Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I LED THIRTEEN LIVES  (Read 59942 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:I LED THIRTEEN LIVES
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »

But now I must get ready to go to work.  I'm trying to talk him into swinging by my office later today to bring me dinner but no luck so far. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27:06 AM »

Page 3 So You Think You Can Dance dance.  In honor of tonight's special 2 hour episode.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27:36 AM »

Before I go- vibes to any and all who need them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2006, 09:30:10 AM »

bk, if you could take your kritzerland series and produce a movie, who would you have playing the lead?

We've done this as a topic way back when - Benjamin would have to be a newcomer.  Minnie and Ernie are very hard to cast.  I can't remember all of the suggestions, but Meryl Streep was there, as was Barbra Streisand - in days of yore, I would have suggested Judy Holliday.  In days of yore, Howard da Silva as Ernie would have been just right.  

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »

For OZDEREK and my parents and assorted other Dearly Departeds... whatever was best and most fulfilling in life, I hope that's hereafter. Although - as i was waking up a few mornings ago, I had a distinct impression of my mother stomping down the hallway muttering, "You people..." in disgust. She was, however, accompanied by a dog... wherever there's a dawg, life be jes' fine.

Speaking of which - oh, I hope that little girl loves BOO! Get that little rascal away from Callie's home environment, and into his own happy home!

Okay, so I've been avoiding the horror of the day - which is JRAND's sister's weird affinity for her internet scumbag. OY!! My guess is that the fantasy is so much more intriguing and exhilarating than the actuality will prove to be. Ladies of a certain age.... well, you know. Not for nothing they call it Mental Pause... Anyway, when she wakes up, my guess is she'll suddenly have a Family Emergency she just HAS to deal with, gotta run, be right back, honey, I swear... and SKIDADDLE! Support her current choice, even if it is not a choice you would not make, and keep the door WIDE open and a light in the window!!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2006, 09:36:24 AM »

Ask BK DAY

We often hear that a DVD was taken from this source or that source.

What exactly is an interpostivite print?
Is there anything they can do to it to improve the quality of it?

Also mentioned is a camera negative. Are there different kinds of negative sources?

The camera negative is obviously the negative of the film edited into the cut of the film.  An interneg is a negative made off the camera neg and is used for making prints.  It is a generation away from the original, and therefore contains more grain than the original, especially any effects or optical shots, which can now be many generations away.  An interpositive is an actual print.  And prints are the final step and again are many generations away from the original.  Things can definitely be done to help each of those sources - it's suprising how often things aren't done, though.  There is NO excuse for bad color because they can fix just about anything.  But the person doing the fixing has to know what the color was like in the days of the film they're transferring. The latest example of this is the new The Searchers DVD - very sharp, better than the first DVD in that regard, but with completely off color - I bellyached so loud and so long about this and was berated by everyone for doing so, until, that is, Mr. Robert Harris agreed with me and confirmed that someone had dropped the ball and that it was being redone for the HD release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day....

What do you think are the BEST and WORST imitation of a celebrity's life in a movie or tv biopic?

James Cagney as Lon Chaney in MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES - good.
Frances Fisher as Lucille Ball in LUCY & DESI: THE TRUE[!]STORY - bad

Larry Parks is fantastic as Jolson.  Cary Grant is good but ludicrous as Cole Porter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »

I actually have a question for BK!

I know of Your Own Thing but I've never heard the score. Whose idea was it for the great 50s/Forever Plaid kind of arrangement for What Do I Know (from your Shakespeare on Broadway album). I love it!!!

My idea to do The Plaids - I used them whenever I could.  Can't remember which Plaid arranger did the vocal arrangement - it's in the credits.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:53 AM »

Wow, Bruce, you make Rockabye Hamlet sound much better than I've heard it was. It's one of those shows people mention when they talk about big, bad flops. The two numbers you have on the Shakespeare album, especially The Last Blues, are both great fun!

The Last Blues is one of my favorite tracks that I've recorded - not a great song, but the drummer was cooking, Melba was cooking, and the whole thing is magic, which happens from time to time and usually completely out of the blue.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »

Yo, Bruce! Chuck is printing out the script for me today. I gotta run by and get it - yeah, "run by"... which means sitting on the freeway for as much as two hours... I don't think I'll be able to then sit on the freeway for the requisite two hours more to get it to you today, before the festivities begin at the cemetary...

