News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: QUITE  (Read 27307 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
QUITE
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:50:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were quite, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they'll be home just as soon as they use the word quite one hundred more times.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:26:35 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:QUITE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:53:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: PICOTEE!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »

TOD

I thought of it on the sperm of the moment.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:16:38 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today's picotee is Earl Gray.

I had a pleasant evening reading Armond Fields' biography of Fred Stone, even though there are several big errors in it according to Stone's autobiography ROLLING STONE.  I finished THE NANNY DIARIES two nights ago and I think I will begin a Ruth Rendell's NO NIGHT IS TOO LONG.  

Today, I have trips to Toyland and NYPL, and I need to think about Christmas choral arrangements.  "Tis the season.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:43:39 AM »

Nothing to do with the TOTD:

We just finished watching UK film "DISTANT VOICES - STILL LIVES" (1988).

IMHO a wonderful example of what film can achieve when a vision is realised and supported with such craftsmanship. The movie was recommended to me by a very good friend in London. I was only able to locate a copy on video - from the U S of A.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 04:44:53 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  It's cool and humid here today.

Thanks to DRs Vixmom, Cillaliz, and DakotaCelt for the travel vibes.  My mom and I are looking forward to this little trip.

TOD - One of my college jobs, in which I only lasted a week, was working in a local bakery.  Angie, who had been there forever, liked to sell Barbarian Creme doughnuts.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 04:45:51 AM »

Good morning DR Ginny.  And Goodnight.

I shall not be partaking of DR Elmore's Earl Gray - close to my least favourite of teas.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:47:32 AM »

LOL DR Ginny.

A common one here is "all goes well' instead of "augurs well".  

Casting nasturiums is almost accepted these days as being an appropriate (a BK reference) saying!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:51:58 AM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 05:02:36 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. The day after a storm is always cool and humid. Today it is a nippy 81F at 5 a.m., so I am going for a nice walk to enjoy the cool weather.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 05:15:59 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. The day after a storm is always cool and humid. Today it is a nippy 81F at 5 a.m., so I am going for a nice walk to enjoy the cool weather.

LOL, DR DearReaderLaura - when my mom lived in Phoenix, she'd call here and complain about how "muggy" it was out there, "The humidity's up to 12%!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 06:18:54 AM »

OK, all, I'm about to disconnect my computer for the long weekend.  Pardon my E&T-ness, should it occur.

Bye for now!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 06:21:05 AM »

Safe travel Ginny!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 06:22:37 AM »

On the TOD, I've always gotten a good chuckle out of our president's pronounciation of the word nuclear.  Or as he has been known to say nucular.  It's good to know that the man with his hand over the button cannot properly say what it is he controls.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 06:22:58 AM »

Hi Ben.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 06:24:02 AM »

I am off work today, but hope to get plenty done.  I've got to head to the gym, do a load of laundry, hit the grocery store, and get some sewing done.  Later tonight I'll head to the tmobile store to see about upgrading my phone, and then dinner with a good friend to celebrate our graduation.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 06:49:30 AM »

Hi, T.

I saw that Edward Hibbert is scheduled to do Curtains in LA. Does that mean he's leaving Drowsy Chaperone???

Must return to the Bristol Myers Foundation.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:50:09 AM »

I cannont comment on the godless whore that is Ann Coulter for it would be unprintable  :o Remember, this is a "family site"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:50:33 AM by Ben »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »

I've spent this morning cruising various job websites, looking for interesting job posting.  And at the Jewish Board website I was that they had just reposted the job I'd been interviewing for.  I'm guessing that it's gonna be a while before I hear back from them. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 07:04:51 AM »

What kills me is that there are two jobs outside the agency I would love to submit my resume for- but if I were hired, I would chance having to pay back my stipend.  Maybe I will go ahead and submit myself anyway.

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 07:23:02 AM »

BK, that is such wonderful, wonderful, wonderful (that is 3 wonderfuls) news about FLOWER DRUM SONG finally coming out! Yippee!

And in other wonderful DVD news...here is a nifty review of the new release of BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (one of my favorite movies) http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/beyondthevalleydolls70.htm ....the niftiest part of this release is the multitude of extras...many of the cast members have been brought back for several different commentaries and interviews...I cannot believe how many extras are on this release!!

And I had always wondered what had become of Marcia McBroom...it seems she left Hollywood way back when and went to New York...so I am curious to know if any New Yorkers have ever seen her in anything?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 07:24:05 AM »

Good morning!

It was overcast and cool when I got up around 8:30 this morning, but the sun is pepping out now, and it promises to heat up in a short amount of time. Showers predicted for this afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 07:26:05 AM »

Yes, I'm thrilled with the news about FLOWER DRUM SONG. It can't come soon enough to satisfy me! I can finally pitch that letterboxed videotape taken from an AMC broadcast (before they started showing commercials) into the trash.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 07:27:52 AM »

As for malaprops, I can't think of any special ones that have stuck in my mind, but for a show that uses them expertly, watch the MY NAME IS EARL marathon tonight on NBC. Earl's ex-wife Joy can't open her mouth without malaprops tumbling out in fine fashion.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »

I've been overdosing on musicals the last week or so, so today will be musical-free. As I mentioned last night, I'll try to get to Bette Davis' OLD ACQUAINTANCE today, but I have Paul Newman's HUD on tap first. Haven't seen it in a long time, so I'm looking forward to seeing this DVD. Hopefully Paramount did right by it.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 07:37:01 AM »

Hiya -

It's cloudy again today. Sheesh. Two beautiful days of blue skies and sun, and then at least 2 and probably more days of drizzle and overcast and (oh, Penny, bitch and moan!) and grey. (Let's whine a little, why don't we?)

Anyhow - the job I sent in my (gi-normous) application for back at the beginning of April... I got a call that my interview is June 27. And I have an even-more gi-normous presentation to make, in ten minutes of the hour-long meeting. Said presentation is: you have a 5-show season, and $200K to do it with. Pick 5 Broadway--style musicals, relevant to the area demographic. Explain: Which shows and why; and how do you budget the money?

I have tentatively begun to work out a season... but I am woefully unaware of smaller shows... as in, without large singer/dancer choruses. Recent seasons included small shows like Forever Plaid. Company. Got some ideas??? Please help me with this research!!!
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 07:37:01 AM »

Ah - yes Flower Drum Song....such good news!  I am going to like it here.  And DRJOSE can refresh his memory on his audition song and brush up on the choreography!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 07:40:42 AM »

Thanks for all the Vibes last night.  I believe they worked. Now I am waitng for a phone call.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 07:41:20 AM »

TOD: I resemble that remark

Let me just reguritate my point
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:51 AM »

BK, re: selling the DECEIT dvd.

I'm sure Days of Our Lives has some fan sites. And i'm sure many people there would buy the dvd.  Also, once it comes out you should give it to Matt to take with him to promotional events.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:52 AM »

DR PENNYO - Pippin is always fun.  As for smaller shows:

NUNSENSE
WORKING
PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES
110 IN THE SHADE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up