Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT  (Read 27296 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

I had a MEDIUM afternoon meaning I watched three episodes of MEDIUM from the DVD set. I hadn't planned on watching MEDIUM today, but I forgot that I had cued it up last night to play today, so I just left it in and watched these this afternoon.

Among the episodes was one with Allison's mother-in-law coming to visit and looking like she wanted to move in with the family. She was played by Cathy Baker, and it was a wonderful episode. I only vaguely recalled it from last season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »

Hmmm...could The Creature Wasn't Nice become a good stage musical?

And isn't it time someone did a Sci-Fi Musicals festival somewhere?  Unless one already exists somewhere?

OK, I am babbling now.  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Four Dance!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »

Another MEDIUM episode guest starred Chad Lowe as a pilot accused of killing his wife. Allison sees that at some point in the future, the man is going to save a plane going down with his expertise, so her dilemma becomes keeping what she finds out to herself so he can be out of prison and able to save all those passengers or revealing what she knows about his guilt and thus dooming that plane-load of passengers who will perish without his knowledge of flying. Intriguing conundrum for Allison, but this is one time they couldn't make the ending leave the viewer feeling completely free from dread.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »

Tut, tut, looks like rain.

A Milne reference, of course.

Right now, it doesn't entirely look like rain, but it sure sounds like thunder.  Marty, the big lab, is hiding under my feet as I write this.  He is shivering.  He doesn't like thunder.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »

I finished the afternoon with last night's CSI, a tory involving (what turned out to be ) three dead bodies all connected to a single criminal event. Again, my recollection of the episode from this season was very hazy, so I ejoyed revisiting this episode again.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2006, 01:53:06 PM »

As CSI came to its conclusion, I started getting very sleepy. I got less than 7 hours last night, and with a heavy lunch and the combination of heat and cool swirling around me, I enjoyed a one hour nap.

I hope I don't pay for it tonight when I'm trying to fall asleep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »

Well, it was almost unbearable to be outside when I went out for my errands earlier today. The air was so heavy it was hard to breathe, and there was just no breeze anywhere. Miserable, awful July day heat-wise.

For the first time in a long time here in Western Washington, it's overcast and actually quite nice after all that heat!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »

I really don't know if anyone has gone to the trouble of breaking down the various CABARETs though I think all the different stage versions would make an interesting outline to see what was added and subtracted.

I have the scripts of the original and the Tony-winning revival. I have an audio tape of the Joel Grey revival (I guess recorded through the theater's sound system). And I have the movie on DVD.

I don't know about the scripts, but there is a songbook, The Complete Cabaret Collection: Author's Edition, that has all the songs written for the 1966 original Broadway production, additional songs from the 1972 film score and the 1998 Broadway revival.  It also includes three songs cut from the original Broadway production:  "Goodtime Charlie," "It'll All Blow Over" and "Room Mates."  I bought it a couple of years ago and it's pretty cool!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:14:32 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »

We are under a thunderstorm warning for tonight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »

Had a great trip here.  Both flights were early. Totally full, but early.  From Denver to LA, I sat next to a family with two teenagers...the parents had told them all summer they were going on a vacation to Wyoming.  Just before they got on the plane, they saw the REAL itinerary...Hawaii!   Brittany - the girl next to me came running down the aisle to her seat.  Before even saying "hello" She held out the itinerary toward me and sad "OH MY GOD.....OH MY GOD......LOOK WHERE WE ARE GOING!!!!!"   I was then filled in on the whole story.

What a great story!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2006, 02:44:53 PM »

As for spoiler alerts, I think it's nice to have them when discussing eliminations for any show just in case even if it's from the night before.  Sometimes I don't watch it when it airs but a few days later.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2006, 02:45:57 PM »

I'm going home soon! Which is good, cause I'm super hungry!

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »

I'm heading off-line now to do the bedroom cleaning. I'm a day behind due to yesterday's different schedule.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2006, 03:41:42 PM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC for the sound check and then tonight's show.  I hope when I return I don't find a lack of postings, oh, yes, I hope I don't find a lack of postings.

Not sure if I'm going out after the show or not - if I do, the notes will probably be up late.  I have a trivia question - not sure if it's good enough yet.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »

My family called from northern Arizona. They will be home tonight. They got the car started and are afraid to turn it off -- so they are driving straight through until they get home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope you're having fun in LA!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »

I'm going home soon! Which is good, cause I'm super hungry!

I am home and DH Richard has gone out for pizza for our dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2006, 03:57:38 PM »

My family called from northern Arizona. They will be home tonight. They got the car started and are afraid to turn it off -- so they are driving straight through until they get home.

Hope they don't need to fill up on the way!

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2006, 04:19:36 PM »

More fun upcoming DVD releases!

"Universal Screen Legends!

Three “Screen Legends Collections” are coming from Universal on Nov. 14, one each for Bing Crosby, Cary Grant, and Rock Hudson. Titles include:

Bing: Waikiki Wedding (1937, with Bob Burns and Martha Raye); Double or Nothing (1937, with Miss Raye again), East Side of Heaven (1939, with Joan Blondell), If I Had My Way (1940, with Gloria Jean and El Brendel) and Here Come the Waves (1944, with Betty Hutton). If you’re wondering what Gloria Jean was doing in a Paramount Picture, well… good catch. But Der Bingle actually was loaned to Universal for that film (and for East Side of Heaven, too).

Cary: Thirty Day Princess (1934, with Sylvia Sidney), Kiss and Make Up (1934, with Helen Mack), Wings in the Dark (1935, with Myrna Loy), Big Brown Eyes (1936, with Joan Bennett), and Wedding Present (1936, with Miss Bennett)

Rock: Douglas Sirk’s Has Anybody Seen My Gal? (1952, with Piper Laurie), Nathan Juran’s The Golden Blade (1953, with Miss Laurie), A Very Special Favor (1965, with Leslie Caron), Robert Aldrich’s The Last Sunset (1961, with Kirk Douglas) and The Spiral Road (1962, with Burl Ives).

. "
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:20:44 PM by MBarnum »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »

Well, this is frightening!  Five o'clock and no one in the jernt.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2006, 05:06:03 PM »

Even more frightening:  Now it's 8 o'clock and no one else in the jernt.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »

And tomorrow, Skip will officially be on Washington State time.

FJL

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2006, 05:07:58 PM »

That's the state, not the university.

FJL

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2006, 05:16:35 PM »

Is 5100 posts a milestone?  If so, TCB, you're very close to it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2006, 05:22:52 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope you're having fun in LA!

Yes, I am having a most pleasant time....although getting up at 5:00AM my time was 3:00AM this time, so here it is 5:16 PM and I'm thinking....isn't it time to go yet????

This afternoon I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art, which is right next door to the hotel.   They had a very interesting Robert Rauchenberg exhibit.  He's one of Paul's favorites.  I must say until I met Paul and his friend Mark, I really didn't like abstract or modern art much at all, they are expanding my horizons

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »

BK, finally got a message from our friend Mr. H. Seems they are doing lots of changes and haven't stopped working. I'll see him tonight at the theatre.  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:25:23 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

Other than that I have spoken to BK twice today.  It was nice to hear his voice in a conversation.  Seems quite appropriate to see a Kander and Ebb show one night and then go to the cabaret old chum the next.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »

Is 5100 posts a milestone?  If so, TCB, you're very close to it.

Any number can be a milestone, if you play your cards right!
[/i][/size]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »

FJL, is Skip going to stay on in Washington through next weekend, or is going to go back and forth?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up