Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALLING ASL  (Read 23433 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FALLING ASL
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 09:36:56 AM »

Oh, and why are we STILL on page one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2006, 09:37:10 AM »

Oh, and why are we still on page two?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 09:37:25 AM »

We've now had several correct answers for the trivia contest.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 11:12:59 AM »

Okay - I'm getting in the car... I'll mosey over to the Oaks of Sherman... I'll see if BK can see me before lunch... I've moved family stuff to afternoon... off i go...
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 11:54:07 AM »

Back from my jog and am awaiting the arrival of PennyO.  In the meantime, this will NOT do - thirty-three posts at noon?  I'm afraid the bitch-slap machine is on its way out and it will be MERCILESS!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »

It looks like we've successfully placed Angie in a new home.

When I got off work yesterday, der Brucer had Angie in the car with him.  The parents of a nine-year-old girl had made contact, and wanted their little girl to meet our little girl and see if they were a good match.  They were indeed.  Dad clearly has had experience in training dogs, and spent nearly an hour with Angie coaching her on sitting, staying, coming.  He'll most likely get Daughter involved in the training as well, teaching her how to assert herself.  We left Angie with her new family, feeling good about her new surroundings.  

So we're back to a family of two humans and five dogs.  That's not likely to last very long.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

Good news about Angie, Woody!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 01:22:29 PM »

I watched CHARLIE CHAN IN EGYPT to begin the afternoon. Stupidly, I had the right murderer and talked myself out of it before the revelation. Dumb.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

Then I watched the documentary on the CHAN disc about the "real" Charlie Chan." I had never heard about this man and found it very informative. Glad this was included as an extra on the set.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »

Put in the last of the SUPERMAN discs which I hadn't watched, and I enjoyed several episodes including "The Girl Who Hired Superman" and "The Wedding of Superman." Didn't get to my all-time favorite color episode "Dagger Island," but it's next, and I'll watch it when I go back in the den for evening viewing.

John Eldredge (Gloria Talbot's guardian in "The Girl Who Hired Superman") has always been a favorite character actor.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2006, 01:27:51 PM »

I got the Fox Movie Channel's presentation of CONEY ISLAND when it was shown at some point this morning. I believe I watched this not too long ago, but I'll start it again probably tomorrow to see if I want to save it.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 01:29:30 PM »

I also recorded ATHENA from TCM this morning (this is the Jane Powell-Debbie Reynolds musical with Steve Reeves in it.)

I have the film on laserdisc, but the laserdisc presentation is full frame, and ATHENA was letterboxed on TCM and looks much sharper than the laserdisc so I'll probably burn a DVD-R for myself of this movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 01:52:46 PM »

On the way to clean my bathroom now and then back to some more DVDs and TV.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 02:11:07 PM »

Are we on our way to a new all-time low?  At this rate, we certainly are.

Had a nice visit with PennyO, gave her my two cents about her upcoming interview, and then played her the four songs, which she seemed to like - the final one, the ballad that I had so much trouble with, moved her to tears, so that was nice.  We then had a nice lunch.

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »

Greetings from Cleveland, OH!  The drive up here seemed to take for-evah - lots of traffic and construction zones.

At least I had a good audio book:  Martha Grimes' Foul Matter narrated by Stephen Hoye.  It's a thriller set in the NY publishing world and the literary discourses between the hit men are hysterical.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

DR SWW - any photos of Angie with her new humans?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

Sorry, no pics.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:24 PM »

It's very warm in the business center here in this hotel - I'm going to meet my friend for dinner soon.

Bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 02:48:10 PM »

Where has this day gone?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 02:58:43 PM »

There is one problem with our having placed Angie in a new home...

Fletcher misses her.

Sure, he was getting pretty tired of her constant pesting to play.  There's only so often a fellow wants his tail pulled or leg gnawed on.

All the same, he's acting mopey today.

He hasn't even bothered to knock over the kitchen trash can.

:'(

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »

I thought that the title of today's notes had to do with sign language when I first saw it.

So did I Micheal!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »

Only about twenty copies left of the signed Deceit DVDs - order now or forever hold your peace or your piece or your peas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »

I'm afraid we're going to need a few frenzies.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 03:19:55 PM »

Bitch-slapping a'comin'

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »

We're still on page TWO for God's sake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2006, 03:20:59 PM »

We're not even NEAR page three, and even if we were, that would STILL be unacceptable.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2006, 03:21:45 PM »

But I really don't have anything to write right now.   :P

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2006, 03:22:24 PM »

Will let a few know that there are 20 left....

Hmm, Maybe I can talk Stephanie into buying aanother copy....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2006, 03:22:56 PM »

Working on the trivia questions... Man, am I rusty...

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2006, 03:49:12 PM »

HI all!  DR Ginny, didn't mean to not respond this morning. As soon as I logged on I heard the most god awful noise outside - it was my handyman grinding the stumps left from the bushes he took out last week.  So, I ran outside to see what was up. It was great, except I decided to take more bushes out, so I may have to pay to rent the stump grinder again after he's got the rest of the bushes removed.  He also hauled a ton of boxes I had in the garage from moving to the recycle bin.  

That got me off on a cleaning frenzy. I have been working on the house all day. It's great to have this energy.  I still have a couple things to do, then I'll set up Bootsie's room - I decided to give her the guest room instead of putting her in the basement.  Callie used to like that room, but hasn't gone in there in ages.  It's actually the room where she can do the least damage.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up