Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES  (Read 18315 times)

FJL

Re:PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »

And one for Mother!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2006, 06:23:55 PM »

Hi, elmo! I believe it's a root fungus - rather like a truffle... hogs dig it up

Truffles don't have green leaves!  Seven-Up appears to be either a carrot or a lemon but it cannot grow in two different vegetations.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

I don't think my Mom gets the joke when I affectionately refer to her as "Mama Rosalie."

FJL

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2006, 06:26:01 PM »

Or else she gets the joke and is refraining from smacking me one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

I'm going to CURTAINS in LA on July 28th.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it.  I'll be in LA from late morning on the 28th (Friday) to late morning on the 30th (Sunday)  I'd love to see anyone who may be around that weekend.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »

I'm watching Prairie Home Companion 4th of July at Tanglewood. What fun.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »

I'm watching Prairie Home Companion 4th of July at Tanglewood. What fun.

So are we, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »

So are we, DR Cillaliz!

It's fun isn't it -

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2006, 07:01:26 PM »

Who all are coming to this shindig?  DRs MBarnum, Jed, Ann, JMK, Jane?  Am I missing anyone?  I wanna go!!!!

I'll be there, too.  You're more than welcome!!  Just hitch a ride and you'll get here in time! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

Posting from home, but on Vinnie's computer, but with my backup drive.  So, we know that we can boot up from my external drive perfectly - in fact, it's amazing.  We boot off my drive and his computer is suddenly MY computer.  We almost got my dead computer to boot off it, but it hangs up about the 3/4 point, which leads Vinnie to believe that it could be more than just the hard drive that's dead.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to call an authorized Mac store in Encino where Vinnie had work done on his hard drive.  If they're working tomorrow, I might be able to bring it in and have them fix it there, as they take the AppleCare warranty.  Otherwise, I have to ship it to Apple and it takes seven to ten days, although my computer guy says that it sometimes takes less.  We shall see.  I have the use of this computer for about ninety minutes now, so I'll do tomorrow's notes now and just post them with tomorrow's date.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »

The Dell is deader than the Mac - totally fried hard drive.  Very annoying.

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2006, 07:14:33 PM »

Funny thing about this episode of A Prairie Home Companion is that Rob and I listened to the first half on our drive to meet Richard at the Apple Store this afternoon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »

Hey, guess who's coming to our house for dinner tomorrow?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2006, 07:19:55 PM »

Good news about your backup drive, BK.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »

So, here's the way it will work - I'll post the notes whenever, but no one read them until midnight.  Also, I won't be able to change the topic until the morning, so we'll just keep posting in the old topic until I can do it.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »

Funny thing about this episode of A Prairie Home Companion is that Rob and I listened to the first half on our drive to meet Richard at the Apple Store this afternoon.

I still can't decide if I really like watching it. It's a novelty and fun once in awhile, but I have my own images I like to think of when I listen to it

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2006, 07:26:47 PM »

sounds like a good plan, BK

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »

Sidney Poitier?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2006, 07:31:02 PM »

Sidney Poitier?
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2006, 07:31:20 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2006, 07:31:50 PM »

TCB, we think alike!

Uh, oh, is that good?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »

Damn!  I have been bested by Mr. Barnum.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2006, 07:33:28 PM »

TCB, we think alike!

Uh, oh, is that good?

Hmmm, I am speechless.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2006, 07:33:37 PM »

yeah! Lake Woebegone...he didn't do that when he was in Sioux City, I was a bit disappointed about that

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »

Cillaliz, do you still have relatives in Portland? I just returned from a birthday celebration of my Uncle Bud's 80th...his old high school buddy Arnie Lindstrom (I think that was his name) was also celebrating his 80th along with a gal named Doris, who I think was related to Arnie somehow....there were several gals there that resembled you!

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2006, 07:39:13 PM »

Cillaliz, do you still have relatives in Portland? I just returned from a birthday celebration of my Uncle Bud's 80th...his old high school buddy Arnie Lindstrom (I think that was his name) was also celebrating his 80th along with a gal named Doris, who I think was related to Arnie somehow....there were several gals there that resembled you!

No, I don't have that sort or relative in Portland. It was my sister's ex-husband and his family. So, if someone resembles me she is just lucky I guess... ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »

wonderful paintings Cilla!! The artists have done a beautiful job!! Kudos!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2006, 07:48:10 PM »

Posting from home, but on Vinnie's computer, but with my backup drive.  So, we know that we can boot up from my external drive perfectly - in fact, it's amazing.  We boot off my drive and his computer is suddenly MY computer.  We almost got my dead computer to boot off it, but it hangs up about the 3/4 point, which leads Vinnie to believe that it could be more than just the hard drive that's dead.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to call an authorized Mac store in Encino where Vinnie had work done on his hard drive.  If they're working tomorrow, I might be able to bring it in and have them fix it there, as they take the AppleCare warranty.  Otherwise, I have to ship it to Apple and it takes seven to ten days, although my computer guy says that it sometimes takes less.  We shall see.  I have the use of this computer for about ninety minutes now, so I'll do tomorrow's notes now and just post them with tomorrow's date.

Sounds almost like the mother board and power unit are about kapoot!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2006, 07:54:32 PM »

wonderful paintings Cilla!! The artists have done a beautiful job!! Kudos!!

Thanks. It's a lot of fun. There are a number of people involved and we all look forward to it every year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »

I might be able to get an old titanium powerbook to use until mine is fixed.  I just don't know if that store is working tomorrow or off until Wednesday, in terms of taking the computer there for fixing.  We shall see.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up