Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES  (Read 18309 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:09:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you were in your Sunday clothes when you read the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently having a Sunday kind of love and they can't be bothered now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:42:32 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:09:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: TROPE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:01:27 AM »

Welcome ten GUESTS!  I must say, you're putting the WUSSBURGERS to shame!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 01:01:40 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »

I made the tragic mistake of taking a short nap late yesterday afternoon that turned into five hours of sleep... I am still wide awake at this hour...

Back to solving the mysteries of unmarked tape...

I do have to say one of the tapes was fun  to find... Matt and Kevin on the same tape!!

A partial of episode of MASH with the charming as ever Monsieur Kimmel!!

And one program I am asking myself why I taped it.. It is some REALLY bad MOW!!!

I did find the tape I have been looking for that my friend Cassie had sent me from her personal tape collection.. Her hubby converted it from PALS to NTSC and it is an appearance of hte Chieftains on the Byrne show, A couple of episodes of a show called Ghlean Rua, and the Irish version of Wheel of Fortune.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 02:27:00 AM »

Anyone else ever have the fun challenge of unsolved mysteries of tapes not labeled?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 02:29:15 AM »

One of my other treasures include Burgess Meredith performing with the chieftains....

A grainy copy of the St. Patricks day Parade in NYC in 02...  

8 more tapes to go... Man, i really do need to learn to LABEL, yes LABEL!!

THat should be the topic of my next book!!  Labeling essentails!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 02:31:00 AM »

OR should my new book topic be:

The fine art of Fast Forwarding....

the elements of timing commercials and painful scenes or just down right rotten programs...

Includes timing exercises and exercises to improve dexterity,yes dexterity...

Man two VCRS and one DVD player at a single fell swoop and not miss a minute!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:35:05 AM by DakotaCelt »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 02:32:26 AM »

Last night, DearReaderLaura wrote:
Ouch, George. You sister is selling your house out from under you?

No...not out from under me.  She had told me when I moved in that if I wanted to buy the house, she'd give me a real good deal, but actually, I don't want to buy the house.  There's nothing wrong with the house (except that it needs a new hot water heater) but I don't want to buy a house...I hate yard work. :P I don't want to do yard work, and since I'm old enough to make my own decisions, and I have a job and have paid off my credit cards, I can make my own decisions, which include deciding not to buy a house with a yard that requires yard work that I don't want to do. ;D

So, eventually I'll buy a condo or something like that.  But in the meantime, I have to clean the house because I haven't in a while. ::) So, we'll get the house ready and I'll probably get an apartment so that I can save some money for a down payment on something.  My parents gave my sister the empty lot where she built her house, but that's all they have, except for the house that they live in.  So, my sister said that after she sells the house, she'd give me half the value of the lot.  That'll start a nice savings account for my down payment and it won't take as long for me to save some money.  Well...that's the plan, anyway. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:19 AM »

Anyone else ever have the fun challenge of unsolved mysteries of tapes not labeled?

I have a couple hundred tapes and very few of them are marked.  I'm not too worried about it.  There are way too many that I've never even watched. ::) (I have a tendency to do that...tape or even buy something, then never watch it).

It's that old procrastinator gene, again. :P

;)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:34:46 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 02:37:01 AM »

I have a couple hundred tapes and very few of them are marked.  I'm not too worried about it.  There are way too many that I've never even watched. ::) (I have a tendency to do that...tape or even buy something, then never watch it).

It's that old procrastinator gene, again. :P

;)

Bad George...

I have to... I have to keep mine in order for I have lot of soaps tapes and other programs. I do not have cable so I watch my tapes...

Yes, I have a lot tapes and most are labeled. I have discovered I have a tape so Passions.... What was I thinking and why do I have this horrid program....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 02:39:58 AM »

I am hoping to find my Cruise of Deception tape. I have not idea where it is....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 02:41:06 AM »

I do have to say I have found a few interesting documentaries I forgot i had including Doctor Who ones.

