Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT  (Read 27308 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2006, 05:32:56 PM »

I've also spent a lot of time walking. It's hot, but I love to walk in cities, so I've been wandering around. It's been a very nice day

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »

Tomorrow is "Emerald Festival" day. I must see if I can find my ruby slippers.  Emerald is about 10 kilometers away and is our next "village".  It is a cold and wet wintery weekend.  I doubt that anyone shall be melting.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2006, 05:41:36 PM »

Speaking of slippers, I left my favorite sandals at the Sleep Inn in Omaha.  They were in pretty sad shape, so I've decided to leave it to fate and see if they send them to me. Otherwise, I'll have to get some new ones.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »

Well, this is frightening!  Five o'clock and no one in the jernt.

I had to leave quite unexpectedly!  My sister and niece are in Seattle to see a Seattle Storm basketball game and Larry, my sister's boyfriend was at her house mowing (he's retired...he has the time ;)).  Anyway, he called in an absolute panic, saying that my niece's two brand new (8-week old or so...she's only had them for a couple of weeks) kittens had gotten out of the house and he couldn't find them ANYWHERE!!  He said that he noticed them gone around 3:00 when he called me at about 5:15.  I rushed over to help look for them.  We put food outside and looked around the outside of the house and down the street a bit.  Nothing!  We even looked in the garage (that had been closed) and in the downstairs of the house, again.

Then, just to be sure, I went upstairs to look around, by myself.  I went into my niece's room, then the extra bedroom, the upstairs bathroom, and then my sister's room.  I looked in her bathroom and then under her bed.  When I got down to look under the bed, the kittens came around from wherever they had been sleeping!!  The never left the house...they were just very well hidden!  I picked up both of them (they're still fairly small) and walked downstairs and into the kitchen.  Larry was SOOOO relieved!  He called my sister and told them that I found the kittens and all is well.  Now I'm back at work and that's why I wasn't in the jernt. ;D

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:19:39 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »

George - so glad that story had such a happy ending.

George

« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »

George - so glad that story had such a happy ending.

Me too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »

TCB - Skip will be in Washington the whole week.  There will of course be the three-hour Amtrak trip between Vancouver, WA (where HERRINGBONE is playing) and Seattle, WA to contend with.  I'll join him in Seattle (or more precisely, in Issaquah) on Thursday for the final LAST STARFIGHTER rehearsals.

George

« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »

TCB - Skip will be in Washington the whole week.  There will of course be the three-hour Amtrak trip between Vancouver, WA (where HERRINGBONE is playing) and Seattle, WA to contend with.  I'll join him in Seattle (or more precisely, in Issaquah) on Thursday for the final LAST STARFIGHTER rehearsals.

My ex-boyfriend works for Amtrak and has worked on the Seattle-to-Vancouver (Portland?) run.  His normal run, though, is the six-day Seattle-to-Chicago round trip.  He's been doing it for over 10 years, now (not a situation conducive to a long-distance relationship :-\).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2006, 07:25:41 PM »

Kudos to our DR Jose for an excellent job on DEAR EDWINA!!  The show is absolutely adorable, and the book and lyrics of Marcy Heisler and music of Zina Goldrich are catchy and contribute enormously to the charm of the show.  Our DR Jose looked splendid as Edwina's brother Myron Spoonapple and sparkled at the keyboard as part of the garage community theatre band.  I had a wonderful time.

Afterwards, I met the writers, two immensely talented amd charming ladies, saw my friend Jen Bender who directed the piece, and took our talented MD to dinner.  All in all, a most enjoyable way to spend an evening.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »

Glad the show was enjoyable.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2006, 07:51:15 PM »

I went down to meet TPunk at the Time Warner Center, and she did some shopping, and as we were leaving the mall, who was coming up the escalator as we were going down?

Malan, the designer booted off in week 2 of PROJECT RUNWAY. By himself, but on the cellphone, and I had just said, "Hey, there's Malan" quietly (I thought) to TPunk, and he looked over with a smile, and we gave him a little wave. So that was funny.

