Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: A ROOM WITH A VIEW  (Read 33249 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:A ROOM WITH A VIEW
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2003, 10:16:52 PM »

Note to DR Kerry: Let's have coffee sometime.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2003, 10:32:45 PM »

DR Ron: TT was worth every minute and second of my time as were the extra and extended scenes. Five people here were entranced , enthralled and involved throughout. No way does the movie ever drag. Fosca did not like the "thunder" sounds but otherwise seemed to enjoy the viewing. Magnus was a little worried that trees might be able to take their revenge. I think he may be more careful with his actions for a while!

I know I'm more than a little excited about the impending release of "Return of the King."

"The Two Towers" in its expanded version (vision) is extraordinary whereas the theatrical release was excellent.  The expanded footage deepens the film immeasurably.  Merry and Pippin really take on a great deal of character depth with the ent sequences -- and that scene in the storehouse of Saruman is priceless.  I haven't even begun to take advantage of the commentaries!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2003, 10:36:16 PM »

Note to DR Ron: I could resist the green-bean casserole, but I'd be tearing into the meatballs and the cheesecake!

Harrumph!  You can't smell my casserole cooking.  And I am very picky about the green beans, too.  They need flavor and bite!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2003, 10:40:33 PM »

JoseSPiano, I see you're logged on, but I've missed your posting.

Hopefully, you're drafting something amazing and will post it before I go to bed!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2003, 10:41:49 PM »

Tom from Oz:  What, if anything, do you know about François?

Did he lose his logon to post here?  

Has anyone heard anything from François?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2003, 10:42:16 PM »

At the risk....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2003, 10:42:26 PM »

of making someone mad....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »

or of upsetting someone who perceives these vanity posts as excessive and unnecessary....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2003, 10:43:23 PM »

I can ask only for forgiveness and indulgence as I seek to learn what will happen....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2003, 10:45:02 PM »

when I post my1,001st post...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 10:45:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2003, 10:45:40 PM »

There are just five short posts....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2003, 10:45:53 PM »

plus one to grow on....

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2003, 10:46:37 PM »

before I can attain that milestone.  

If Tom From Oz was not being tongue-in-cheek (which would make him tonguey-cheeky), I might see myself reset to Zero and have to start all over.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2003, 10:46:55 PM »

If that happens, I shan't be devastated...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2003, 10:47:19 PM »

But I also shan't be happy at all...in the least...in the slightest!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2003, 10:47:54 PM »

It is quite possible absolutely NOTHING will happen.

And all this talk will have been in vain for nothing!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:36 PM »

And a resounding THUD rang out across the ethernet...as NOTHING WHATSOEVER happened.

Sigh!

Tomovoz

« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2003, 10:56:16 PM »

To answer your question Ron, wouldn't it be easier to ask François? He is at work this weekend.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2003, 10:57:19 PM »

I'm here.  I'm here....

-Just finished reading today's posts - at least the ones posted so far...  However, I'm also multi-tasking and catching up and replying to a day's worth of e-mails...

I shall post today's report shortly...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2003, 11:02:08 PM »

Is it "all systems go" for tomorrow TCB? Is there enough gruel to go round?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2003, 11:20:17 PM »

DR Emily - I believe that would be a Conga Line, not a Cha-Cha Line...  But just how would a Cha-Cha Line "sound"...'Wick-Ed, N-Y-C... Wick-Ed, Em-i-ly..."  ???

Soooo happy that you're going to see Wicked even though it will be Butz-less.  ;)

Today was good.  Good understudy rehearsal, and we did not have to have a put-in rehearsal this afternoon after all... But the under-study did very well today.  However... big sigh of relief!

Oh, funny story from today... well, sort of funny.. I hope...

We got to the final scene during the rehearsal.  They set up a keyboard in the house so I can see the actors (the actual pit is underneath the stage).  Well, today was a start-and-stop day, and in between songs I would shift over a few seats to get out of the major draft that I was sitting under.  Well... I suddenly heard my cue for the last bit of music in the finale...  I got up and apologized for not paying attention... Then it hit me that I had not played the music for the first part of the finale... hmm.... they I realized everyone was smiling at me...  They just ran the first part of the finale without me playing... They let me nap!  I was napping!  I couldn't believe it!  I'm just glad I wasn't snoring - at least no one told me I did..  So, through some major giggles I got through the end of the show... Then... We went back and covered some earlier scenes...  We go through the Chess Board sequence.. and then I hear the beginning of "How to Handle A Woman".... I had fallen-a-napped again!  More giggles!  In any case...

I blamed it on the cold, as well as the three boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts that the assistant stage manager brought it.  I had at least three.. probably four.  YUMMY!  I guess my sugar coma kicked in.  ;-)

-Well, it was funny to me and my cast.

I also got my own NYC trip "woes" worked out.  Sometimes box office personnel can be flexible... and sometimes they can just make your day.  Today was one of those days.  Whew!  *I'll now be coming up from January 14-18 (was going to be the work earlier, but other things came up).  I'm catching up on a bunch of shows - and friends in shows.  I just hope The Golddiggers of 2004 don't put the city in lock down after they leave town.   ;-)

I think that's all for now... we'll see...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 11:24:37 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2003, 11:20:54 PM »

Will leave you to hold the fort Jed. Duty calls. It's supper time (Little Shop Of Horrors). Feed me..
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2003, 11:44:40 PM »

I'm finally home at eleven-thirty.  Whew.  I am going to attempt to go in at the normal early hour so I can leave by five or so.  We'll see.  Meanwhile, not only did we pass 12,000 posts today, we also passed two hundred posts for the day for the first time in over five days.  Hoo and ray with a yay thrown in for good measure.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2003, 11:49:07 PM »

Oh - that was three or four donuts... not three or four boxes of donuts... <burp>

As for Christmas wishes/gifts...

Last year was "my Christmas".  Amazon.com was my friend.  As was Macy's.  As was Williams-Sonoma.  As was Sur La Table.  As was Best Buy.  -And there actually some things I bought for myself last Christmas that still haven't left their box and/or been opened and put to their proper use.

This Christmas season - at least so far - anything I've bought for myself has just been "because" - and I haven't really had that many "because" purchases.  There is actually nothing I really need this Christmas.  Of course, there are many things I want, but I've always preferred practical gifts - things I can use, wear, play regularly.  I hate when things sit on a shelf gathering dust.

If there was anything I'd really want for Christmas, it would be a larger apartment - or house - that had a nice kitchen with a gas stove and LOTS of counter space.

I would also wish that everyone we picked to cast on the audition tour I was on in August accepted their offers...

And cookies and milk for everyone!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2003, 11:51:44 PM »

Goodnight from us in Oz Jose.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2003, 12:01:21 AM »

I'm at my sister's house, house-sitting and pet-sitting.  Both the cat (Casper) and dog (Murphy) are rather chipper (very good for the dog who has been a little under the weather lately).  I'm just checking in to see how far past 12,000 we've gone.  12,037!  Only 963 until 13,000!!  ;D

I must now go to sleep at the unseemly early time (for me) of only a bit after midnight.  I have to get up at 6:00 in the AM(!) to let out the dog so that he can do his morning business.  That's the worst part about pet-sitting.  You have to live by the ANIMAL'S schedule.  Normally I don't wake up until 8:30!  Pity me! ;)

Goodnight All!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 12:01:51 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up