Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL THROES OF APRIL  (Read 20160 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE FINAL THROES OF APRIL
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »

Speaking of websites and movie trailers, I just discovered this little film this weekend.

http://www.vekay.com/titanic.html

Warning:  It takes forever to load, but it is very funny.

Hysterical!!  I downloaded it.  I wish the trailor to "The Ghastly Love of Johnny X" could be downloaded, too.  I can't wait to see that...and BK's in it (however briefly)!!  What could be better?? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:47 PM »

George, how was FIDDLER ON THE HOOF?

The man that played Tevye played my son in THE LION IN WINTER.  He was Richard, the Lionhearted.

He and the show were very, very good!  I hated the seat that I sat in (it was very uncomfortable).  The show was done in the round (square, actually) and the director really made sure that people turned around enough so that everyone could be seen by the audience on all four sides.  The costumes were all very good.  I could pretty much hear everyone...the only one with a microphone was Fruma-Sarah.  She was played by my friend Val and also was very good.  Today was their last performance, otherwise I'd say to get thee to Anatevka.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2006, 08:56:32 PM »

Unfortunately, I have had to miss FIDDLER, RAGTIME, and THE WOMEN this weekend.  I am not able to sit that long.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2006, 08:58:59 PM »

Unfortunately, I have had to miss FIDDLER, RAGTIME, and THE WOMEN this weekend.  I am not able to sit that long.

:'(

George

« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »

After seeing Fiddler on the Roof, I went up to Border Books and Music and bought three CDs:  Her First Roman, and the original Broadway cast recordings of They're Playing Our Song (I've had the London cast recording for quite a few years) and Two Gentlemen of Verona (I've never even heard this...even though I have the vinyl album).

FJL

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

Health vibes to Michael S.

And continued health vibes to TCB.  We said a refuah shelaymah (very roughly translated, total health) prayer today at my parents' place for those we care about who are feeling extremely poorly; I included your name, TCB (as well as Elmore's dad and Danise's family).  I don't know whether you believe in such things, but if not, just consider them vibes in Hebrew, in a prayer sung mostly by people with terrible singing voices.

FJL

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2006, 09:29:25 PM »

We celebrated my birthday two days early at my parents' place today.  (Could that sound any more like a shameless plea for birthday wishes on Tuesday?)  My sister-in-law absolutely outdid herself with the abundance of food.  My soon-to-be-18 nephew made my father very happy by going through my father's clothes closet and finding things that he (my nephew) would like to wear that no longer fit my father, hand-me-downs skipping over a generation, if you will.  There was cake, with very healthy fruit on top.  The only thing I want to address next year is why I have to do three hours of traveling for a celebration of MY birthday :) , but it seems to be a battle I lose every year.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 09:30:46 PM by FJL »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2006, 09:34:58 PM »

Well, okay then, Fred - happy birthday for Tuesday!!

Michael - feel better soon!
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2006, 09:40:05 PM »

Off to bed now.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening!

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »

Thanks, Penny.  Glad you picked up the subtle hint in my earlier post.  :)

I was feeling on the old side since I thought I was about to really hit middle age head-on turning 46, but then my brother reminded me that by many definitions I've been middle-aged since 40, and so far my forties have been very good.  

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »

I kind of thought you would prefer THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES.

Well, that one is my second favorite  8)

But the prince charming in SNOW WHITE AND THE 3 STOOGES ain't half bad!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2006, 09:48:23 PM »

Back from a perfectly perfect dinner with Miss Jessica Rush.  She's looking quite splendid and we had a lovely time - afterward, she was talking about A Chorus Line for some reason, so I showed her the What If Bock and Harnick version - she loved it.

George

« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »

We celebrated my birthday two days early at my parents' place today.  (Could that sound any more like a shameless plea for birthday wishes on Tuesday?)  My sister-in-law absolutely outdid herself with the abundance of food.  My soon-to-be-18 nephew made my father very happy by going through my father's clothes closet and finding things that he (my nephew) would like to wear that no longer fit my father, hand-me-downs skipping over a generation, if you will.  There was cake, with very healthy fruit on top.  The only thing I want to address next year is why I have to do three hours of traveling for a celebration of MY birthday :) , but it seems to be a battle I lose every year.

Your birthday's on Tuesday?  Mine's on Friday!  Happy Birthday (early, too) to a fellow Taurusian! ;)

George

« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »

I was feeling on the old side since I thought I was about to really hit middle age head-on turning 46, but then my brother reminded me that by many definitions I've been middle-aged since 40, and so far my forties have been very good.

I'm turning 40 on Friday. ::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2006, 10:15:17 PM »

May looks like a busy birthday month.

George

« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2006, 10:20:01 PM »

May looks like a busy birthday month.

Actually, August was a busy month. ;)

FJL

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2006, 10:20:42 PM »

George - actually, when I just simultaneouly googled "middle age" and 40,  I found a defintion that defines "middle age" as a time when you shift from thinking about potential to thinking about limitations.  So as long as you're thinking about potential rather than limitations, whatever you may be physically, you're not really middle-aged mentally.  At least by that definition, anyway.

FJL

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »

THE WAILS OF AUGUST - that should be the title of the article about why there are so many birthdays in May

George

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2006, 10:24:34 PM »

George - actually, when I just simultaneouly googled "middle age" and 40,  I found a defintion that defines "middle age" as a time when you shift from thinking about potential to thinking about limitations.  So as long as you're thinking about potential rather than limitations, whatever you may be physically, you're not really middle-aged mentally.  At least by that definition, anyway.

That's a good way to put it.  My life is nothing but potential. ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2006, 10:44:12 PM »

I'm turning 40 on Friday. ::)

Early Happy Birthday George!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »

Mine is the end of the year almost literally....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2006, 10:45:45 PM »

Thanks!  And it's always a double celebration...it's also Cinco de Mayo!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

End of the academic year here and things are already nuts and May 1 is tomorrow....

The next couple of weeks will be very hectic.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2006, 10:47:03 PM »

Thanks!  And it's always a double celebration...it's also Cinco de Mayo!!

You can have a pina colada for your birthday

George

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2006, 10:47:10 PM »

I have one friend who was born on Christmas Eve and her name is Holly Eve and another friend born on Christmas Day and his name is Noel. ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »

George, you are in a public library, correct?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »

I have one friend who was born on Christmas Eve and her name is Holly Eve and another friend born on Christmas Day and his name is Noel. ;D

neat... I was only hours away from being born on New Years Eve

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »

George, ever heard of the group Wa Wa Nee? They are from OZ.

George

« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »

George, ever heard of the group Wa Wa Nee? They are from OZ.

I have never heard of them. :-\

George

« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »

George, you are in a public library, correct?

I work for a public library system, but not in a public branch.  I work in the Acquisitions Department for the 27-branch library system.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 11:10:51 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up