So, here's my plan: Felice is coming with me to Heather's show on Friday. I'll bring it to you then. Can't wait to heave you see it with the lyrics and new, improved scenes!!! Hahahahahahaaaaaa! and I found us an "older" actor who does dialects and sings, for the Father/English Playwright/French guy parts! PS - he's willing to do the next reading.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

RE: script... if I sent it as a Word attachment, could you open it in your computer? A hard copy is 39 pages... but maybe you could read it in digital? until I can get you a hard copy?
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »

Happy Birthday to the very missed OzDerek!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »

Anyhow, it's pretty thrilling to actually see it with the lyrics interwoven... hard to "hear" the songs without the sheet - but I catch snatches of melody and wonder if it's the real tune...
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:35 AM »

Ben - The reviews for the Martin Short show actually weren't bad at all for its recent Chicago opening.  (The reviews from the previous stops were not that good, though.)  Maybe they're making the right chnages to the show?

George

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:50 AM »

~~~Best Hip Health Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2006, 09:49:58 AM »

~~~Good Luck and Be Save Vibes for JRand55's Sister!!~~~

George

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2006, 09:51:07 AM »

~~~All Around Vibes for DakotaCelt and her Father!!~~~

George

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

My condolences to both JRand55 and DearReaderLaura. :(

George

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2006, 09:54:23 AM »

And now...I'm late for work, but I still have to empty the kitty litter box, take a shower and feed the kitty!  :o

Later!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2006, 09:55:26 AM »

Best to the great Ozderek. So glad I got even a short time here on the net with the fellow.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »

JRand, this is not your sis that owns the bookshop is it? In any case, I have a sister who had a penchant for "bad dudes."  It's tough because the more you object, the tighter she holds onto the guy. She finally married a nice fellow, but I definitely know where you're coming from. All you can do is say you'll be there come what may.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

Yep, no work today because the office is a heatbox. Kinda slow there anyway this month.

NANNY McPHEE was a decent movie. Predictable, and yet well cast and fun to watch. The kind of movie I feel should've done better at the box office, but the marketing was a little unclear.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2006, 10:01:36 AM »

I caught a little of a movie called ON BORROWED TIME or something, where Lionel Barrymore has an emissary of death caught up in a tree. Here is a fact: Hollywood's all-time best weeper is Bobs Watson.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2006, 10:03:16 AM »

PennyO, go ahead and send it as a Word doc - it will be good to have it, but the hard copy is for working at the piano.  See you on Friday - if you haven't reserved, please do so.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »

My own guess for the movie DakotaCelt was talking about is HIGH SCHOOL USA which was all the NBC sitcom stars of 1983 (Nancy McKeon, Michael J. Fox, Todd Bridges, Dana Plato) in a movie where the principal was Dwayne Hickman.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2006, 10:05:09 AM »

Wow, I will! Is her show selling well?
PennyO

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2006, 10:09:16 AM »

I thought of buying that special edition of MOMMIE DEAREST, but I was put off by the idea of John Waters commentary. Somebody that has something to do with the movie at least, please.

I kind of like the casting of Steve Forrest because he's just such an odd choice. I mean, what a part for that guy to get at that point in his career. Was there no A-list male actor willing to be in the movie or what?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2006, 10:47:26 AM »

PennyO, always best to reserve.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2006, 10:50:06 AM »

OH!

Catching up from yesterday's Topic of the Day-

Jeremy Irons and Anthony Edwards (and basically the rest of the cast of hundreds) in "Brideshead Revisited"

I got soooo hooked on "BR" when I was in high school.  I caught it about half-way through it's original airing, then proceeded to watch the marathons that WETA would show every now and then.  Then a couple of years ago, they started rebroadcasting the episodes again in their final late-night slot before signing off.  And it's one of those DVD sets that keep tempting me as I walk by them at the store.

I was a BR addict too!! I watched the whole thing the first time it was broadcast. I couldn't decide whether I was in love with Jeremy Irons or Anthony Edwards. A little of both I think

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2006, 10:56:07 AM »

How bizarre.......................
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up