Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EMPTYING THE TRASH  (Read 20385 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
EMPTYING THE TRASH
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:15:43 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a certain trash value, and now it is time for you to post until the trashy cows come home.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:11:04 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:EMPTYING THE TRASH
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:16:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: OCCLUDE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:41:22 AM »

I got back from the Seattle Storm women's basketball game a couple of hours ago (they lost by eight points :() and have caught up with all the posts from yesterday.  

After that, I tried to do some screen captures of BK's original pilot to "Tabatha."  I have two different DVD player programs on my computer.  With one of them, the disc played perfectly, but I couldn't do a screen capture.  All I would get is a black box.  The other program has a screen capture/picture taker, but the disc wouldn't play at all!  All I could get is this:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42:54 AM »

It's not supposed to do that at all!  BK, it's a good thing that you're more interested in "The Partridge Family" stuff, but hopefully someone else can do "Tabatha" as well as "The Partridge Family."  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :-\

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:59:34 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 03:00:02 AM »

Good morning, all!  I woke up around 5:30 to the strains of Stephen Schwartz' "Fathers and Sons."  I don't know what it means in the scheme of the day, but it's certainly my most important thought at the moment.

Around 6:30, I'll call the car service, and head out to LaGuardia.  Next time I post will be in Ohio.  Keep those travel and health vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 03:46:21 AM »

Vibes for DR Elmore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 03:48:37 AM »

An occlude is sort of like a prelude, but lasts eight times longer.

We won't go into how long the fugue that follows lasts, but I advise going to the bathroom before the performance.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 04:04:22 AM »

I have a bunch of the Tabatha screen grabs which I will email to you.
But here is one of them.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 04:05:28 AM »

Okay one more.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 04:13:08 AM »

This just happened. I discovered after a virus scan I had a folder and within those files where many folders and files with nonsense names. (numbers, symbols etc) I could not delete them. I could not change the name. Contacted microsoft. With the tech (and through email) we tried many different things. None of them successful. Last resort was to reformat the drive. ( An auxilary drive) Couldn't do it. So I had decided to buy a program that did it. That worked. But backing up a couple of programs I screwed up somehow and they did not save them properly. I was able to restore one of them and waiting from the other company how to fix the problem.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 04:28:57 AM »

Morning all!

Many Vibes but Safe trip and Heath to our dear Elmore.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 05:24:28 AM »

Many good thoughts to our Elmore as he flies across the skies to Ohio.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 05:27:18 AM »

Glad to hear Miss Perfect Crime is not involved in The Fantasticks. It might turn out to be a good production then.

TCB, Perfect Crime has been running, uninterrupted except for moving to new theatres, for over 20 years. I remember it being one of the worst "professional" things I have ever seen and I mean EVER. In over 30 years of seeing theatre that ranks in the Top 5.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 05:28:25 AM »

Great pictures of Mr. Kimmel, looking so young and hirstute (not that he doesn't look young now, I shouldn't go there  ;))

Ben

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:31:14 AM »

We are supposed to get rain this weekend. Right now it's cloudy and it's supposed to get more humid as the day wears on.

Yesterday was the longest day of the year so I walked over to the Hudson River and walked along the Parkway. What a nice way to celebrate the Solstice. There was a breeze from the water and the smell (no, not that kind of bad smell) of fresh water was invigorating. I then walked home, put on a Sopranos DVD and rode the exercise bike.

I'm now at my desk about to plunge back into the AT&T Foundation.

Back later!

FJL

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:28 AM »

The worst thing that happened on the computer?  Maybe finding out that the Trivia question is coming back but I'll be out of town and won't be able to work on it until Sunday night.

Or have I missed the point of the question?  :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:55 AM »

Good morning all!

FJL

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 06:00:10 AM »

I think I've told Bruce this, but he was a big hit in the 1970's with lots of the kids at my Yeshivah, and those pictures bring back memories of some performances that were very special to us Yeshivah kids in those days.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 07:01:36 AM »

Great pix of our young BK!

Fortunately, I've never had any real computer disaster (knock wood) where I lost massive amounts of work or stored info or anything like that.  The worst thing I've had is where something was taking over my homepage and it took forever to isolate the problem and get rid of it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 07:39:43 AM »

Good morning!

