Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: EQUILIBRIUM  (Read 24867 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:EQUILIBRIUM
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »

We had a great meal here

Capital Q

It's a hole in the wall barbecue joint. Great food! And an unlikely place for such good down home victuals.

And just a few doors down is Matchbox - one of my favorite restaurants in DC.  The mini-burgers and the pizza are not to be missed!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:43:04 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2006, 11:50:08 AM »

We also had some marvelous desserts and coffee here

Four Seasons

after our trip to the Kennedy Center. Umm, a creme brulee to die for  ;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2006, 11:52:28 AM »

I didn't get the too many connections notification. I was FORBIDDEN. I was hurt, I tell ya.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

Anybody notice the new header on the Forum Entry Page? In case you didn't it now shows the following information

Members: 295  •  Posts: 208190  •  Topics: 1011
Please welcome mazfraz, our newest member.

It will change as the numbers change. all that work to put up that information.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2006, 11:58:44 AM »

Back from delivering the Kevin Spirtas tapes.  We begin on Saturday, but I suspect the editing will go MUCH faster than Deceit.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »

Dakota I’m jealous of the pup.  Do you have photos?  I would get another one if my body could handle grooming the dog.  I stopped browsing the Bernese Mountain Dog sites, including the rescue ones.

I have continued to browse the Chocolate Labrador sites.  A couple of days ago I found the photo of an older puppy in Santa Barbara and absolutely fell in love.  I would take her in a heartbeat if we didn’t have plans to travel.  We don’t feel it is right to leave for a long trip just weeks after getting a dog.

On our way to L.A. to meet up with Craig we are going to stop and visit one or two dog breeders I’m interested in, maybe even see the older puppy (if there is still a chance we can take her).   I have told Keith we will get a dog even if I can’t have the one that just tugged at my heartstrings, it is simply (not really so simple) a matter of choosing the best time.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2006, 12:02:36 PM »

I was surprised to see that new header, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »

Laura, what is the best place to e-mail you - I have about six e-mail addresses for you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »

I didn't get the too many connections notification. I was FORBIDDEN. I was hurt, I tell ya.

so was I, sniff, sniff... I thought I had offended someone after going on a rant about days...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »

Anybody notice the new header on the Forum Entry Page? In case you didn't it now shows the following information

Members: 295  •  Posts: 208190  •  Topics: 1011
Please welcome mazfraz, our newest member.

It will change as the numbers change. all that work to put up that information.

Hmm, interesting 295 members and I am #300...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to see the new header.  I thought I would check for new posts before I said some.

So….WELCOME MAZFRAZ!  [/size]
Where do you hail from?  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »

While I too mourn the passing of Barrymore;s and the like I do appreciate the removal of some of the unsavory elements of Times Square.  Back in the late 70's when my friends and I would come in there were prostitutes and drug dealers openly hawking their wares  in the Times Square  area as soon as the sun went down, and sometimes earlier than that.

God, I miss all that!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2006, 12:16:22 PM »

Dakota I’m jealous of the pup.  Do you have photos?  I would get another one if my body could handle grooming the dog.  I stopped browsing the Bernese Mountain Dog sites, including the rescue ones.

I have continued to browse the Chocolate Labrador sites.  A couple of days ago I found the photo of an older puppy in Santa Barbara and absolutely fell in love.  I would take her in a heartbeat if we didn’t have plans to travel.  We don’t feel it is right to leave for a long trip just weeks after getting a dog.

On our way to L.A. to meet up with Craig we are going to stop and visit one or two dog breeders I’m interested in, maybe even see the older puppy (if there is still a chance we can take her).   I have told Keith we will get a dog even if I can’t have the one that just tugged at my heartstrings, it is simply (not really so simple) a matter of choosing the best time.  

I will ask her if she does. She stated that it is a truly sweet pup.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2006, 12:21:46 PM »

I’m sure it is a sweet pup, they all are.

I did a quick count and came up with 295.  Five names must have been deleted.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2006, 12:22:22 PM »

The cable man's checked out my modem, my cable and the main cable to the building, so hopefully all is now well.  However, amazon.com, eBay, Broadwayworld.com, Theatremania, and other sites load in immediately.  HHW is taking forever.  Oy!

I did catch, while waiting for the service man, a bit of the revoltingly moronic PASSIONS.  Half of this Puritan town - which has only Catholics, no protestants, no jews, no other religion except for the witch - has gone to Rome, but it's quite bizarre there:  the dumb whore, her pimp and her friends are out fighting in some ruins in the daylight, while the blonde bimbo has gone to bed and it's pitch black in her Roman hotel room.  Is Ed Wood alive?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:23:01 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »

Quote from: vixmom on Today at 02:39:25pm
While I too mourn the passing of Barrymore;s and the like I do appreciate the removal of some of the unsavory elements of Times Square.  Back in the late 70's when my friends and I would come in there were prostitutes and drug dealers openly hawking their wares  in the Times Square  area as soon as the sun went down, and sometimes earlier than that.

God, I miss all that!