BTW, GEorge, You are not going ot like the ending of Season Two. I have already seen it.....

GRRRR, I am saddened....

George

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 02:42:54 AM »

??? I'm assuming that it's not just a case of another actor playing the role of the Doctor?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 02:43:50 AM »

??? I'm assuming that it's not just a case of another actor playing the role of the Doctor?

NO... sniff, sniff

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 02:44:15 AM »

The doctor is fine.... sniff, sniff

George

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 02:44:27 AM »

I thought about buying the new series one "Doctor Who" DVDs from England, but that'll cost a lot more than the US release, which will be released on Tuesday!  I'm hoping Costco will have them.

George

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »

The doctor is fine.... sniff, sniff

I'm sure I have an idea.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 02:48:06 AM »

An appropriate picture for the nightowls....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 02:49:19 AM »

I'm sure I have an idea.

It is so sad....

A gal i know from the Connotator let us know about it and we saw a clip...

George

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 02:50:18 AM »

Cool picture!

And on that note (low E-flat), I must go to bed.  I have a lot of cleaning up to do (after I wake up later in the morning).  Tonight, I'm going with my friend and her kids to a co-worker's house to see some fireworks where they live.  It's supposed to be pretty spectacular and since the co-worker's neighbors pay for the fireworks, it's all free to me!  Free is good. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:50:51 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 02:50:26 AM »

I thought about buying the new series one "Doctor Who" DVDs from England, but that'll cost a lot more than the US release, which will be released on Tuesday!  I'm hoping Costco will have them.

I am waiting for the US release... I have a number of tapes from the classic series... The only doctor I do not have tapes of is the 6th doctor and I am not a fan of Colin Baker.

I found him arrogant after going to a SciFi fair in the Twin Cities and I met him there.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:52:55 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »

Cool picture!

And on that note (low E-flat), I must go to bed.  I have a lot of cleaning up to do (after I wake up later in the morning).  Tonight, I'm going with my friend and her kids to a co-worker's house to see some fireworks where they live.  It's supposed to be pretty spectacular and since the co-worker's neighbors pay for the fireworks, it's all free to me!  Free is good. :)

Have fun!!  Free is always good!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 04:12:16 AM »

OOOHHH!!!  Doctor Who comes out on TUESDAY!!!!

Uh, wait a sec... that means it comes out on July 4th, Independence Day.  Like a lot of stores are going to be bringing out the new stuff then.

:P

(But I should have Wednesday off, so we can head up to Borders and...  :D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 04:12:46 AM »

I already know why *sniff.*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 04:14:08 AM »

I'm going to RE-POT some herbs while I think about the word TROPE.  Maybe a good idea will bloom.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

Yesterday was Grandlad Alex's birthday party.  He was (for the most part) well behaved.  So was Mommy.

But they're here in Rehoboth Beach today, so they can watch the fireworks tonight.  I'm not sure I want to go.  I don't like crowds, and it's going to be a mob scene downtown.  I don't like screaming, and Mommy is sure to do a lot of that.  And I've got a very early start time at work on Monday.

Bleh.

(Speaking of which, I'm off to earn my daily whatever.  Later.)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 04:28:07 AM »

I am going to re-top the coffee cup!!

FJL

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 05:54:33 AM »

JMK - This trivia contest turned out to be tougher for me than the musical-oriented ones, but I submitted a guess.  Like they say about Lotto, you gotta be in it to win it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 06:06:44 AM »

Working today.  NO try on the Trivia Question, yet!  But I will work on it.  Sounds intriguing.

I had a friend make a video copy of YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE for me, a movie that I love.  I ran out of blank video tapes, and I thought I would be interested in some damned Debbie Allen movie about the Apollo Theatre or something, so I put that tape in....it had run about to the middle, so I thought I was at the END of HAWKE.  Of course, I wasn't.  So now I have a STUPID dance movie that was AWFUL and only half of YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE.

Maybe it will be on television again sometime.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up