Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS  (Read 22734 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BREAKING NEWS
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know all the news that's fit to print, and now it is time for you to post until the breaking cows come home.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:13:57 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:11:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: VERACITY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 12:46:44 AM »

Speaking of cows, ;) here's what happens when they try to read blogs at myspace.com:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 12:49:55 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:52:28 AM »

And on that note (E-flat), I'm going to sleep.  I want to get to work in the morning so I don't have to use vacation because earlier in the week, I came into work late and left early.  Good night!

Well, you've read the notes, you know all the news that's fit to print, and now it is time for you to post until the breaking cows come home.

But before I go, for no reason whatsoever, here's a dancing cow:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:57:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: VERACITY!
Not to be confused with Mamecity.

(A Christine Baranski reference, connecting with our esteemed BK's Harriet Harris reference.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:00:12 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 03:11:09 AM »

Good morning Woody.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 03:17:18 AM »

BK, I don't think my space will destroy sites like this. If anything, it is a place for all the teenagers to gather and say and do all those inane things we hate to read about on decent boards.  As long as there are adults who want to get together online and have real discussions about theatre, about film about any topic under the sun, there will be a need for places such as this one, where real community and real friendship can form and exist.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 03:59:07 AM »

I have heard of MYSPACE and I think I went there once....it is not for me, but it serves its purpose.

Like many things on the internet, what it started out to be is not what it turned out to be....which is just what MR BK says.  

For some reason communication is NO longer a face to face thing.....those meetings usually turn out to be a bit awkward....communication is a thing best done with a keyboard and screen and lots of space between the two people....21st Century style.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 04:01:31 AM »

Speaking of veracity!

I keep reading Disney releases that say HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is a bit hit and its CD soundtrack is the first television soundtrack to reach a huge number of sales....BUT in every Walmart or Target I go into....the shelves contain Dozens of the CD's!  Everytime....dusty and untouched.  Are they counting sales to outlets or sales to peoples?  

It's like those crazy Mariah Carey numbers.....are they going to take back that platinum disk award when the remainders start coming in?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 04:01:52 AM »

I will get a cd from Adam when I see him next.

Thanks, MR BK.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 04:02:47 AM »

Taking my sister Molly to the airport in a few minutes, she is flying out to Seattle to meet up with her fiance....then they are driving back to Indiana with his truck and a U-Haul trailer.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 04:03:16 AM »

Then...to work....I will try to check in later today.  It is going to be HOT!!

Michael

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 05:06:17 AM »

Hello all you people out there in the dark....

Here is a very cute take off of high school comedies called Ten Things I Hate
About Commandments.
I think there are several really good laughs in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kqqMXWEFs
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 05:08:12 AM »

I have nothing in the DVD player this weekend as I will be going out of town. I will make a choice a little later as to the music I will play on my road trip. Probably 6 for going there. Six going back.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 05:08:34 AM »

I turned on the air conditioning last night and now I have a sore throat.  Good morning, all!

About two years ago, the New York State Theatre Institute went to Myspace and I ended up with a page.  I hardly ever go to it.  I have no idea what to do with it, but my friends Michael Rupert and Susan Egan use their blogs to write about their events and publicize themselves.  Good for them.  If I had a huge fan base and a life crammed with concert/stage appearances, I might be more informed on the benefits of the site.

I don't believe Myspace is run by idiots, but I believe Broadwayworld.com is, since so many of them are high school naifs who think an old show is CATS and spend their days debating wonderful Elphaba performances. I can take correcton by my peers, but I refuse to let a hostile/arrogant/smug college student tell me how awful CAROUSEL is while praising the merits of this pathetic new THREEPENNY OPERA revival, especially since he or she has probably never seen a dcecent performance of either work.

But I rant.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 05:09:20 AM »

Then...to work....I will try to check in later today.  It is going to be HOT!!

As in good times or are you in hell?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 05:10:15 AM »

Myspace.com is where the pedophiles look for their victims.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 05:23:53 AM »

I actually like HIGH SCHOOL THE MUSICAL.  If you like musicals, and the recent teen romantic comedies (think CINDERELLA STORY or something like that) then i think you will enjoy the movie. IT is cute and fun. But it is definitely geared towards young girls. And they love it!