I need to play me the cast recording to:

The Life

;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:39:55 PM by Ben »

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »

Have to run. Nice to be able to access the site. the "FORBIDDEN" warning was a tad off-putting. Especially for lil' ol' me.

Jane - Re your question yesterday about Abie's glow. Nothing special was done - just a shampoo. He's just clean!

Re Katie Couric - yes, I agree that the long farewell is a bit much. (I'm sure SHE'S pretty embarrassed by extent of it.) BUT I don't agree that her fame is a simply a product of our celebrity worshipping times a la Paris Hilton. She's not a person who's famous for being famous. She's paid her dues. Couric is very good at what she does. And she's done some excellent, hardhitting interviews (along with the silly stuff, yes). Whether she'll be a good CBS anchor remains to be seen. But I do think she deserves respect and a chance before being written off as a lightweight with a great smile.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2006, 12:47:55 PM »

Have to run. Nice to be able to access the site. the "FORBIDDEN" warning was a tad off-putting. Especially for lil' ol' me.

Whoever would think HHW would replace the Lambada?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »

The Lambada (The Forbidden Dance) - that's what I'M talkin' about.

It's still really slow and they're still suggesting I either nuke or archive the first year of posts.  I'm going to do that, one way or the other.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »

We're back - problem has been found (the cause of all the stuff that's been happening).  Some weird permissions thing that had to be set to "off" but wasn't.  They've set it to "off" and hopefully all will be well.  And, we didn't have to delete any old posts, so that's a good thing!

Yea!  I've been gone for lunch for the last hour or so, but I couldn't log in at all before now.  I kept getting the message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /community/ on this server."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »

Now all seems right with the world. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2006, 01:06:17 PM »

Well, they probably got bored with not being able to get on the board.

Oh, and they can't afford to be bored with the board, can they?

(almost a Sondheim reference!)

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2006, 01:09:11 PM »

RLP, you are a bad influence...I was envious of your loot and so I got on Amazon and didn't look back...I now have Frank Stallone, Nervous Norvus, and Ray Noble all coming to me soon...quite an odd selection, I might say.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »

Jane - Re your question yesterday about Abie's glow. Nothing special was done - just a shampoo. He's just clean!

Re Katie Couric - yes, I agree that the long farewell is a bit much. (I'm sure SHE'S pretty embarrassed by extent of it.) BUT I don't agree that her fame is a simply a product of our celebrity worshipping times a la Paris Hilton. She's not a person who's famous for being famous. She's paid her dues. Couric is very good at what she does. And she's done some excellent, hardhitting interviews (along with the silly stuff, yes). Whether she'll be a good CBS anchor remains to be seen. But I do think she deserves respect and a chance before being written off as a lightweight with a great smile.

Maria, I agree with you. I too feel that Katie should be given a chance. She has done some very important stories including a series she did on colon cancer.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2006, 01:09:37 PM »

Well, I certainly got onto the site with no delay whatsoever, and pages have not been slow to load either.

Let's see if posting is any faster for me than this morning.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »

Maria, I agree with you. I too feel that Katie should be given a chance. She has done some very important stories including a series she did on colon cancer.

Respect, yes!  She deserves a lot for what she has accomplished.

But she's not NEWS in the sense that Marines dying in Iraq are news or in the sense that a mother has drowned her babies in the bathtub news.

I have not once mistaken what has been said as being an assault on her professional journalistic integrity.  Instead, it's been a condemnation of a society in which such celebrity is vaunted over things much more significant.  The newsworthiness of the subject is probably more tied to the millions of dollars she's getting to jump ship and go to CBS.

Katie probably is embarrassed, but I do believe much more is being made of her move/last day/etc. than the coverage merits.

But as long as there is celebrity worship in society, celebrities WILL dominate the news.

Only time will tell whether she can live up to the hype.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:19:46 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »

Posting was very fast, too, and I have a mere dial-up connection.

Had a fine Chinese lunch, and came home and had a piece of cake for dessert. That fortune cookie for dessert just wasn't quite enough.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:02 PM »

RLP, you are a bad influence...I was envious of your loot and so I got on Amazon and didn't look back...I now have Frank Stallone, Nervous Norvus, and Ray Noble all coming to me soon...quite an odd selection, I might say.

Well, if you ever decide to become a personal shopper, please don't be offended if I don't hire you to get my DVDs and CDs!

:D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:15:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

I finished watching CLOSER when I got in from lunch. I recorded it off HBO-HD to see if a high definition image would make this very intimate drama any more dramatic. Didn't help; didn't hurt, and as I have with it every time I've watched it, I enjoyed it very much.

I think Clive Owen deserved the Oscar for this performance. (Morgan Freeman won it for MILLION DOLLAR BABY. He's a fantastic actor, but though he was fine in that film, I think it was an award given for his many fine prior performances rather than for that single performance.)

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »

Next, I watched BOSTON LEGAL from last night. Tom Selleck was the guest star, and boy did I laugh as he and his fiancee sang "Something Good" at the rehearsal dinner and at their wedding (his fiance was a musical comedy fanatic).

Nice surprise ending in the courtroom, too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up