I fully intended to be on-line this morning around 8 a.m., but plans don't often happen just right.

Anyway, it's a beautiful but hot day and the pool should be just right for swimming and sunbathing in a little bit.

Showers are forecast for later in the afternoon but I'll be home long before then.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41:55 AM »

I've never had any computer disasters, either. Yep, I've had a couple die on me, but thankfully, I never lost any vital information that I didn't have on backup floppies or CD-Rs.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »

Mail delivery is sure funny. For the last few weeks, my mail has been coming mid-afternoon after many years of coming around noon.

Today, it came at 10:30. So unpredictable.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 07:46:11 AM »

So, I'll be spending this afternoon and evening with THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN Seasons 3-4.

I'm looking forward to these color episodes, not because of their dramatic quality (the show got sillier and more childish in these years), but simply hoping the picture quality will surpass what I've taped off TV for years. Usually, the color episodes had too much contrast and the colors were rather pale. I'm hoping Warners has done right by the materials they had to work with.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 07:55:16 AM »

After seeing DR RODZINSKI'S post last night, I am immediatly booking Bald Bill Hagan and the Trocaderos to play at my Home Strip Tease Party!

It will be TOO much fun!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 07:56:02 AM »

DR JOSE is on his way to VASSAR?

Perhaps he can do his favorite R/H song as he did in the fifth grade!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 07:59:33 AM »

I got my SUPERMAN 3/4 notice as well....he is flying on his way to Indiana!

NOW....I must say, after watching the DVD of The Doris Day Special, why I don't remember them fondly.  They are done without an audience and with ALL prerecorded music/vocals and "reaction."  The dancing is really bad....I remember thinking that even then.  Doris looks okay, but she looks better on film than on video tape.

And in one sequence she is buzzed by a fly and that is the take that is used in the finished show.  

It all seems so lazy and canned.....it's hard NOT to enjoy Doris Day (and Perry Como) - and I did....but not much.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2006, 08:04:04 AM »

Hmm....losing things on the computer that I know are there!

Just last week I had the worst problem I ever had....I kept getting DNS Server Error and could not connect to the internet.  Maddening.  It went on for days.

Of course I finally discovered that my Grisoft/AVG Virus protection was the culprit.  I uninstalled and installed MacAfee and so far so good.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 08:04:16 AM »

Great pictures of Mr. Kimmel, looking so young and hirstute (not that he doesn't look young now, I shouldn't go there  ;))

Svelte....I was thinking "svelte"....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 08:28:40 AM »

DR Jennifer,

My pickes for Big Brother:

Kaysar
Howie
Bunky
James
Cowboy
Danielle

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 08:29:07 AM »

One of my favorite forums is currently undergoing a bitchfest in which a number of folks are carping about the list not meeting their needs...how they want to "unsubscribe" when all one needs do is go away and stop posting...how people aren't talking about things that interest them....etc., etc., whine, whine, whine.

If they would simply address the topics they would like to see discussed -- and then "discuss them" -- I think all the problems would go away.

But no...it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault.

Funny story:  When I was on USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) in the mid-1980s, I was the chief in charge of shipboard TV and radio.  We had 5 TV channels and one of my tasks was to program them all.  One channel was exclusively for training and one channel  was exclusively for Armed Forces TV programs sent to us on a weekly basis (sufficient for programming one channel).

The other three channels were movie channels.  We had a movie library courtesy of the Armed Forces TV network...and we had a ship's library...we would spend a lot our inport time renting movies and dubbing them and then playing them on our three channels.

One night, at sea, we had all five channels going.  I had scheduled "Laura", and it was midway through the film.  An aviator called and began berating me for showing a black-and-white movie...plus it was a movie that had no action in it.  As I was diplomatically addressing his points -- telling him there were other channels to watch and that if he couldn't change the channel he might find another room where crewmembers were watching something he would like --  my boss was taking another call.  

As I finished my call from the aviator, my boss listened intently to what was being said on his line.  He then declared, "Because it's a fucking classic!"  and calmly replaced the receiver onto the phone.

And that reminds me of internet forums....people either take the time to discuss differences of opinion...or people "flame".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:37:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up