Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I DREAM OF JEANNIE  (Read 30073 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I DREAM OF JEANNIE
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were like a rollercoaster, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently watching some Ozu films and then they'll be right home.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:11:38 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I DREAM OF JEANNIE
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: SERENDIPITY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 12:21:35 AM »

Glad you have a lovely chat with your friend JEannie, it is nice to make connections with those we have lost touch with!  Love it when Serendipity strikes!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 12:22:16 AM »

Have fun signing DVD jackets with Matt and good luck on finding the errant package!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »

Serendipity... Unexpected happenings... It is lovely when it happens. For me I guess it would be meeting people I never expected to meet or something that comes along in genealogy research that puts allthe pieces together....

Serendipity is nice when it comes to writing... Inspiraction can occur in the strangest of places...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »

It would truly be an act of serendipity if I ever met Matt Ashford, Pierce Brosnan or Liam neeson.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »

Serendipity... Finding out a piece of information on a mysterious line you are working on and the answer mysteriously appears...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:29:56 AM »

eerie occurences and mysteries always seem to abound with serendipity

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:30:38 AM »

Or could it be Seren Di Pity?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 12:31:20 AM »

or Sirend i pity....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 12:32:15 AM »

funny how life is a mystery wonder if Serendipity has any psychic connections...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 12:34:17 AM »

Media check:

CDplayer: Robert Clary, Van Morrison/Georgie  
Fame and Liz Callaway (I am really, really liking her voice)
DVD: Dreamkeeper
VHS: Madness of King George III

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 03:38:15 AM »

The Serendipity - grassy plains of Africa.  Home of the Tofu beast.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 03:42:21 AM »

TOTD:
CD:  Joe Meek - the alchemist of pop.
DVD:  documentary on "Gloomy Sunday" (The suicide song)

The link between the items above is concidental - not serendipic. Joe Meek killed himself in 1967
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 04:30:40 AM »

SURRENDER DIPPITY - that's what the wicked witch wrote in the sky when her hair wouldn't cooperate (or was that Surrender Dippity Do?)

Anyway, this is uncharacteristically early for me.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 04:31:49 AM by FJL »

Michael

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 05:02:55 AM »

BK:
Going through my files and found the press kit for Nudie Musical with many B & W if you like I can scan one or two if you like. There is a staged one of you in a director's pose pointing.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 05:05:08 AM »

TOD:
Nothing planned

BUT: Going through my books to see what I will keep, what I will (try to) sell and what I will donate. I will do the same for CDs and DVDs, Just way too many.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 05:28:59 AM »

I am listening to the OCR of You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown (the original original, not the revival). I just finished listening to High Society (I transferred a cassette tape to CD). I have Stop the World, I Want to Get Off (OBC), No Strings (OBC), 110 in the Shade (OBC) and A Little Night Music (OBC)

Ben

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 05:35:49 AM »

I still have episodes 7-10 of The Sopranos to view. I'll watch a couple of them this weekend as I ride the exercise bike. It's a good way to pass the time.

I'm having dinner on Saturday with a group of friends. We do this every Saturday before the Pride celebration on Sunday. We have dinner in a Village Restaurant called Cafe Loup, a French-influenced restaurant. We then walk around the teeming village until around Midnight and then head over to Washington Square Park and look at the Empire State Building which is bathed in purple light. They turn off the lights at midnight. We then head home bathed in our own pride  ;)

Sunday I may watch some of the Pride Parade (it's supposed to rain) and I'm also scheduled to have a late birthday dinner with a friend. He was out of town on his birthday (last Saturday) so we're getting together Sunday.

That's the report from Chelsea.

Back to AT&T!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »

I may drive up to the second alternate camp site for church camp. It begins today, and I want to get photos for the newsletter. The first two sites for camp were nixed this week because of wildfire concerns, so I hope we will be okay with this one.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 05:57:32 AM »

Cillaliz, I think you should name your new kitty Jeannie, in honor of today's notes.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 06:49:23 AM »

Wow such Thunderstorms AND rain last night.  And more predicted for today.

I read a bit more of a book about John Wilkes Booth....have another one coming...of course the one I was MOST interested in is arriving AFTER the one I was casually interested in.  Oh well.

Computer......did the man ever say what CAUSED the problem?  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 06:52:33 AM »

CILLALIZ - the Cat Without a Home looks like a cat we had for many years named Precious (not by us).....  I still miss her.  She was our last cat - so far.  8)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:53:03 AM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »

I remember the Serendipity Singers!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 06:55:22 AM »

TOD:

CD - The Drowsy Chaperone OBC

DVD - SUPERMAN seasons 3,4

VCR - THIS SPORTING LIFE

I am searching for a copy of Ozu's FLOATING WEEDS for less than $25!  And it is difficult....but I will find it!

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 06:56:16 AM »

Media Check:

CD: Two vintage albums downloaded from Weirdomusic.com OOOOOOOH! NORMA by Norma Bengall (star of the Italian film PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES)

DVD: I have no idea at this point...could be just about anything.

DVR: Episodes of MXC, Cheyenne, Bourbon Street Beat, and Lassie still to catch up on.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 07:01:43 AM »

Good Morning!

Hmm......

(and that's all for this post...)

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 07:02:24 AM »

DR Dakota Celt - Did you catch my San Fran Chocolate Post from last night?  Just wundrin'....
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 07:05:35 AM »

Good morning!

It's sunny but partly cloudy here and hot/humid/typical SOuthern summer weather.

Except for my usual Friday errands, I plan to spend the day inside.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 07:05:50 AM »

Friday Media Check...

Hmm...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up