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 05:28:57 AM »

Oh and last night DR George wrote (about the movie):

Okay, I have a question about the movie, "High School Musical."  I know that the brother and sister are the "stars" of the school and they really, really, really (that's three reallys) want to be the leads of this new musical that one of their fellow students is writing.  HOWEVER, the lead characters of the musical (within the movie) are romantic leads and the songs that the other couple have been learning (that are from the musical that they are going to perform) are very romantic lovey-dovey ballads.  NOW, why would the brother and sister want to play these romantic leads?  Is there some kind of incestuous subtext going on?  And if the brother and the sister need (for plot purposes) to be auditioning rivals for the other couple, why would the authors of the movie have the musical (within the movie) be that romantic a story??

That's all I could think about as I was watching this.  Just curious.

It is sort of creepy that the brother and sister want to be the romantic leads, but since it's Disney there is nothing incenestuous implied.

The brother/sister duo don't only want to be the leads, they expect to be them. They have been in all the musicals and basically run the drama club.

I think that it makes sense for the show to be romantic, since it's all about the basketball player/science girl getting together. I think that the brother and sister have to audition for it, sort of makes it funny to kids.  And the brother/sister don't act romantic when they audition so no biggie! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 05:31:54 AM »

I am up and will attempt to meet my sister and niece at the store.  I have been really trying to take it easy. And while the pain in my neck is mostly gone, it is still really really stiff. Any ideas?  

No matter what i do (carrying books, washing a dish), it gets so stiff.  When i got home from seeing the baby last night it was bad. I did not lift her. BUt watching her still requires some mobility.

IT was cute though. My aunt and uncle say her crawl like a maniac for the first time. She is really good and fast. And she also can grab onto things and pull herself up to stand (and she only just turned 8 months). We are all so impressed! :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 05:49:00 AM »

Myspace.com is where the pedophiles look for their victims.

They look anywhere where there are chat rooms, yahoo.com, aol.com... you name it...I haven't had a client from myspace.com yet, I have had clients who found the young girls other places

FJL

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 05:50:16 AM »

I can spend  a fair amount of time debating the merits of the various Elphabas (or is it Elphabi) I've seen, so can I make believe I'm still in my twenties?  :)

FJL

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 05:52:15 AM »

Veracity is the namesake of that popular star of the 1920's, Vera Similitude, best known for her honest and direct approach to performing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 05:57:45 AM »

Callie was looking for Nil this morning and started meowing and meowing about 5:00 AM, so I got up. I decided to get on the computer for awhile and looked and saw the sunrise may be nice, so I grabbed my camera ran outside and slam....the door locked behind me.  Now my mother says shes a light sleeper, but it took and hour of ringing the door bell and pounding the door before she looked out the window and said.."What are you doing out in the yard?" It was pretty funny. Thank heavens it was Warm out. I did see lots of birds...even a beautiful white pelican in flight. It was nice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 06:02:37 AM »

Oh and last night DR George wrote (about the movie):It is sort of creepy that the brother and sister want to be the romantic leads, but since it's Disney there is nothing incenestuous implied.

Especiually since the brother is gayer than the Village People.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2006, 06:03:38 AM »

I can spend  a fair amount of time debating the merits of the various Elphabas (or is it Elphabi) I've seen, so can I make believe I'm still in my twenties?  :)

You can believe all you want but it don't make it true! :-*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2006, 06:06:07 AM »

DRs, my dad needs good health vibes today badly!  The past two days, according to my sister-in-law, have been truly frightening.  He's been crying uncontrollably, and I would guess it's his fear of everything he's going through and I'm very worried about his spirits.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 06:12:08 AM »

DR FJL, your enthusiasm and ebullient spirits keep you young!

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:03 AM »

DR Elmore - your dad is in my thoughts today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 06:33:03 AM »

Vibes for strength to elmore and his dad.  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up