to put inside, and spent a lot of time looking through the windows with a flashlight!  ::)

New tv shows.....like MBARNUM...I think MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE on the Spike network is very funny - the English voice overs ala "What's Up, Tiger Lily?" make me laugh out loud.  RENO 911! on the Comedy Channel is also funny.

Just watched PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN on DVD! What a fun movie....very exciting....a bit too long....Johnny Depp rocks! ;D

Was it DR TOMFROMOZ who mentioned THE PURPLE MASK yesterday?  It starred Tony Curtis and Angela Lansbury of course, but featured Miss Allison Hayes who almost went to the guillotine near the end of the film!  Sorry if MATTH talked about it.....too lazy to go back to check.  :P

DRMG and KERRY, glad you liked Queen for a Day!  And I hope you like the others on the tape as well....and TEDDY BEAR without the entire swimming pool sequence.   ???
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2003, 05:43:49 PM »

JR.. you are not alone.. I lost two earlier in the day but now it looks like they are back...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2003, 05:50:37 PM »

What is this white stuff on our lawn:

The View

B&B

Bonnie Poses

Buster Investigates

Marty Joins

How Boys Do It

Follow the leader

the ever-chilly der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2003, 05:52:34 PM »

In honour of your reading my mention of "The Purple Mask" JRand I shall do what I can! I suspect my pinup at that stage was indeed Mr Tony Curtis.
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2003, 06:03:12 PM »

Of course, all the shows I like are cancelled.
Expect Joan of Arcadia to go next!

the ever-disappointed der Brucer

Please God, not MONK!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2003, 06:03:25 PM »

I deleted a snarky post I made.....completely uncalled for.  If you read it, sorry.

What great snow & doggie pics!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 06:04:02 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2003, 06:13:20 PM »

Finally Jrand!  You must, like Dolly, be back where you belong!

Home from work.  Tired, but happy that tomorrow will be almost all mine.  Now, let's get some postin' goin' on, shall we?  I'm not doing anything but staying home, buying something sweet to eat for dessert, and watching a DVD or two.

There is a party goin' on in my nabe - no place to park on the street anywhere - and yet, I have not been invited to said party.  Well, it ain't a partay if I'm not there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up