A few minutes later as we walked up Broadway, we saw Mark Linn-Baker. So that was funny too.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2006, 07:51:45 PM »

Glad the cats were found. Cats are great hiders.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2006, 07:52:56 PM »

We had dinner at a place called the Shark Bar, which had some creative soul food. I had a good okra-seafood gumbo.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »

MBarnum, did you ever watch that El Brendel movie you have recorded called JUST IMAGINE?

I promise you'll love the scenes when they travel to another planet.

Also, I watched part of a 50s movie today called THE DAY MARS INVADED EARTH, I think that was the title. I wondered if you had seen this one. The Martians look like people, they concentrate really hard and turn you into a pile of ash, then they become a replica of you. It was on Fox today. A cheapie.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »

The German CREATURE WASN'T NICE sounds awesome.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2006, 07:58:43 PM »

Frenzy, baby!

George

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2006, 08:02:15 PM »

I just read HERE that BK's very own landlord, James Marsden, is going to play Corny Collins in the "Hairspray" movie.  (He's still your landlord, BK...isn't he?)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2006, 08:06:54 PM »

So You Think You Can Dance....

I too was surprised with the female elimination. I think when someone does badly, people will rally around that person, and someone who people EXPECT is getting votes can get burned. I thought Natalie was toast, but I do agree that it is basically splitting hairs at this point. Now that Ryan is gone, any of the rest are top-of-the-line. Though I think Ivan is maybe a step below the other dudes. But what do I know? I never even wanted to start watching the dang show!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

Had lots to watch tonioght. I started off with GREY'S ANATOMY from last night. This was a rerun from Season 1 (all new to me) dealing with a woman with a sixty pound tumor. Riveting viewing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2006, 08:19:25 PM »

Next, I watched a PRIVATE SCREENINGS interview between Robert Osborne and Mickey Rooney. Mickey didn't always answer the questions that had been asked, and Robert seemed a bit intimidated in not following up with him when answers weren't forthcoming.

For example, they started mentioning his favorite directors and he mentioned Clarence Brown. Osborne mentioned he wasn't as remembered as some other directors of the period, and Mickey mistakenly said he directed NINOTCHKA (which Osborne didn't correct) along with NATIONAL VELVET. But they never continued with the topic of the many famous directors Mickey worked with. (Busby Berkeley had been mentioned earlier in which Mickey said he was the finest director of musicals who ever lived and he said if Judy was still alive, she'd say so too. Hardly. Everything I've ever read discussed how much she disliked working with him.)

In all, a frustrating interview even though it was filled with clips from Mickey's movies including lots of early movies that don't get shown much.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »

MONK had some funny moments tonight, but in order to stage some scenes, logic was thrown out the window and contrivance was the order of the day. (We see dozens of construction workers at a busy site, but as soon as Monk becomes a target and tries to get away (he can't see), the other workers conveniently disappear so he can be at the mercy of the killer.

Still, I enjoyed the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »

PSYCH had lots of funny things tonight, too. James Roday and Dule Hill have a great ability of playing off each other with lines zinging fleetly back and forth, but Hill was back in his disapproving mode that got tiresome. I did figure out the identity of the mastermind before it was revealed. Wasn't too hard to guess, actually.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »

Almost midnight here, so I'm off to bed. I hope that one hour nap I took this afternoon won't prevent a decent night's sleep.

Good night!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2006, 09:11:10 PM »

Sandra!
Great pix and stories of boating mayhem the other day.

FJL

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »

I'm sleepy

FJL

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2006, 09:16:54 PM »

And Skip is catching an early plane

FJL

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »

So we'll be up tomorrow at 6:30 which is early for us (well, me, anyway)

FJL

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »

But I do want to see us get to page 6

FJL

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »

Because I really want to say

FJL

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

To start the page